Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coliseum Suggestions
If this is a repeat thread, I apologize! I didn't see any on the first page.

I personally had some ideas for the coliseum that may have some support, but I'm hoping this thread will be full of other people's ideas too!

Ok, 1:
More options for Tank Builds, with Augment Stones. There are augments that enhance a physical dragon and a magical dragon (might fragments/berserk stones, acuity fragments/scholar stones, respectively). There is, however, no way to enhance a dragon meant to take lots of damage. I suggest a stamina fragment and a survivalist stone. They would up your vitality for a given dragon, and in the case of the survivalist stone (meant to be analogous with berserk and scholar), it ups your vitality, defense, and mind a considerable amount. Maybe +3 DEF, +3 MIND, +7 VIT?

2:
More diversity with ability stones. Neutral attacks, IMO, are important to have too, in the occasion the element of your dragon clashes with a monster in the field. Why not present more types of neutral attacks than, say, contuse and shred? I've long discovered that you can have very variant builds even if a dragon fits in a certain class. If we had, for example, concuss, we can allow physical dragons to have the same buffer contuse has (reduced damage from foe). That would be useful for glass canons! If we had more stones to choose from, it'd be a very easy way to make the coliseum more exciting and make teams more personalized for people's needs!

3:
Better indicators for enemies in the turn sidebar. I know I won't be the only one with this sentiment, because I know this has to be universally annoying: you're fighting a group of. idk. Bone Priests. And you need to attack a specific one because its turn is right after yours. However, there's no way to tell which bone priest goes next, and the only way you can really decipher the right monster is with dumb luck. Maybe the text can, when another enemy of the same species shows on the field, become two separate colors. In the turn bar, that monster shows with an overlay of the proper text color. So you'd have 4 Bone Priests, but their names appear as red, blue, yellow, and green. Alternatively, you could also make it so that you hover over a monster in the turn bar and it highlights the proper monster.

4:
Status ailment cycling text. I often lose count of which turn I'm on under a status ailment. How long will I be paralyzed in battle? It'd be great if, when we hover over it, we'd also see like "(Turn 1 of 4)."

What do you guys think?
If this is a repeat thread, I apologize! I didn't see any on the first page.

I personally had some ideas for the coliseum that may have some support, but I'm hoping this thread will be full of other people's ideas too!

Ok, 1:
More options for Tank Builds, with Augment Stones. There are augments that enhance a physical dragon and a magical dragon (might fragments/berserk stones, acuity fragments/scholar stones, respectively). There is, however, no way to enhance a dragon meant to take lots of damage. I suggest a stamina fragment and a survivalist stone. They would up your vitality for a given dragon, and in the case of the survivalist stone (meant to be analogous with berserk and scholar), it ups your vitality, defense, and mind a considerable amount. Maybe +3 DEF, +3 MIND, +7 VIT?

2:
More diversity with ability stones. Neutral attacks, IMO, are important to have too, in the occasion the element of your dragon clashes with a monster in the field. Why not present more types of neutral attacks than, say, contuse and shred? I've long discovered that you can have very variant builds even if a dragon fits in a certain class. If we had, for example, concuss, we can allow physical dragons to have the same buffer contuse has (reduced damage from foe). That would be useful for glass canons! If we had more stones to choose from, it'd be a very easy way to make the coliseum more exciting and make teams more personalized for people's needs!

3:
Better indicators for enemies in the turn sidebar. I know I won't be the only one with this sentiment, because I know this has to be universally annoying: you're fighting a group of. idk. Bone Priests. And you need to attack a specific one because its turn is right after yours. However, there's no way to tell which bone priest goes next, and the only way you can really decipher the right monster is with dumb luck. Maybe the text can, when another enemy of the same species shows on the field, become two separate colors. In the turn bar, that monster shows with an overlay of the proper text color. So you'd have 4 Bone Priests, but their names appear as red, blue, yellow, and green. Alternatively, you could also make it so that you hover over a monster in the turn bar and it highlights the proper monster.

4:
Status ailment cycling text. I often lose count of which turn I'm on under a status ailment. How long will I be paralyzed in battle? It'd be great if, when we hover over it, we'd also see like "(Turn 1 of 4)."

What do you guys think?
I support these suggestions!
I support these suggestions!
Feel free to ping me in forum threads- I like getting updates.
Making Randomly-Generated-Banhammer a thing since 2014.