Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Online games you wish existed?
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="AruyaSei" date="2015-01-16 12:30:40"]the world. long forgotten .hack fans please join me and cry. but seriously though, something that allows you to fully customise a character right down to voice and gestures and attacks. i know things like runscape and such exist, but something with immersive graphics and the gate system .hack does. [/quote] @AruyaSei that actually exists, or rather existed. It's not quite an MMO but you can invite your friends to your server and so on. It was only released in Japan and it was an experiment for like 6 months or so but it was quite popular so they extended the time limit on it. But some NA people found out and using their leet hacking skills you can play The World on your PC with an incomplete English Patch while still being online. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPYbS9ysVxc&list=UUJbtPHddbjH4576LBPi5hnw]Here's a link[/url] to one of my personal favorite youtubers, Nakateleeli first exploring the game, on the original PS2 disc. He also has videos where he just plays the game with friends and viewers in a twitch channel. These videos on his youtube are called: "Livestream - Fragment Friday #X" But you can still play the game from the PC even if you don't have the Japanese PS2 Disc. The game is called .hack Fragment. It actually isn't an "MMO" per say, but rather it's more of an online game where you can invite your friends to come join you. But anyway that's all I have to say.
AruyaSei wrote on 2015-01-16 12:30:40:
the world.
long forgotten .hack fans please join me and cry.

but seriously though, something that allows you to fully customise a character right down to voice and gestures and attacks. i know things like runscape and such exist, but something with immersive graphics and the gate system .hack does.

@AruyaSei that actually exists, or rather existed. It's not quite an MMO but you can invite your friends to your server and so on. It was only released in Japan and it was an experiment for like 6 months or so but it was quite popular so they extended the time limit on it. But some NA people found out and using their leet hacking skills you can play The World on your PC with an incomplete English Patch while still being online. Here's a link to one of my personal favorite youtubers, Nakateleeli first exploring the game, on the original PS2 disc. He also has videos where he just plays the game with friends and viewers in a twitch channel. These videos on his youtube are called: "Livestream - Fragment Friday #X"

But you can still play the game from the PC even if you don't have the Japanese PS2 Disc. The game is called .hack Fragment. It actually isn't an "MMO" per say, but rather it's more of an online game where you can invite your friends to come join you. But anyway that's all I have to say.
@Shoey
You've given me heart palpitations. .hack/Fragement in english?

Does it run on a PS2 emulator or independantly? How complicated is set up?

Just... you wouldn't happen to have any links on how to get it running handy, would you?
@Shoey
You've given me heart palpitations. .hack/Fragement in english?

Does it run on a PS2 emulator or independantly? How complicated is set up?

Just... you wouldn't happen to have any links on how to get it running handy, would you?
@Miashin I wouldn't know, I haven't played it myself. But it doesn't seem to difficult to get running. I would link the website to the team who ended up cracking the game... but I don't wanna get banned for technically promoting a form of piracy. So just google .hack fragment... it's literally the first result. The video I linked in my first post talks about the team in greater detail but not how to get it running.
@AruyaSei figured I should let you know about this too.

Also the game is NOT in English, it's only partially in English! All the important stuff is in English, but you are still going to have to do a good deal of finagling. Like say on items, stats and abilities are in English, but the descriptions are in Japanese. So basically only the important stuff is in English.

I think all of the stuff you need to play the game is literally on that website but it's at the bottom in Yellow (Game Client) (Emulator) and the like.

also it's apparently more in English than I thought as the item descriptions are also in English... but like some of the Menus and stuff are not actually in English yet, such as the BBS.
@Miashin I wouldn't know, I haven't played it myself. But it doesn't seem to difficult to get running. I would link the website to the team who ended up cracking the game... but I don't wanna get banned for technically promoting a form of piracy. So just google .hack fragment... it's literally the first result. The video I linked in my first post talks about the team in greater detail but not how to get it running.
@AruyaSei figured I should let you know about this too.

Also the game is NOT in English, it's only partially in English! All the important stuff is in English, but you are still going to have to do a good deal of finagling. Like say on items, stats and abilities are in English, but the descriptions are in Japanese. So basically only the important stuff is in English.

I think all of the stuff you need to play the game is literally on that website but it's at the bottom in Yellow (Game Client) (Emulator) and the like.

also it's apparently more in English than I thought as the item descriptions are also in English... but like some of the Menus and stuff are not actually in English yet, such as the BBS.
@Shoey
Thank you for the info.

I'ts been a few years since I ran a search in Fragement and that site wasn't around back then. I thought you were talking about an 'off-the-grid' kind of place at first. :D

I'd argue that linking to it wouldn't constitute piracy as the game would fall into abandonware catagorization. I'll not push the matter though. ^^;
@Shoey
Thank you for the info.

I'ts been a few years since I ran a search in Fragement and that site wasn't around back then. I thought you were talking about an 'off-the-grid' kind of place at first. :D

I'd argue that linking to it wouldn't constitute piracy as the game would fall into abandonware catagorization. I'll not push the matter though. ^^;
@Miashin yeah I was literally right about to link it but I decided not to at the last moment, especially since it was super easy to find it as it was the first result with a google search.
@Miashin yeah I was literally right about to link it but I decided not to at the last moment, especially since it was super easy to find it as it was the first result with a google search.
A Warriors styled MMO. Or just a big single player open world where you could be a cat.
A Warriors styled MMO. Or just a big single player open world where you could be a cat.
-woody
-she/her
-very bisexual
-type 1 diabetic
-dragon sales
-coli grinding
0a336a4f9a312bb09aa01acd45192ada8875c8ea.png shadow.gif
[quote name="Woodenclaw" date="2015-01-19 18:27:04"]A Warriors styled MMO. Or just a big single player open world where you could be a cat.[/quote] Oy, this. Also, hmm A Pokemon-set MMORPG A Drowtales-set RPG of some sort (MMO one would be acceptable too) More Games Workshop games focusing on the Imperial Guard or even better, Adepta Sororitas & Ordo Hereticus. Closely related is a game, probably some sort of chatty FPS with Caiphas Cain books as inspiration. A game (maybe System Shock-style FPS? After all Clive Barker's Undying was great) set in Charlie Stross's The Laundry universe.
Woodenclaw wrote on 2015-01-19 18:27:04:
Oy, this.

Also, hmm
A Pokemon-set MMORPG
A Drowtales-set RPG of some sort (MMO one would be acceptable too)
More Games Workshop games focusing on the Imperial Guard or even better, Adepta Sororitas & Ordo Hereticus. Closely related is a game, probably some sort of chatty FPS with Caiphas Cain books as inspiration.
A game (maybe System Shock-style FPS? After all Clive Barker's Undying was great) set in Charlie Stross's The Laundry universe.
I just want the Firefly MMO to be released. I don't usually like MMOs, but I want to fly a ship so gorram bad. D:
I just want the Firefly MMO to be released. I don't usually like MMOs, but I want to fly a ship so gorram bad. D:
CAJaTcp.png
hh5n4WA.png
bVV6yhw.png
JvUa9ma.png
gzlHZ53.png
5hF3FGk.png
5zPzNgV.pngDBFJoJn.pngiwOM9O6.pnglF3Hy2Z.pngqBNWrht.pngTJdobYa.pngTkQY47D.pnghaRlyz4.pngeRWUNjA.pngFRbWiYH.pngE3sjxsi.pngk2ms4YU.png8fuzhUG.gif
QNbfPfg.png
Hmm.. A RWBY MMO would be nice, especially if you got to design your own hunter/huntress :O

And it's probably been mentioned but a HP MMO would also be AWESOME :D
Hmm.. A RWBY MMO would be nice, especially if you got to design your own hunter/huntress :O

And it's probably been mentioned but a HP MMO would also be AWESOME :D
rLSiosd.png
bYt72YT.pngW11sAlw.pngjI9KbMj.png
gp6bQfb.pngawqKoMx.pngVAnf2q2.png
Bb9XFYa.pngAaYNmEX.pngoczO35g.png
VjdktqS.pngYMPbu9R.png
WKtl2lb.png
[quote name="AruyaSei" date="2015-01-16 12:30:40"]the world. long forgotten .hack fans please join me and cry. [/quote] Cries with u
AruyaSei wrote on 2015-01-16 12:30:40:
the world.
long forgotten .hack fans please join me and cry.

Cries with u
ZNhRsiG.png
Current Mood: Trying to lure Nocturnes with food.
1 2 3 4 5