Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Item Caption Contest Discussion 2
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
[quote name="shadowmaat" date="2015-01-19 14:30:44"]I've been skimming back a few pages on the entries ([s]can't possibly get through them all[/s] yup, went through the [i]whole thread[/i]) and noticed a potential red flag for some of you. @watchword @Dragos1 @cyberpunkmafioso @Wingfold @PSInferno @staralfur @SadWeeb @Nightofdragons @stefon @20firebird @LordSheo @Thunder @NonstopDoodle @MediScoot @Bette @Kaegro @scheuenprinny @Torru @cherryoctopie @Tokagero @PrivateDetective @Kaseiko There's a sneaky bit in the rules that says you're limited to three entries. Would hate for folks to get disqualified because of that. Might want to go in and edit out the one(s) you like least. Sorry if I'm too late to help you guys! I'm not sure what their rules are like on things like this. They may only count the first three, so hopefully they're your best ones. :) I also hope I didn't get your hopes up by pinging you to this thread! LOL![/quote] Hey, Thanks for the tip! I totally didn't notice that. Unfortunately, I can't find my post to edit it. Kinda wish FR had direct-to-post links instead of direct-to-thread links.
shadowmaat wrote on 2015-01-19 14:30:44:
I've been skimming back a few pages on the entries (can't possibly get through them all yup, went through the whole thread) and noticed a potential red flag for some of you.

@watchword @Dragos1 @cyberpunkmafioso @Wingfold @PSInferno @staralfur @SadWeeb @Nightofdragons @stefon @20firebird @LordSheo @Thunder @NonstopDoodle @MediScoot @Bette @Kaegro @scheuenprinny @Torru @cherryoctopie @Tokagero @PrivateDetective @Kaseiko

There's a sneaky bit in the rules that says you're limited to three entries. Would hate for folks to get disqualified because of that. Might want to go in and edit out the one(s) you like least.

Sorry if I'm too late to help you guys! I'm not sure what their rules are like on things like this. They may only count the first three, so hopefully they're your best ones. :)

I also hope I didn't get your hopes up by pinging you to this thread! LOL!
Hey, Thanks for the tip! I totally didn't notice that.

Unfortunately, I can't find my post to edit it.
Kinda wish FR had direct-to-post links instead of direct-to-thread links.
tumblr_paowz6ygV51s79fpho3_400.png Mediscoot's Projects and Quests
NPC Color Guide
Monthly Coliseum Challenge Thread
Big Book of FR Memes
Currently Questing:
Frigid fugitive shackles
Oh goodness I hope I'm not disqualified for not putting the actual icon in the entries... I mean I described what it looked like but I entered so close to the deadline that I didn't have time to look for an answer... o~o
Oh goodness I hope I'm not disqualified for not putting the actual icon in the entries... I mean I described what it looked like but I entered so close to the deadline that I didn't have time to look for an answer... o~o
@shadowmaat
Oh, thanks for mentioning it! Fixed my entries.
@shadowmaat
Oh, thanks for mentioning it! Fixed my entries.
tumblr_onqz86NEs81sl68fro1_500.png
[quote name="ghosty07" date="2015-01-21 13:51:47"]Oh goodness I hope I'm not disqualified for not putting the actual icon in the entries... I mean I described what it looked like but I entered so close to the deadline that I didn't have time to look for an answer... o~o[/quote] @ghosty07, you're fine. Don't worry. :)
ghosty07 wrote on 2015-01-21 13:51:47:

@ghosty07, you're fine. Don't worry. :)
I really don't envy the judges... reading through those is going to be exhausting. Let alone choosing, there are some really good entries!

Here is what I entered:

Name: Battered Book of Fables
Caption: Some hatchlings have been using it to stage mock-battles...

Name: Fragrant Orchid
Caption: Check if your dragons aren't allergic before decorating your lair with it.

Name: Rusted Chain
Caption: The makers won't refund you if you use it on a Guardian.
I really don't envy the judges... reading through those is going to be exhausting. Let alone choosing, there are some really good entries!

Here is what I entered:

Caption: Some hatchlings have been using it to stage mock-battles...

Name: Fragrant Orchid
Caption: Check if your dragons aren't allergic before decorating your lair with it.

Caption: The makers won't refund you if you use it on a Guardian.
tumblr_nczpjhpTC61tfzajgo1_500.gif
Page 10.

I hope someone got the Dwarf Fortress joke. Or the Fables one. Or the Delta Force one. Really, all my entries were just puns and references all around.

I love the senpai ones for Sakura Moss, though. And the Sonic ones for Bluespine Slugs. And the Casting Rod just has to be a fishing joke.

All my backup entries were dreadful puns, too; I was so happy to see other people doing the ones I couldn't submit, like "That's just not cricket" and the vast array of deer puns.

Anyone see a Songbird Mimic one that went "I love to singa"? I was hoping to see that one.
Page 10.

I hope someone got the Dwarf Fortress joke. Or the Fables one. Or the Delta Force one. Really, all my entries were just puns and references all around.

I love the senpai ones for Sakura Moss, though. And the Sonic ones for Bluespine Slugs. And the Casting Rod just has to be a fishing joke.

All my backup entries were dreadful puns, too; I was so happy to see other people doing the ones I couldn't submit, like "That's just not cricket" and the vast array of deer puns.

Anyone see a Songbird Mimic one that went "I love to singa"? I was hoping to see that one.
spaceflight_rising250x100.pngtumblr_olkx7k1gjk1w18p86o1_r1_250.png
[img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/food/8103.png[/img] Name: Spineback Slug Caption: Distantly related to the Bluespine Slug, this fiery-colored slug may tickle one's throat when going down. [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/8095.png[/img] Name: Battered Book of Fables Caption: This ancient, dust-filled tome may induce sneezing and the occasional urge to take a nap. Proceed with caution. [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/8098.png[/img] Name: Rusted Chain Caption: It would appear that years of disuse has rendered it unusable...not recommended for much of anything.
8103.png
Name: Spineback Slug
Caption: Distantly related to the Bluespine Slug, this fiery-colored slug may tickle one's throat when going down.
8095.png
Caption: This ancient, dust-filled tome may induce sneezing and the occasional urge to take a nap. Proceed with caution.
8098.png
Caption: It would appear that years of disuse has rendered it unusable...not recommended for much of anything.
@a6IANTsquid Just so you are aware, this is the discussion thread for the contest. The thread for entries is closed, because the contest is now over and being judged. :)
@a6IANTsquid Just so you are aware, this is the discussion thread for the contest. The thread for entries is closed, because the contest is now over and being judged. :)
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
@JCStiches, darn. I didn't realize that, my bad :(
@JCStiches, darn. I didn't realize that, my bad :(
Aha, waiting for the winners' announcement is pretty exciting! Does anyone else know if this was the first time there was a caption contest for FR? I hope they have more contests like this in the future. X3
Aha, waiting for the winners' announcement is pretty exciting! Does anyone else know if this was the first time there was a caption contest for FR? I hope they have more contests like this in the future. X3
ice_rune_20.png eUzpdSm.png ice_rune_20.png
1. I buy OC art. 2. I don't exalt dragons from non-exalt threads.
3. I try to trade nice-looking dergs in swap threads.
4. If you're a newbie and need help navigating the site, feel free to ask. :)
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20