Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Crystalline Gala 2015
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 50 51
where do you get these skins? How do you collect Eternal Snow?
where do you get these skins? How do you collect Eternal Snow?
@Foxhall Thanks very much for all your advice :) I'm already gearing up to make my coli team so hopefully things will go more smoothly in future! - What I meant by mentor was just that you were lucky enough to have someone tell you how important the coliseum is at the start; I only recently found out (after the truth about the dragon economy became painfully obvious through experience...) I have read some of the guides but I didn't come across anything that made it so clear that the coliseum is so important. I think there needs to be a giant, capitalised sticky!!

But the whole dynamic of the game is obviously in flux, which is why I made my post, because I'm still not entirely convinced the mods *intended* it to be this difficult for everyone to get all the Festive items. Earning bonus stuff through coli grinding is one thing, that's optional, but if I'd known it was the main route to progression before I joined... I might not have done. (It's too late now! I have a lair to maintain ;)

Anyway the wiki says that the elemental Emblems will definitely return, so I'm just after the three limited items - I hope you're right about the currency drops, I suspect in fact that the drop rate evens out over a longer period so low rates are compensated for by higher ones - but after looking on the AH I'm at least mollified that I can make up the shortfall by buying someone else's snow!
@Foxhall Thanks very much for all your advice :) I'm already gearing up to make my coli team so hopefully things will go more smoothly in future! - What I meant by mentor was just that you were lucky enough to have someone tell you how important the coliseum is at the start; I only recently found out (after the truth about the dragon economy became painfully obvious through experience...) I have read some of the guides but I didn't come across anything that made it so clear that the coliseum is so important. I think there needs to be a giant, capitalised sticky!!

But the whole dynamic of the game is obviously in flux, which is why I made my post, because I'm still not entirely convinced the mods *intended* it to be this difficult for everyone to get all the Festive items. Earning bonus stuff through coli grinding is one thing, that's optional, but if I'd known it was the main route to progression before I joined... I might not have done. (It's too late now! I have a lair to maintain ;)

Anyway the wiki says that the elemental Emblems will definitely return, so I'm just after the three limited items - I hope you're right about the currency drops, I suspect in fact that the drop rate evens out over a longer period so low rates are compensated for by higher ones - but after looking on the AH I'm at least mollified that I can make up the shortfall by buying someone else's snow!
CTF4up6.png
@iamaturtle9 you get Eternal Snow by doing your gathers in Ice (from the gathering location)

also from fighting in the coliseum
@iamaturtle9 you get Eternal Snow by doing your gathers in Ice (from the gathering location)

also from fighting in the coliseum
tumblr_n44y4ljVaJ1qiizr1o3_r1_400.gif
Hello Icewarden, I am one of your loyal subjects!
Hello Icewarden, I am one of your loyal subjects!
@iamaturtle9 Yes as aequidens says; and skins are being sold on the marketplace, under the 'skins' tab - but only for the duration of the Festival! (Don't worry if it seems to be sold out, they will restock to the end of the week!)
@iamaturtle9 Yes as aequidens says; and skins are being sold on the marketplace, under the 'skins' tab - but only for the duration of the Festival! (Don't worry if it seems to be sold out, they will restock to the end of the week!)
CTF4up6.png
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME
___
Lorie / gemini

FR+8

Tn4TEAZ.png
_
_

__ c6nYENf.png __ dcbbuos.png
I love the Coldsnap!
I love the Coldsnap!
Happy Crystalline Gala from the Arcane flight!
Happy Crystalline Gala from the Arcane flight!
happy crystalline gala!!! my first one :3
happy crystalline gala!!! my first one :3
7973260p.png41fc039db15a525eb929f802356724a9ee110d56.gif68a771bc1576e7b33915c34f836e64179a681a03.gif6e6a4718ba53b746ad2e1d9238e40d349ea9486b.gif9828159p.png
lovely!
lovely!
VsoSnU5.png
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 50 51