Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | More gathering rewards for larger lairs
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Yes please! It is getting hard to feed everyone in my lair...
Yes please! It is getting hard to feed everyone in my lair...
Support - I have no problems getting enough food, but there were days long ago when I could spend a percentage of my time foraging or digging, not dedicating most of my time fishing, then some insect catching, then some hunting etc. Scavenging/digging is a thing of the past for me.
Support - I have no problems getting enough food, but there were days long ago when I could spend a percentage of my time foraging or digging, not dedicating most of my time fishing, then some insect catching, then some hunting etc. Scavenging/digging is a thing of the past for me.
stormcatchersiggie_zps77a9946f.png
Support, at least for the food categories. I've been keeping my lair kind of compact because I don't want to have to worry about food, but it would be nice if I could expand without having to think about it
Support, at least for the food categories. I've been keeping my lair kind of compact because I don't want to have to worry about food, but it would be nice if I could expand without having to think about it
tumblr_pvk94uYqSJ1tq8ghao5_500.png
Pool/Neen • She/Her • Avatar
Tentative support.

I don't think it should be based on each individual lair slot, because then someone that can hold 50 dragons can get 50 turns even if they only have two dragons, which is really unfair.

Gathering definitely needs a rehaul, though, it's a bit ridiculous to have a lair of 99 dragons and have them bring back one 1 bird each time I go hunting.
Tentative support.

I don't think it should be based on each individual lair slot, because then someone that can hold 50 dragons can get 50 turns even if they only have two dragons, which is really unfair.

Gathering definitely needs a rehaul, though, it's a bit ridiculous to have a lair of 99 dragons and have them bring back one 1 bird each time I go hunting.
The struggle is real. Support!
The struggle is real. Support!
EYhnjwN.png
Support with some reservations.

It should be up to how many dragons you have in your lair, I believe, because, as Pandy said, you could have someone with one of those micro lairs and only a few dragons but still tons of turns because they have a very big lair. Then they would be selling/hoarding the excess, which isn't terrible, but isn't exactly fair. Or logical since it's apparently supposed to be your dragons doing the gathering.

It should be up to how many dragons you have in your lair, I believe, because, as Pandy said, you could have someone with one of those micro lairs and only a few dragons but still tons of turns because they have a very big lair. Then they would be selling/hoarding the excess, which isn't terrible, but isn't exactly fair. Or logical since it's apparently supposed to be your dragons doing the gathering.
Pard-ra? Par-dra? I sound like a Thundercats character. Click please? .gif.gif
I personally think the way gathering works just needs to be different. Like say...hm, let me see if I can put this into words.
Every item has a range with how many will drop. The higher leveled you are, the better your chance of getting the higher amounts. This would allow certain items, such as food, to be allowed to drop in bigger stacks if people have leveled it, while other items could be set to have lower ranges of amounts that can drop. I'm not sure what would be fair, but just for example's sake lets say food items could have a range of dropping 1-20 of that item (assuming the more common food items) If you're level one, you are more likely to find 1 or 2 of the item if that item drops, while if you're level 25 you're more likely to get 19 or 20 of it if it drops. Every item should have the same chance of actually showing up, despite their level (excluding items that need to be unlocked via levels) i.e. a level 25 scavenger should have the same shot at finding an egg as someone at level 1, I think. But having each item have a range of amounts they are allowed to drop in would mean that, say, those eggs would have a range of just 1. The level 25 can't find 20 eggs while the level 1 finds 1. Does this make sense? ex e
Thinking about the way Gathering currently works, though, would probably make this hard. I just think it needs to be overhauled and revamped. I personally think people at higher levels should have some sort of benefit as opposed to penalty, like it currently is because they did bother to level the dang skill, but they shouldn't have a significant 'quantity' advantage over players at lower levels.
I hope I make sense uv u
So I guess I'm a 'sorta kinda support'
I personally think the way gathering works just needs to be different. Like say...hm, let me see if I can put this into words.
Every item has a range with how many will drop. The higher leveled you are, the better your chance of getting the higher amounts. This would allow certain items, such as food, to be allowed to drop in bigger stacks if people have leveled it, while other items could be set to have lower ranges of amounts that can drop. I'm not sure what would be fair, but just for example's sake lets say food items could have a range of dropping 1-20 of that item (assuming the more common food items) If you're level one, you are more likely to find 1 or 2 of the item if that item drops, while if you're level 25 you're more likely to get 19 or 20 of it if it drops. Every item should have the same chance of actually showing up, despite their level (excluding items that need to be unlocked via levels) i.e. a level 25 scavenger should have the same shot at finding an egg as someone at level 1, I think. But having each item have a range of amounts they are allowed to drop in would mean that, say, those eggs would have a range of just 1. The level 25 can't find 20 eggs while the level 1 finds 1. Does this make sense? ex e
Thinking about the way Gathering currently works, though, would probably make this hard. I just think it needs to be overhauled and revamped. I personally think people at higher levels should have some sort of benefit as opposed to penalty, like it currently is because they did bother to level the dang skill, but they shouldn't have a significant 'quantity' advantage over players at lower levels.
I hope I make sense uv u
So I guess I'm a 'sorta kinda support'
xxxxxx rLjqGXW.gif gWlopTc.gif
[quote name="Pardra" date="2015-01-22 13:03:42"]Support with some reservations. It should be up to how many dragons you have in your lair, I believe, because, as Pandy said, you could have someone with one of those micro lairs and only a few dragons but still tons of turns because they have a very big lair. Then they would be selling/hoarding the excess, which isn't terrible, but isn't exactly fair. Or logical since it's apparently supposed to be your dragons doing the gathering.[/quote] I don't think it should be based on the number of dragons in your lair. I'm one of those people that only have maybe 2 pages of permanent dragons because I don't want to just have dragons with no real purpose in my lair. My choice. But I've also spent a lot of time across my days of being on FR getting my Digging and Scavenging to level 25. Why should I get fewer things because I have fewer dragons? Technically, by my level, my dragons are very skilled at certain things as opposed to their being many. Besides, if it's based on lair size it'll be very skewed by people that hold like...7 pages of nothing but dragons for exalt fodder, and have just 2 permanent dragons. Those dragons will be gone within a few days and the lair spaces replaced, yet they're getting extra benefits just because they have so many dragons. Just my 2 cents, but if you're going to have a bigger lair, in general, your skill levels will steadily increase with whatever category you need. Therefore, I think the benefits should still be based on the skill level uv u
Pardra wrote on 2015-01-22 13:03:42:

I don't think it should be based on the number of dragons in your lair. I'm one of those people that only have maybe 2 pages of permanent dragons because I don't want to just have dragons with no real purpose in my lair. My choice.
But I've also spent a lot of time across my days of being on FR getting my Digging and Scavenging to level 25. Why should I get fewer things because I have fewer dragons? Technically, by my level, my dragons are very skilled at certain things as opposed to their being many. Besides, if it's based on lair size it'll be very skewed by people that hold like...7 pages of nothing but dragons for exalt fodder, and have just 2 permanent dragons. Those dragons will be gone within a few days and the lair spaces replaced, yet they're getting extra benefits just because they have so many dragons. Just my 2 cents, but if you're going to have a bigger lair, in general, your skill levels will steadily increase with whatever category you need. Therefore, I think the benefits should still be based on the skill level uv u
xxxxxx rLjqGXW.gif gWlopTc.gif
[quote name="Pardra" date="2015-01-22 13:03:42"]Support with some reservations. It should be up to how many dragons you have in your lair, I believe, because, as Pandy said, you could have someone with one of those micro lairs and only a few dragons but still tons of turns because they have a very big lair. Then they would be selling/hoarding the excess, which isn't terrible, but isn't exactly fair. Or logical since it's apparently supposed to be your dragons doing the gathering.[/quote] This. I support it as long as it's balanced, preferably on the 'still hard' side.
Pardra wrote on 2015-01-22 13:03:42:

This. I support it as long as it's balanced, preferably on the 'still hard' side.
Support
Support
1 2 3 4 5 6 7