Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | PC Koi Pearl Accent Interest Check
This is just a WIP, but you get the point. I don't feel like finishing it unless SOMEBODY likes it. So tell me what you think. Note: I plan on adding some sort of Japanese style tattoo on the forearm, or bordering on the wings. Ping me! [img]http://oi57.tinypic.com/bhd112.jpg[/img]
This is just a WIP, but you get the point. I don't feel like finishing it unless SOMEBODY likes it. So tell me what you think.
Note: I plan on adding some sort of Japanese style tattoo on the forearm, or bordering on the wings.
Ping me!
bhd112.jpg
@Hepatica - heh I always like the fishies, though I don't generally do skins/accents very much. Hmm... let's see...

Well, as you say it's a work in progress so perhaps you were already thinking along these lines, but - at the moment it looks like the fish is painted on the outside of the pearl rather than swimming inside of it. Perhaps a thin transparent layer of blue overtop it and/or a light-spot that overlapped both the fish and the blue might help with the 'inside-the-ball' look. I'm also thinking that the blue of the water could be a shade or three lighter, though that's personal preference. The actual shape and design of the fish looks good to me and I think it'd look awesome once the detail is added in. I think it'd look particularly nice with a mix of orange and white scales (but again, personal preference xD).

For the extras... hmm I am not familiar with Japanese style tattoos so perhaps this is already similar to what you're planning but I think he would look cool with some kind of almost 'sleeve' swirling tattoos on his forearms and perhaps even his lower legs and/or a portion of his tail. (or a faint scale pattern? to match the fish?)

And, since it's inside the dragon shape as a whole (so I think it's okay to do? I haven't reviewed accent rules other than it can only cover x percent of the dragon), what do you think about the possibility of adding an earring? xD Just something simple like a gold hoop hanging down or whatever. Though that idea is pretty random, heh.

Perhaps some kind of faint scale outline pattern on his shoulders/rump, or on the wing edges like you said... maybe even with the occasional random scale of the pattern colored in orange or white...

Sorry, kinda rambling there. I hope it was somewhat useful though! ^_^' I'll warn you, the price of accents is usually out of my league so don't count on me to buy one, no matter how awesome it looks, unfortunately. Just came hoping to help with ideas. ^_^' So you may want to discard my opinion in the face of paying customers'. I won't be offended. xD
@Hepatica - heh I always like the fishies, though I don't generally do skins/accents very much. Hmm... let's see...

Well, as you say it's a work in progress so perhaps you were already thinking along these lines, but - at the moment it looks like the fish is painted on the outside of the pearl rather than swimming inside of it. Perhaps a thin transparent layer of blue overtop it and/or a light-spot that overlapped both the fish and the blue might help with the 'inside-the-ball' look. I'm also thinking that the blue of the water could be a shade or three lighter, though that's personal preference. The actual shape and design of the fish looks good to me and I think it'd look awesome once the detail is added in. I think it'd look particularly nice with a mix of orange and white scales (but again, personal preference xD).

For the extras... hmm I am not familiar with Japanese style tattoos so perhaps this is already similar to what you're planning but I think he would look cool with some kind of almost 'sleeve' swirling tattoos on his forearms and perhaps even his lower legs and/or a portion of his tail. (or a faint scale pattern? to match the fish?)

And, since it's inside the dragon shape as a whole (so I think it's okay to do? I haven't reviewed accent rules other than it can only cover x percent of the dragon), what do you think about the possibility of adding an earring? xD Just something simple like a gold hoop hanging down or whatever. Though that idea is pretty random, heh.

Perhaps some kind of faint scale outline pattern on his shoulders/rump, or on the wing edges like you said... maybe even with the occasional random scale of the pattern colored in orange or white...

Sorry, kinda rambling there. I hope it was somewhat useful though! ^_^' I'll warn you, the price of accents is usually out of my league so don't count on me to buy one, no matter how awesome it looks, unfortunately. Just came hoping to help with ideas. ^_^' So you may want to discard my opinion in the face of paying customers'. I won't be offended. xD
Come to the dork side. Do not make me de-story you. Image © Diaktoros
DriftAwayBanner_zpsd03e0e45.jpg tumblr_om7wmtaZKm1w2diclo1_100.png
DNOE36T.png
(water-only links)
Yah, this is going to need work. As it stands right now, it looks flat. You need to refine it with shading, and a light reflection to give it the illusion of being inside and not 'painted on'.
The thing about pearl catchers is that people tend to just do the people in an accent. And for other dragons, just do one aspect of the dragon and leave it like that. You have that entire canvas to work on. The wings, the neck, the hair, the fluff, the feet. Use those also. It might be just a simple glow or maybe some sort of texture, but the more unique you make it, the more people will love it~
Yah, this is going to need work. As it stands right now, it looks flat. You need to refine it with shading, and a light reflection to give it the illusion of being inside and not 'painted on'.
The thing about pearl catchers is that people tend to just do the people in an accent. And for other dragons, just do one aspect of the dragon and leave it like that. You have that entire canvas to work on. The wings, the neck, the hair, the fluff, the feet. Use those also. It might be just a simple glow or maybe some sort of texture, but the more unique you make it, the more people will love it~
USERbanner.png
I am not an artist myself so I am really not in the position to critique art things, but I have a similar accent with just a fishy where you can get maybe a few pinpointers from it. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46887] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/469/46887_350.png[/img] [/url]
I am not an artist myself so I am really not in the position to critique art things, but I have a similar accent with just a fishy where you can get maybe a few pinpointers from it.

46887_350.png
m5kNycY.pngFMdbyfP.pnge3svukl.pngLSkUnqX.png