Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Familiar Inquisitive Level
When I bond with my familiar, the amount the bar goes up is always the same depending on the level. But for Inquisitive, right at the end of the leveling (where there's only a sliver left to go), the amount the bar goes up decreases dramatically. For all of my Inquisitive familiars, it's taken an extra turn to go up to Companion. Instead of seeing the sliver as just part of what it should fill, it only fills the sliver - and I have to level up the next day. For other levels in the same situation, I'm brought up a level right then.

TL;DR - When my familiar's about to level up from Inquisitive, instead of going to the next level when there's a sliver left at the end (smaller than the normal amount Inquisitive foes up each day), it takes another day. Other levels don't do this.
When I bond with my familiar, the amount the bar goes up is always the same depending on the level. But for Inquisitive, right at the end of the leveling (where there's only a sliver left to go), the amount the bar goes up decreases dramatically. For all of my Inquisitive familiars, it's taken an extra turn to go up to Companion. Instead of seeing the sliver as just part of what it should fill, it only fills the sliver - and I have to level up the next day. For other levels in the same situation, I'm brought up a level right then.

TL;DR - When my familiar's about to level up from Inquisitive, instead of going to the next level when there's a sliver left at the end (smaller than the normal amount Inquisitive foes up each day), it takes another day. Other levels don't do this.
The sun warms the soilowHD2Fr.pngon a cool autumn day.
Just quoting my own experience here... but I haven't noticed the reduction in bar fill rate that you're describing. I have noticed that Relaxed seems to 'level up' before the bar is full, and that Wary, Tolerant, and Inquisitive all fill the bar completely full before leveling up. Probably something to do with the size of the bar compared to how many days it takes, but I'm just speculating, there...

I wouldn't worry about an 'extra day' though. To my knowledge, familiar advancement is based on the number of days bonded rather than the specific progress bar graphic. I believe it's 18 days for Inquisitive, but don't hold me to that.
Just quoting my own experience here... but I haven't noticed the reduction in bar fill rate that you're describing. I have noticed that Relaxed seems to 'level up' before the bar is full, and that Wary, Tolerant, and Inquisitive all fill the bar completely full before leveling up. Probably something to do with the size of the bar compared to how many days it takes, but I'm just speculating, there...

I wouldn't worry about an 'extra day' though. To my knowledge, familiar advancement is based on the number of days bonded rather than the specific progress bar graphic. I believe it's 18 days for Inquisitive, but don't hold me to that.
@Serendipital: Could you perhaps provide us with screenshots, so we can have a better view of what you are saying? Thank you! c:
@Serendipital: Could you perhaps provide us with screenshots, so we can have a better view of what you are saying? Thank you! c:
@Gaia

Sorry, I don't have anyone nearing companion right now, and I forgot to take screenshots when I made the original post...I'll post screenshots as soon as possible.
@Gaia

Sorry, I don't have anyone nearing companion right now, and I forgot to take screenshots when I made the original post...I'll post screenshots as soon as possible.
The sun warms the soilowHD2Fr.pngon a cool autumn day.
I've experienced this and just assumed it was normal? As in, it's supposed to take that long to go up to companion?
I've experienced this and just assumed it was normal? As in, it's supposed to take that long to go up to companion?
My Sunbeam Ursa has stayed at the same level of Companion for at least a month. I'm sorry other people are having the same problem :c
My Sunbeam Ursa has stayed at the same level of Companion for at least a month. I'm sorry other people are having the same problem :c
bAMxJHf.png
I've had this experience with every single one of my familiars...I just thought it was normal. Because it takes longer for a familiar to bond for each level it advances. The bar doesn't grow, but it takes longer to fill. There shouldn't be a problem with there only being a sliver left.

My problem is different. It's been at least 20 days, and my Nocturne's familiar bar hasn't moved AT ALL. And it's at Companion, but only about 1/3 of the way in. It has never advanced. :(
I've had this experience with every single one of my familiars...I just thought it was normal. Because it takes longer for a familiar to bond for each level it advances. The bar doesn't grow, but it takes longer to fill. There shouldn't be a problem with there only being a sliver left.

My problem is different. It's been at least 20 days, and my Nocturne's familiar bar hasn't moved AT ALL. And it's at Companion, but only about 1/3 of the way in. It has never advanced. :(
Wing-L.png7GZL67L.pngkRuXbjj.pngRBvgAJf.pngWing-R.png
@LayeredCake @Serendipital

Hello, I'm sorry if this annoys you guys to be pinged!

I tried removing a piece of apparel of my dragons with stuck familiars, and that seems to do the trick. c: So I just remove a flower crown, for example, and then bond, then I just replace the apparel. I hope that works for you guys T_T
@LayeredCake @Serendipital

Hello, I'm sorry if this annoys you guys to be pinged!

I tried removing a piece of apparel of my dragons with stuck familiars, and that seems to do the trick. c: So I just remove a flower crown, for example, and then bond, then I just replace the apparel. I hope that works for you guys T_T
bAMxJHf.png
@emynmuils Oh cool! I'm glad that worked for you. I'll have to try that tomorrow! Thanks for your help :)
@emynmuils Oh cool! I'm glad that worked for you. I'll have to try that tomorrow! Thanks for your help :)
Wing-L.png7GZL67L.pngkRuXbjj.pngRBvgAJf.pngWing-R.png