Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Bring back egg rot!
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 29 30
There's also the matter of not being able to actually expand a lair sometimes. We can't exactly earn enough to expand our lair in a day, so it wouldn't really work as a treasure sink unless we already have the treasure.
There's also the matter of not being able to actually expand a lair sometimes. We can't exactly earn enough to expand our lair in a day, so it wouldn't really work as a treasure sink unless we already have the treasure.
cPW6H3E.png
Hmm. I, for one, could see use in this, but for different reasons. I pair my dragons for "life", and would be very upset if I accidentally bred the wrong ones- Back when egg rot was a thing, I could just wait for them all to rot. Problem solved.

But... I'd like to suggest a different twist on this. Remember those coded messages from the beastclans? Yeah. One of them says:
"STEAL EGGS WHEN NEST UNWATCHED, TRAVEL TO SAFETY QUICKLY"

The beastclans seem to be the perfect way for eggs to be lost. Maybe it could even be tied to dominance? For example, unattended eggs could only be stolen if the beastclans were dominant.
Hmm. I, for one, could see use in this, but for different reasons. I pair my dragons for "life", and would be very upset if I accidentally bred the wrong ones- Back when egg rot was a thing, I could just wait for them all to rot. Problem solved.

But... I'd like to suggest a different twist on this. Remember those coded messages from the beastclans? Yeah. One of them says:

The beastclans seem to be the perfect way for eggs to be lost. Maybe it could even be tied to dominance? For example, unattended eggs could only be stolen if the beastclans were dominant.
NO SUPPORT.
NO SUPPORT.
I am Zephyr, the ultimate Warrior. Yeah.
[quote name="Anna" date="2015-01-11 05:05:21"]Hmm. I, for one, could see use in this, but for different reasons. I pair my dragons for "life", and would be very upset if I accidentally bred the wrong ones- Back when egg rot was a thing, I could just wait for them all to rot. Problem solved. But... I'd like to suggest a different twist on this. Remember those coded messages from the beastclans? Yeah. One of them says: "STEAL EGGS WHEN NEST UNWATCHED, TRAVEL TO SAFETY QUICKLY" The beastclans seem to be the perfect way for eggs to be lost. Maybe it could even be tied to dominance? For example, unattended eggs could only be stolen if the beastclans were dominant.[/quote] I have to admit this is a very interesting concept! (and if people honestly don't like the egg rot, why not this? No egg is lost and perhaps we can even make this a random chance? Just throwing thought out there)
Anna wrote on 2015-01-11 05:05:21:

I have to admit this is a very interesting concept! (and if people honestly don't like the egg rot, why not this? No egg is lost and perhaps we can even make this a random chance? Just throwing thought out there)
fr_plaguebanner_by_seepranne-d6ghm2z.gif
I support it, Dragoncave has a similiar thing when you don't 'incubate' eggs they die for over 7 days, meaning you got an entire week to care for it. If you can't or forget to get on and your eggs dies well to bad and inbefore anyone says "well bet you manage to hatch all your eggs in time" not really I've lost quite a lot of eggs mainly because I forgot to log on. Yeah it sucks I even lost a few rare dragons due to it but it happened can't do much about it.

And i agree with the OP on the matter that having to feed 100+ dragons when you're gone for a few days i way more punishing then having the small chance to loose an egg when gone for just a few days, as for real life occurances well in the case you know that you'll be gone or that you're going somewhere with no internet acces, don't breed. There are cases when you can't expect it but those odds are really rare, and as for being attached to your dragons, well I am that kind of perosn that get attached to bunches of pixels on screens. Some time ago I did alair purge and yesterday I did again to boot some dragons I sadly couldn't find any usefullness for, I was upset but I need the space because lair expansions are to expansive.

*deep breath* alright that was my rant
I support it, Dragoncave has a similiar thing when you don't 'incubate' eggs they die for over 7 days, meaning you got an entire week to care for it. If you can't or forget to get on and your eggs dies well to bad and inbefore anyone says "well bet you manage to hatch all your eggs in time" not really I've lost quite a lot of eggs mainly because I forgot to log on. Yeah it sucks I even lost a few rare dragons due to it but it happened can't do much about it.

And i agree with the OP on the matter that having to feed 100+ dragons when you're gone for a few days i way more punishing then having the small chance to loose an egg when gone for just a few days, as for real life occurances well in the case you know that you'll be gone or that you're going somewhere with no internet acces, don't breed. There are cases when you can't expect it but those odds are really rare, and as for being attached to your dragons, well I am that kind of perosn that get attached to bunches of pixels on screens. Some time ago I did alair purge and yesterday I did again to boot some dragons I sadly couldn't find any usefullness for, I was upset but I need the space because lair expansions are to expansive.

*deep breath* alright that was my rant
DVcXRyP.png
So long as the system was fixed before being reimplemented, I wouldn't mind. I had an egg rot in a nest that had been incubated every day when the mechanic was still working :/
So long as the system was fixed before being reimplemented, I wouldn't mind. I had an egg rot in a nest that had been incubated every day when the mechanic was still working :/
[quote name="Anna" date="2015-01-11 05:05:21"]Hmm. I, for one, could see use in this, but for different reasons. I pair my dragons for "life", and would be very upset if I accidentally bred the wrong ones- Back when egg rot was a thing, I could just wait for them all to rot. Problem solved.[/quote] Egg cancellation would be a much better solution for an accidental pair up (I'm always afraid of doing that too,) then it wouldn't affect the 99%-some of nests out there whose owners DON'T want to lose them. http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=sug&id=1141353&p=mb
Anna wrote on 2015-01-11 05:05:21:

Egg cancellation would be a much better solution for an accidental pair up (I'm always afraid of doing that too,) then it wouldn't affect the 99%-some of nests out there whose owners DON'T want to lose them.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=sug&id=1141353&p=mb
accessibilitysmaller.png
Support. It would make the Nesting Grounds more engaging than they are (and they aren't at all) and the compromised version that would ever be brought back likely would serve as no impediment to anyone logging in only a few (2-4) times a week.

Additionally, I support a non-gem item to protect nests. This item being added to Swipp's trades sounds like a good idea, though if this is chosen the trade should be implemented one week (or more) in advance of the re-introduction of egg rot.
Support. It would make the Nesting Grounds more engaging than they are (and they aren't at all) and the compromised version that would ever be brought back likely would serve as no impediment to anyone logging in only a few (2-4) times a week.

Additionally, I support a non-gem item to protect nests. This item being added to Swipp's trades sounds like a good idea, though if this is chosen the trade should be implemented one week (or more) in advance of the re-introduction of egg rot.
I agree for this, bring it back 0u0
I agree for this, bring it back 0u0
6f7ZFQ0.png > ToyHouse Pixel Shop
> FR time (late nights)
> Feel free to nudge me if you haven't heard from me in a while I get distracted lol
[quote name="Bliznyetzi" date="2015-01-04 20:15:20"]No support. There are so many scenarios in which someone might be suddenly and involuntarily absent, including illness, injury, technical troubles, parental involvement (grounding), and financial distress. I don't feel that the game should be adding additional penalties or consequences to already unpleasant situations. Punishing people who can't manage to visit every single day with something as heartbreaking as dead hatchlings would actually make me play less. I would be very anxious about having a nest, worried that something might come up or in the stresses of day-to-day life, I might forget.[/quote] I'm basically with this person. I have to go to the hospital without warning on a fairly regular basis, and I'm usually not allowed to leave for at least a week at a time, so this would be unnecessarily punishing on me if I happened to have a nest going at the time. I am, however, on board with a "vacation mode" as mentioned in comments. Also being able to voluntarily get rid of a nest would be handy.
Bliznyetzi wrote on 2015-01-04 20:15:20:
No support.

There are so many scenarios in which someone might be suddenly and involuntarily absent, including illness, injury, technical troubles, parental involvement (grounding), and financial distress. I don't feel that the game should be adding additional penalties or consequences to already unpleasant situations.

Punishing people who can't manage to visit every single day with something as heartbreaking as dead hatchlings would actually make me play less. I would be very anxious about having a nest, worried that something might come up or in the stresses of day-to-day life, I might forget.

I'm basically with this person. I have to go to the hospital without warning on a fairly regular basis, and I'm usually not allowed to leave for at least a week at a time, so this would be unnecessarily punishing on me if I happened to have a nest going at the time.

I am, however, on board with a "vacation mode" as mentioned in comments. Also being able to voluntarily get rid of a nest would be handy.
qvTNuJR.pngtumblr_inline_naxjlyAN6m1qg78ij.pngqvTNuJR.png
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 29 30