Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Battle of four=Economy?
So I took my dragons off the AH during that massive push (Congrats Fire, btw!) and I put them up for 10 gems, which for the time I thought was kinda high. I'd seen a lof of 3-7g and 3k range dragons, who were worth much more. But they sold pretty quick, and I took another look at the AH, and MAGIC happened. 10g baseline and 4.8k!

I think this massive dom battle really helped.

What do you think the dom battle affected?
Should we schedule regular ones to help the economy stay afloat?
So I took my dragons off the AH during that massive push (Congrats Fire, btw!) and I put them up for 10 gems, which for the time I thought was kinda high. I'd seen a lof of 3-7g and 3k range dragons, who were worth much more. But they sold pretty quick, and I took another look at the AH, and MAGIC happened. 10g baseline and 4.8k!

I think this massive dom battle really helped.

What do you think the dom battle affected?
Should we schedule regular ones to help the economy stay afloat?
fiFase7.png Draca
She/They
FRT +3
Roleplay Clan
If you do art comms I'm probably on your pinglist lol
Anytime there's a dom or profit push that gets competitive it takes a lot of dragons out of the system. I definitely think there should be more, besides the fact that they're exciting to watch. I think, and don't quote me on this, but Arcane is going to try profit pushing more frequently. We discovered we liked it. XD
Anytime there's a dom or profit push that gets competitive it takes a lot of dragons out of the system. I definitely think there should be more, besides the fact that they're exciting to watch. I think, and don't quote me on this, but Arcane is going to try profit pushing more frequently. We discovered we liked it. XD
ci3UVKu.png
Prices have come back down quickly. Last night just before rollover, every hatchling below 15g and 8k treasure were cleared out of the AH. Prices will be back to normal before tomorrow.
Prices have come back down quickly. Last night just before rollover, every hatchling below 15g and 8k treasure were cleared out of the AH. Prices will be back to normal before tomorrow.
RVCJPrX.png
With Light and Nature going at it I think we'll see prices stay up a little higher, especially towards the end of the week. Not as high as at the end of last week but still up there.

On a side note all of these pushes makes it feel like all the Flights are super pumped for this new year!
With Light and Nature going at it I think we'll see prices stay up a little higher, especially towards the end of the week. Not as high as at the end of last week but still up there.

On a side note all of these pushes makes it feel like all the Flights are super pumped for this new year!
PdrVGEX.gifCX5jG7P.gif
I would be very interested to know if dominance pushes actually benefit or harm the economy overall. Profit pushes do, I would think, but does a dominance push actually put treasure and gems into the economy or take it out? (And for that matter, which of those options is actually best? Inflation seems to be a worry for some people.)

It can be said with confidence that dominance pushes help the dragon-selling market, but that's one small aspect of the sitewide economy and may not accurately reflect the whole. Is the amount gained by sellers balanced out by the benefits of exalting the dragons and reaping dom rewards by the buyers? Or is dom a losing financial prospect? Only the admins could tell us any of the numbers for sure, but they only really have the numbers for exaltation and they prefer to keep the data they do have a bit of a mystery so that it's harder to game the dom system. So tl;dr: we just don't know.

Regardless, I'm loving the fact that every flight has had a push of some kind this year! It's exciting to watch. :D
I would be very interested to know if dominance pushes actually benefit or harm the economy overall. Profit pushes do, I would think, but does a dominance push actually put treasure and gems into the economy or take it out? (And for that matter, which of those options is actually best? Inflation seems to be a worry for some people.)

It can be said with confidence that dominance pushes help the dragon-selling market, but that's one small aspect of the sitewide economy and may not accurately reflect the whole. Is the amount gained by sellers balanced out by the benefits of exalting the dragons and reaping dom rewards by the buyers? Or is dom a losing financial prospect? Only the admins could tell us any of the numbers for sure, but they only really have the numbers for exaltation and they prefer to keep the data they do have a bit of a mystery so that it's harder to game the dom system. So tl;dr: we just don't know.

Regardless, I'm loving the fact that every flight has had a push of some kind this year! It's exciting to watch. :D
I for one was buying gem hatchlings at the end and exalting. I need treasure more than gems right now, and I was trying to exalt as much as I possibly could.
I for one was buying gem hatchlings at the end and exalting. I need treasure more than gems right now, and I was trying to exalt as much as I possibly could.
Sig by Snivy14
dEeYK3e.png
I'd like to add a few information (I'm the buyer of the three adult dragons at 10g).

10g/dragon, at 1g:500t rate (and this was a pretty high rate, but now "normal"), is 5000t/ adult dragon. Which is a very low price, even before the 4 Elements Dom'.
If there wasn't this huge push, you sold them at low price anyway (one month ago it would be 1:460, so 4600t/u, and a baseline of 7k-8kt/u for exalt-adult dragon).
But not complaining.

EDIT : Actually not buyer. Sniper is more accurate.
I'd like to add a few information (I'm the buyer of the three adult dragons at 10g).

10g/dragon, at 1g:500t rate (and this was a pretty high rate, but now "normal"), is 5000t/ adult dragon. Which is a very low price, even before the 4 Elements Dom'.
If there wasn't this huge push, you sold them at low price anyway (one month ago it would be 1:460, so 4600t/u, and a baseline of 7k-8kt/u for exalt-adult dragon).
But not complaining.

EDIT : Actually not buyer. Sniper is more accurate.
@eeliesecks

Exalting puts money into the economy. When you buy a dragon off the AH most of the money you spend goes to the seller, meaning it stays in the system. When you exalt a dragon it creates money from nothing, putting more treasure into the system.

Now whether this is a bad or good thing, I would have to say I'm leaning towards good. As it is with all of the treasure the Marketplace poofs out of existence, I think the flow is mostly even. Especially when you consider the cost of geneing projects, etc.
@eeliesecks

Exalting puts money into the economy. When you buy a dragon off the AH most of the money you spend goes to the seller, meaning it stays in the system. When you exalt a dragon it creates money from nothing, putting more treasure into the system.

Now whether this is a bad or good thing, I would have to say I'm leaning towards good. As it is with all of the treasure the Marketplace poofs out of existence, I think the flow is mostly even. Especially when you consider the cost of geneing projects, etc.
PdrVGEX.gifCX5jG7P.gif