Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [guide] Coliseum Element Odds
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 50 51
oh thank ! i really need that :3
oh thank ! i really need that :3
bumping for Trickmurk Circus. thanks for the guide!
bumping for Trickmurk Circus. thanks for the guide!
tumblr_nib2kanKSo1qk933wo3_500.png
In the example of Trickmurk Circus, are shadow monsters more likely than neutral ones to drop the holiday currency? If neutral mobs have the same chance, the arena seems like the preferred grinding spot.
In the example of Trickmurk Circus, are shadow monsters more likely than neutral ones to drop the holiday currency? If neutral mobs have the same chance, the arena seems like the preferred grinding spot.
@amarquis

from what I know, shadow monsters do have a higher drop rate (and will drop chests) so the arena isn't the best choice since there aren't any shadow monsters there if you want better chances at chests. I would recommend sandswept or the kelp beds for this holiday. The mire isn't terrible but I haven't had much luck there myself.

I could bring wrong but that's from what I know.
@amarquis

from what I know, shadow monsters do have a higher drop rate (and will drop chests) so the arena isn't the best choice since there aren't any shadow monsters there if you want better chances at chests. I would recommend sandswept or the kelp beds for this holiday. The mire isn't terrible but I haven't had much luck there myself.

2ia4ig5.png
[quote name="Sivir" date="2015-02-22 11:57:36"]@amarquis from what I know, shadow monsters do have a higher drop rate (and will drop chests) so the arena isn't the best choice since there aren't any shadow monsters there if you want better chances at chests. I would recommend sandswept or the kelp beds for this holiday. The mire isn't terrible but I haven't had much luck there myself. I could bring wrong but that's from what I know.[/quote] That makes sense, if neutrals did drop equally then the arena would outstrip any other location for any event.
Sivir wrote on 2015-02-22 11:57:36:
@amarquis

That makes sense, if neutrals did drop equally then the arena would outstrip any other location for any event.
@Amarquis @Sivir I've had a lot of Pinecones and one chest from the Arena today, so I'd say that one works fine.
@Amarquis @Sivir I've had a lot of Pinecones and one chest from the Arena today, so I'd say that one works fine.
1PosW03.pngWk6JceO.png
@Amarquis @Sivir @Lovegood

Shadow monsters are twice as likely to drop pinecones than neutral ones, and each shadow monster has two assigned chest drops while neutral monsters can only drop one chest. The arena definitely works for pinecones. I don't know which monsters drop which chests, so I can't say what works best for those.

For an example for the chest thing, during the gala the Silver Springbok is Ice and had a chance of dropping the Frigid Abyss and Snowsquall Souvenir, but a neutral like a Chimera would only have a chance of dropping Ice Golem. For Trickmurk each shadow will have a chance for two chests and neutrals only one. I could be wrong about the specific chests but hopefully that makes sense?
@Amarquis @Sivir @Lovegood

Shadow monsters are twice as likely to drop pinecones than neutral ones, and each shadow monster has two assigned chest drops while neutral monsters can only drop one chest. The arena definitely works for pinecones. I don't know which monsters drop which chests, so I can't say what works best for those.

For an example for the chest thing, during the gala the Silver Springbok is Ice and had a chance of dropping the Frigid Abyss and Snowsquall Souvenir, but a neutral like a Chimera would only have a chance of dropping Ice Golem. For Trickmurk each shadow will have a chance for two chests and neutrals only one. I could be wrong about the specific chests but hopefully that makes sense?
FR+2 / just havin a fun time / sprite collection in progress / signature will be made fancy later
@amarquis @Sivir

See this thread Chance of currency from Element/Neutral: the averages are 37% for elemental monsters (about 25% in the Woodland Path, 33% in the Arena, 42% in the Mire) and 26% for neutral.
@amarquis @Sivir

See this thread Chance of currency from Element/Neutral: the averages are 37% for elemental monsters (about 25% in the Woodland Path, 33% in the Arena, 42% in the Mire) and 26% for neutral.
bumped again for the holiday XD
bumped again for the holiday XD
@Maki That's a great thread, thanks for linking it.
@Maki That's a great thread, thanks for linking it.
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 50 51