Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Just curious
Does anyone care to share their digging level and the amount of chests they get on average? I've been consistently getting around 5~15 with digging level 14~16 and only gathered a single chest today at level 17... I do find this more amusing than upsetting since I Coli-grind anyways and just get me more chests, but just got curious XD
Does anyone care to share their digging level and the amount of chests they get on average? I've been consistently getting around 5~15 with digging level 14~16 and only gathered a single chest today at level 17... I do find this more amusing than upsetting since I Coli-grind anyways and just get me more chests, but just got curious XD
I gathered around average of 5-6. Today? I got no chests in Digging period. Rather un-amusing honestly.
I gathered around average of 5-6. Today? I got no chests in Digging period. Rather un-amusing honestly.
My memory's not perfect, but I think I started the event around level 12 and got about 30 chests the first few days. At level 16, I'm lucky to manage more than five.
My memory's not perfect, but I think I started the event around level 12 and got about 30 chests the first few days. At level 16, I'm lucky to manage more than five.
0iyUjhh.gif
He/his. Hoards urchins, pocket watches, and FR headcanons.
@Kcatzen Man, I am sorry to hear that... I only got amused with my case since I've already opened like 5000 chests and is more or less waiting for the event to be done with, but wouldn't wish it on others. Hopefully you'll have more luck tomorrow...

@CallanB I know, right? Same here. I just found it weird that as the level increases, it's actually harder to get the chests. What you're describing is pretty much exactly my situation word-to-word. Maybe it's not just my bad luck, then... hmmm...
@Kcatzen Man, I am sorry to hear that... I only got amused with my case since I've already opened like 5000 chests and is more or less waiting for the event to be done with, but wouldn't wish it on others. Hopefully you'll have more luck tomorrow...

@CallanB I know, right? Same here. I just found it weird that as the level increases, it's actually harder to get the chests. What you're describing is pretty much exactly my situation word-to-word. Maybe it's not just my bad luck, then... hmmm...
I haven't gotten more than 5 in a good week or so, and I'm level 25. It's not just bad luck. It's a feature. Basically, as you level in Gathering, more things are added to the pool, so there's more to choose from. This effectively means that you get less of any one item. This phenomenon is contained within each star rating, since that's chosen before the particular item is chosen, but it is a known and recognized feature. Events typically avoid this issue by having the festival items on an entirely separate loot table that roll independently after your Gathering rolls, but they didn't do that with the Strange Chests, and users can't figure out why the admins chose to do things this way.
I haven't gotten more than 5 in a good week or so, and I'm level 25. It's not just bad luck. It's a feature. Basically, as you level in Gathering, more things are added to the pool, so there's more to choose from. This effectively means that you get less of any one item. This phenomenon is contained within each star rating, since that's chosen before the particular item is chosen, but it is a known and recognized feature. Events typically avoid this issue by having the festival items on an entirely separate loot table that roll independently after your Gathering rolls, but they didn't do that with the Strange Chests, and users can't figure out why the admins chose to do things this way.
jjTXz3w.png
eh, i'd scavenge instead because the chances of getting an egg are higher. i only digged twice this event and got very few chests.
eh, i'd scavenge instead because the chances of getting an egg are higher. i only digged twice this event and got very few chests.
sig_by_boobahzone-d8cm1fz.png
@TwilightFlower Oh that makes a lot more sense, thank you for clarifying that! I did guess something along the lines that maybe higher levels did have something to do with it as a set game mechanics, but never had that confirmed. I know it's not a big deal to people who Coli-grind anyways, but I do agree that it's rather strange since not everyone wants to/has access to such an option.

@boobah I used to put half of my turns into digging and half into scavenging. Since I was really more or less looking for a scroll instead of the egg, that's why I went with full on digging... Maybe I'll try the scavenging route next year though, thanks for the tip!
@TwilightFlower Oh that makes a lot more sense, thank you for clarifying that! I did guess something along the lines that maybe higher levels did have something to do with it as a set game mechanics, but never had that confirmed. I know it's not a big deal to people who Coli-grind anyways, but I do agree that it's rather strange since not everyone wants to/has access to such an option.

@boobah I used to put half of my turns into digging and half into scavenging. Since I was really more or less looking for a scroll instead of the egg, that's why I went with full on digging... Maybe I'll try the scavenging route next year though, thanks for the tip!
I'm level 25, and I usually average about 8~9 chests
I'm level 25, and I usually average about 8~9 chests
tumblr_n9v3rplRzy1tcphd1o3_500.png
Level 25, usually 3-10. Today 0.
Level 25, usually 3-10. Today 0.
LIo8D8G.gif