Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Increase Marketplace Quantities
1 2
There's anywhere between 3000-5000 users online at any given time now, but the marketplace still only stocks 2-7 items per cycle, the same as it did several registration periods ago. It's a bit frustrating and nearly impossible to get certain items, much less the genes we want for our dragons! Could we at least up the number to something in the teens, give some of us with more laggy connections a chance to actually buy?
There's anywhere between 3000-5000 users online at any given time now, but the marketplace still only stocks 2-7 items per cycle, the same as it did several registration periods ago. It's a bit frustrating and nearly impossible to get certain items, much less the genes we want for our dragons! Could we at least up the number to something in the teens, give some of us with more laggy connections a chance to actually buy?
Unicorns - They're magically delicious! Mind the horn.

You call them unicorn horns. I call them chew toys for teething hatchlings.
@Brandrew

Check the AH, genes that have been around for a while especially will be under market value because of dom discounts.

Some older apparel will be as well especially if it drops in chests too.

Prices go down for almost everything eventualy.
@Brandrew

Check the AH, genes that have been around for a while especially will be under market value because of dom discounts.

Some older apparel will be as well especially if it drops in chests too.

Prices go down for almost everything eventualy.
That's entirely beside the point, to be honest.

The point stands, that it's ridiculous, that there are certain items that are just impossible to get from the marketplace at all. It does not matter, that there are some available on the AH.

And especially genes rarely, if ever, go below marketplace value.
That's entirely beside the point, to be honest.

The point stands, that it's ridiculous, that there are certain items that are just impossible to get from the marketplace at all. It does not matter, that there are some available on the AH.

And especially genes rarely, if ever, go below marketplace value.
I definitely support an increase in stock quantity. I've seen the older flourish jewelry around a few times, but not the new pieces. Not to mention the wolf capes, which I've still only seen once. And yeah, I'm usually fairly casual around the marketplace, but I've sat around for a few hours of sniping practice and these items are still stocking ridiculously low.

And the AH value doesn't mean anything here. I thought the point of the marketplace was supposed to be a treasure sink, but how is it doing a good job of that if only, say, 7 desirable items pop up, get sniped, and then are resold for a 25% markup? It's just forcing casual players to generate more treasure to pay ridiculous prices for something that should be showing up more often.
I definitely support an increase in stock quantity. I've seen the older flourish jewelry around a few times, but not the new pieces. Not to mention the wolf capes, which I've still only seen once. And yeah, I'm usually fairly casual around the marketplace, but I've sat around for a few hours of sniping practice and these items are still stocking ridiculously low.

And the AH value doesn't mean anything here. I thought the point of the marketplace was supposed to be a treasure sink, but how is it doing a good job of that if only, say, 7 desirable items pop up, get sniped, and then are resold for a 25% markup? It's just forcing casual players to generate more treasure to pay ridiculous prices for something that should be showing up more often.
accessibilitysmaller.pngtumblr_inline_ngg8mvee1A1suj19d.png
Support.
Support.
QtezsCP.png
Hmm, before the NotN event we were averaging 2-3k users online at any given moment. I would support an adjust for that number rather than the bloated event numbers we're currently dealing with. Also, as an avid buyer and seller of genes: they absolutely do go for less than MP value on an average day, but always higher than than the highest discount and occasional high swings (but that is not common). Genes have been expensive these last two weeks as a result of the NotN event.

Speckle, Crackle, Gembond and Tiger are all actually currently selling for less than their MP values. As the event closes up I think we'll see prices normalize there again so hopefully everyone can get their genes for their new Nocturne babies. c:

*i used the word high a lot in this reply .-.
Hmm, before the NotN event we were averaging 2-3k users online at any given moment. I would support an adjust for that number rather than the bloated event numbers we're currently dealing with. Also, as an avid buyer and seller of genes: they absolutely do go for less than MP value on an average day, but always higher than than the highest discount and occasional high swings (but that is not common). Genes have been expensive these last two weeks as a result of the NotN event.

Speckle, Crackle, Gembond and Tiger are all actually currently selling for less than their MP values. As the event closes up I think we'll see prices normalize there again so hopefully everyone can get their genes for their new Nocturne babies. c:

iSUiwqzX231cv.gif
No support.
No support.
rotyou_zpsdd94a7ce.jpg
I think the marketplace stock quantities are alright as they are for now. The quantity doesn't seem to be a problem so much as there's such a massive pool of items that the chances of something in particular stocking at all is poor.
Knowing what time the marketplace restocks (every five minutes, :00, :05, :10 etc) helps you snag items for those who don't know when restocks happen!
I think the marketplace stock quantities are alright as they are for now. The quantity doesn't seem to be a problem so much as there's such a massive pool of items that the chances of something in particular stocking at all is poor.
Knowing what time the marketplace restocks (every five minutes, :00, :05, :10 etc) helps you snag items for those who don't know when restocks happen!
Thought I'd comment since while I don't keep an eye on every item there is, I noticed something during Plague's last dom week while reselling scrolls/apparel.

Apparel AH prices were pretty normal, as well as breed change scrolls, but many gene scrolls (and I just checked several to make sure there hasn't been too much fluctuation) were going for above their MP price. Spines I'd understand, even if it's been a while already since it came out, but freckle, tiger or eye spots? No. Or just look at underbelly - I lurked in the MP for the entire week, and the few times I happened to be there when underbelly restocked, it sold out withing a couple of seconds at max. You didn't need to be a sniper to get that gene without paying 100k extra just a few months ago.

For the curious, let's compare.
gene - MP price - lowest AH price as of now (rounded to thousands)
underbelly - 150k - 259k
eye spots - 110k - 149k
tiger - 135k - 142k
gembond - 200k - 190k
stripes - 90k - 119k
ripple - 250k - 243k
daub - 165k - 165k (one of three listed for treasure, others are 180k & 200k)
speckle - 125k - 140k
smoke - 190k - 200k

Looks pretty much like what I saw that week. Not everything is going for a markup, but this really caught my eye. Sure, I enjoyed being able to make even more profit than usual during the dom, but when of the oldest genes on the site go for a markup on AH, the MP needs some tinkering :|

I don't think anything else would need changes, at least not big ones, but after so many registration windows the current gene scroll restock quantities apparently are no longer enough.
Thought I'd comment since while I don't keep an eye on every item there is, I noticed something during Plague's last dom week while reselling scrolls/apparel.

Apparel AH prices were pretty normal, as well as breed change scrolls, but many gene scrolls (and I just checked several to make sure there hasn't been too much fluctuation) were going for above their MP price. Spines I'd understand, even if it's been a while already since it came out, but freckle, tiger or eye spots? No. Or just look at underbelly - I lurked in the MP for the entire week, and the few times I happened to be there when underbelly restocked, it sold out withing a couple of seconds at max. You didn't need to be a sniper to get that gene without paying 100k extra just a few months ago.

For the curious, let's compare.
gene - MP price - lowest AH price as of now (rounded to thousands)
underbelly - 150k - 259k
eye spots - 110k - 149k
tiger - 135k - 142k
gembond - 200k - 190k
stripes - 90k - 119k
ripple - 250k - 243k
daub - 165k - 165k (one of three listed for treasure, others are 180k & 200k)
speckle - 125k - 140k
smoke - 190k - 200k

Looks pretty much like what I saw that week. Not everything is going for a markup, but this really caught my eye. Sure, I enjoyed being able to make even more profit than usual during the dom, but when of the oldest genes on the site go for a markup on AH, the MP needs some tinkering :|

I don't think anything else would need changes, at least not big ones, but after so many registration windows the current gene scroll restock quantities apparently are no longer enough.
tumblr_pq6epzzTGf1ttpumio1_400.png
[quote name="Jad" date="2015-01-04 22:29:00"]Hmm, before the NotN event we were averaging 2-3k users online at any given moment. I would support an adjust for that number rather than the bloated event numbers we're currently dealing with. Also, as an avid buyer and seller of genes: they absolutely do go for less than MP value on an average day, but always higher than than the highest discount and occasional high swings (but that is not common). Genes have been expensive these last two weeks as a result of the NotN event. Speckle, Crackle, Gembond and Tiger are all actually currently selling for less than their MP values. As the event closes up I think we'll see prices normalize there again so hopefully everyone can get their genes for their new Nocturne babies. c: *i used the word high a lot in this reply .-.[/quote] Same feelings here. I'd like to see the stock rates fluctuate with the amount of users online. The issue that Mus pointed out above me is directly affected by the release of Nocturnes. Everyone wants to gene up their pretty new pixels, and so the snipers really got to duke it out in the MP. I'd put money on prices dropping back to normal come Ice's festival.
Jad wrote on 2015-01-04 22:29:00:

Same feelings here. I'd like to see the stock rates fluctuate with the amount of users online.

The issue that Mus pointed out above me is directly affected by the release of Nocturnes. Everyone wants to gene up their pretty new pixels, and so the snipers really got to duke it out in the MP. I'd put money on prices dropping back to normal come Ice's festival.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
1 2