Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | switching flights for movie nights
1 2
Hi everyone,

I was thinking of switching flights and wanted to join one with fun movie nights c:. can anyone recommend me which flight I should switch to to have fun with movie nights?

thanks for your time :)
Hi everyone,

I was thinking of switching flights and wanted to join one with fun movie nights c:. can anyone recommend me which flight I should switch to to have fun with movie nights?

thanks for your time :)
@luadep
We have some pretty awesome movie nights here in Arcane!
Every Saturday we play a movie and we vote on themes and movies! I would definitely recommend coming over to Arcane, not only because of the movies, but also because we are a very nice and welcoming community and love to see new people over here! :)
@luadep
We have some pretty awesome movie nights here in Arcane!
Every Saturday we play a movie and we vote on themes and movies! I would definitely recommend coming over to Arcane, not only because of the movies, but also because we are a very nice and welcoming community and love to see new people over here! :)
Seconding Arcane-we have a few different movie slots to account for time zones, so it's more likely you'll get to enjoy a movie compared to just one time slot (since the multiple slots are there because timezones)
Seconding Arcane-we have a few different movie slots to account for time zones, so it's more likely you'll get to enjoy a movie compared to just one time slot (since the multiple slots are there because timezones)
@luadep
I run the movie night thread in Wind! We watch a movie every other week (unless I don't have time to set up voting, but that's not very often). First we choose a theme, then we choose a movie within that theme. We've watched all sorts of stuff, including things like Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, Howl's Moving Castle, and How to Train your Dragon!

I host the movie on Fridays at 17:00 FR time, and then there's a second showing of the same movie on Saturdays at 14:00 FR time.

EDIT: You could also start a movie night thread in Water! I'm happy to help you out if you want! C:
@luadep
I run the movie night thread in Wind! We watch a movie every other week (unless I don't have time to set up voting, but that's not very often). First we choose a theme, then we choose a movie within that theme. We've watched all sorts of stuff, including things like Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, Howl's Moving Castle, and How to Train your Dragon!

I host the movie on Fridays at 17:00 FR time, and then there's a second showing of the same movie on Saturdays at 14:00 FR time.

EDIT: You could also start a movie night thread in Water! I'm happy to help you out if you want! C:
tumblr_inline_nitm4pYBdg1t8garv.pngazumarill.gifwater_banner.png
@AlwaysFlying
Coming over to toss in my vote for Arcane :D. Last night we watched Pokemon Heroes and were all run over by the Feels Train ;^;. But we watch all sorts of stuff, and we always have lots of fun even when only a few people can attend. Plus we usually do stuff before and after the stream for even more funs! I know tonight we're watching Destiny Deoxys and streaming a Ruby Randomizer the host is playing, which has been hilarious so far.

i was using >:| before when we tried to catch a Mon and it worked the first three times in a row, but then we ran into a Rayquaza in Petalbug Woods and I got too excited and broke it .__.
@AlwaysFlying
Coming over to toss in my vote for Arcane :D. Last night we watched Pokemon Heroes and were all run over by the Feels Train ;^;. But we watch all sorts of stuff, and we always have lots of fun even when only a few people can attend. Plus we usually do stuff before and after the stream for even more funs! I know tonight we're watching Destiny Deoxys and streaming a Ruby Randomizer the host is playing, which has been hilarious so far.

i was using >:| before when we tried to catch a Mon and it worked the first three times in a row, but then we ran into a Rayquaza in Petalbug Woods and I got too excited and broke it .__.
0lSM1SJ.png t1eU2lt.pngWishlist
@AlwaysFlying @Gootarts

the movie night and community sounds great! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Arcane :).

@Azumarill

that sounds great! thank you for sharing how movie night works in wind. And, thank you for the offer for helping out!, but I think I have to decline..things are a bit quiet here for me, so I'd rather find a new flight.

@Elai

Thanks for your thoughts on Arcane! And, I love pokemon! For me, I like to draw and imagine stories for them. I'm not a big fan of the canon, where everything is so combat-centric.

I think I will make up my mind tonight on which flight I should switch to. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and recommendations :).
@AlwaysFlying @Gootarts

the movie night and community sounds great! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Arcane :).

@Azumarill

that sounds great! thank you for sharing how movie night works in wind. And, thank you for the offer for helping out!, but I think I have to decline..things are a bit quiet here for me, so I'd rather find a new flight.

@Elai

Thanks for your thoughts on Arcane! And, I love pokemon! For me, I like to draw and imagine stories for them. I'm not a big fan of the canon, where everything is so combat-centric.

I think I will make up my mind tonight on which flight I should switch to. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and recommendations :).
Frankly I don't think you should change flights solely for movie nights. If yours doesn't have one, you can initiate them yourself or just ask around to find out whether anyone would be willing. There's more to a flight than just what you do in free time and changing it is a huge commitment, since you'll only be able to change it again after 6 months.
Frankly I don't think you should change flights solely for movie nights. If yours doesn't have one, you can initiate them yourself or just ask around to find out whether anyone would be willing. There's more to a flight than just what you do in free time and changing it is a huge commitment, since you'll only be able to change it again after 6 months.
@luadep

Seconding fatherpunk- changing for movie nights is ridiculous. Why waste a free change when you can start them yourself? Flight is love, flight is life.

Of course, if you are willing to switch flights because water just doesn't suit you, feel free to hit me up and I'll help you in the magical flight quest for FAMILY.
@luadep

Seconding fatherpunk- changing for movie nights is ridiculous. Why waste a free change when you can start them yourself? Flight is love, flight is life.

Of course, if you are willing to switch flights because water just doesn't suit you, feel free to hit me up and I'll help you in the magical flight quest for FAMILY.

I rose up at the dawn of day--
`Get thee away! get thee away!
Pray'st thou for riches? Away! away!
I took this thread as more of a "seeking a flight with more outside activities/ways to hang out" more than solely movie nights, you know? I'm not a part of Water Flight, so I have no idea what it's like, but I don't think OP's criteria is exactly ridiculous. It's important for some people to be in a group where they feel like they're making friends and maaaaaybe movie nights and a more interactive, chatty flight is what OP needs? Also it's a game. Who cares why somebody wants to switch flights, the point is that the person does and that's it lol.

Anyway, Light has a movie night thread that goes on but I'm not sure exactly how active it is? I think it's generally pretty active, but I haven't been able to swing by and participate myself because the timing is always bad for me!
I took this thread as more of a "seeking a flight with more outside activities/ways to hang out" more than solely movie nights, you know? I'm not a part of Water Flight, so I have no idea what it's like, but I don't think OP's criteria is exactly ridiculous. It's important for some people to be in a group where they feel like they're making friends and maaaaaybe movie nights and a more interactive, chatty flight is what OP needs? Also it's a game. Who cares why somebody wants to switch flights, the point is that the person does and that's it lol.

Anyway, Light has a movie night thread that goes on but I'm not sure exactly how active it is? I think it's generally pretty active, but I haven't been able to swing by and participate myself because the timing is always bad for me!
kUQI1O8.png ♥ 21
♥ fr +2
♥ g1/g2 lore clan
@luadep I think they have movie nights in plague @kauria do we have movie nights in plague ( not sure so any answer would be welcome )
@luadep I think they have movie nights in plague @kauria do we have movie nights in plague ( not sure so any answer would be welcome )
boIu4p9.png
1 2