Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Fili/Dwarf Lovers?? //HOBBIT SPOILERS
1 2 3
@Melchiora

I know. :C

@ShadowsDragon

...Yyyeaaahhhh...I kind of have like four or five "fix-it" fics in the works...some to save the trio and some to just GIVE THE FANS SOME FREAKING GRIEVING TIME ;A;

@Amie

Same. ;_; I WANT IT SO BADLY AND I WANT IT RIGHT NOW!
@Melchiora

I know. :C

@ShadowsDragon

...Yyyeaaahhhh...I kind of have like four or five "fix-it" fics in the works...some to save the trio and some to just GIVE THE FANS SOME FREAKING GRIEVING TIME ;A;

@Amie

Same. ;_; I WANT IT SO BADLY AND I WANT IT RIGHT NOW!
@ShadowsDragon

I'm sorry. :'c

@Amie

I'm also hoping for that, they can't just not show the funeral! D:

@KiraJacqueline

:/

About fanfictions and fandoms and stuff, did you notice the parallels between Bilbo&Thorin and Kili&Tauriel? I didn't even notice it before someone on tumblr pointed it out. :O
@ShadowsDragon

I'm sorry. :'c

@Amie

I'm also hoping for that, they can't just not show the funeral! D:

@KiraJacqueline

:/

About fanfictions and fandoms and stuff, did you notice the parallels between Bilbo&Thorin and Kili&Tauriel? I didn't even notice it before someone on tumblr pointed it out. :O
water-banner-3_zps9b5f729c.gif
@Melchiora

LOL. My first thought watching some of the scenes was, "I certainly can't deny that there's some Bagginshield in this film!" But I didn't outright notice that parallel until Tumblr. :3

To The Hobbit: SHOT THROUGH THE HEAAAARRRT AND YOU'RE TOOOO BLAAAMMEEEEE ;A;
@Melchiora

LOL. My first thought watching some of the scenes was, "I certainly can't deny that there's some Bagginshield in this film!" But I didn't outright notice that parallel until Tumblr. :3

To The Hobbit: SHOT THROUGH THE HEAAAARRRT AND YOU'RE TOOOO BLAAAMMEEEEE ;A;
@KiraJacqueline

Ikr! :O Yes, some of the scenes was so obviously Bagginshield, like the scene with the acorn, Thorin's eyes practically melted. c: Haha, tumblr is the best place to find analysis about movies, especially analysis about ships.

To The Hobbit: YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME(death)
@KiraJacqueline

Ikr! :O Yes, some of the scenes was so obviously Bagginshield, like the scene with the acorn, Thorin's eyes practically melted. c: Haha, tumblr is the best place to find analysis about movies, especially analysis about ships.

To The Hobbit: YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME(death)
water-banner-3_zps9b5f729c.gif
@Melchiora

I agree! :P I didn't ship it going in but this movie gave me some very suggestive movie-canon to make me feel like I want to... >.>''' /sweats nervously/

xD Oh, you know that one! Good.
@Melchiora

I agree! :P I didn't ship it going in but this movie gave me some very suggestive movie-canon to make me feel like I want to... >.>''' /sweats nervously/

xD Oh, you know that one! Good.
I love Fili.........he doesn't get enough attention. And I wish he and Kili had died next to Thorin, defending him, like they did in the book.
I love Fili.........he doesn't get enough attention. And I wish he and Kili had died next to Thorin, defending him, like they did in the book.
og0rGtI.jpg
@Firetear

I feel the same. :/ I mean...out of everything they changed, that was changed the least? But it kind of meant the most...I don't know. :/
@Firetear

I feel the same. :/ I mean...out of everything they changed, that was changed the least? But it kind of meant the most...I don't know. :/
ALL MY DWARF FEELS, LET ME SHOW YOU THEM

*ahem* I mean...

Ugh, I have so many emotions about Middle Earth in general, but yeah. I feel like they get misunderstood a lot as a group and they don't get all the love that elves get... and then there are people (who have the temerity to call themselves fans) who feel like there's just too much dwarf, and... like, geez, if you're going to pad Hobbit out to three movies, why so little dwarf at the end?

(I don't know if Kili gets disproportionately more love than his brother solely because he got the love story, or if it's because he's the least dwarven looking dwarf...)
ALL MY DWARF FEELS, LET ME SHOW YOU THEM

*ahem* I mean...

Ugh, I have so many emotions about Middle Earth in general, but yeah. I feel like they get misunderstood a lot as a group and they don't get all the love that elves get... and then there are people (who have the temerity to call themselves fans) who feel like there's just too much dwarf, and... like, geez, if you're going to pad Hobbit out to three movies, why so little dwarf at the end?

(I don't know if Kili gets disproportionately more love than his brother solely because he got the love story, or if it's because he's the least dwarven looking dwarf...)
small7_zps60257e78.png
fOSQCIF.png
@CatDetective

I agree. Elves feel the same about stars as Dwarves do about gems? So what's the difference? I mean. Everyone calm down please. It's fine to have a favorite race or whatever, but the Dwarves get so much hatred and you don't see them doing kin-killings. I'm just. /eyes everything suspiciously/ Hrm.

(( I have no idea. But it kills me. :C I adore Fili. Poor sweet boy. ;_; ))
@CatDetective

I agree. Elves feel the same about stars as Dwarves do about gems? So what's the difference? I mean. Everyone calm down please. It's fine to have a favorite race or whatever, but the Dwarves get so much hatred and you don't see them doing kin-killings. I'm just. /eyes everything suspiciously/ Hrm.

(( I have no idea. But it kills me. :C I adore Fili. Poor sweet boy. ;_; ))
@KiraJacqueline
And the thing is... I think that the 'dwarves are greedy' thing is super exaggerated-- the dwarves themselves view consumptive greed as a dangerous sickness, and there's a difference between a love of gems and actual greed. At its core, it's an appreciation of both natural beauty and their own craftsmanship. Their environment shapes where they find natural beauty. Also, you can't boil them down to a single trait, but of course people do.

I just... I've had the feeling for some time that during Thorin's dying speech to Bilbo about how the world might be a better place if more people shared Bilbo's values, he's also speaking about some of his own values, which he lost sight of when succumbing to the lure of the Arkenstone. Home means something different to each of them, but home was the main thing he'd set out to recapture.

((Fili is adorable... sigh. POOR DWARVEN BABIES WHY DID YOU DIE??!))
@KiraJacqueline
And the thing is... I think that the 'dwarves are greedy' thing is super exaggerated-- the dwarves themselves view consumptive greed as a dangerous sickness, and there's a difference between a love of gems and actual greed. At its core, it's an appreciation of both natural beauty and their own craftsmanship. Their environment shapes where they find natural beauty. Also, you can't boil them down to a single trait, but of course people do.

I just... I've had the feeling for some time that during Thorin's dying speech to Bilbo about how the world might be a better place if more people shared Bilbo's values, he's also speaking about some of his own values, which he lost sight of when succumbing to the lure of the Arkenstone. Home means something different to each of them, but home was the main thing he'd set out to recapture.

((Fili is adorable... sigh. POOR DWARVEN BABIES WHY DID YOU DIE??!))
small7_zps60257e78.png
fOSQCIF.png
1 2 3