Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | This event is a joke
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22 23
I've opened well over 2000 chests, and not one egg or scroll. I've got bears coming out the wazoo, but I've been scavenging every day and no eggs. Grinding coli for chests and nothing. Then people open 4 chests and get an egg, or get one on their third turn scavenging. I get that they're rare, but really?

when I do play I grind coli a lot anyway, so I'm not in a rage over the event or anything. but it is kind of disappointing. I was thinking I'd get at least one egg or scroll out of 2000 chests...
I've opened well over 2000 chests, and not one egg or scroll. I've got bears coming out the wazoo, but I've been scavenging every day and no eggs. Grinding coli for chests and nothing. Then people open 4 chests and get an egg, or get one on their third turn scavenging. I get that they're rare, but really?

when I do play I grind coli a lot anyway, so I'm not in a rage over the event or anything. but it is kind of disappointing. I was thinking I'd get at least one egg or scroll out of 2000 chests...
@madao

Yes! That right there! The Egg on their first batch of chests or even a scroll. Not fair at all and it is definitely not cool. I've seen no scrolls. It took me hundreds of chests to even find ONE Egg. Just one. These people finding several in any given day when I've found one a day or once every two day? Or these who have a ton of bears and I've found a couple here and there. I've honestly found more bears on both sides of the bear than I've found eggs.

And this deal of one item per chest? Really? That's seriously not entertaining or fair at all. One item per chest, two if you're lucky. Three if you happen to find a familiar or egg in that chest. But otherwise, most of mine have one item in them. Junk or food.
@madao

Yes! That right there! The Egg on their first batch of chests or even a scroll. Not fair at all and it is definitely not cool. I've seen no scrolls. It took me hundreds of chests to even find ONE Egg. Just one. These people finding several in any given day when I've found one a day or once every two day? Or these who have a ton of bears and I've found a couple here and there. I've honestly found more bears on both sides of the bear than I've found eggs.

And this deal of one item per chest? Really? That's seriously not entertaining or fair at all. One item per chest, two if you're lucky. Three if you happen to find a familiar or egg in that chest. But otherwise, most of mine have one item in them. Junk or food.
yeah, since a lot of us are wasting gathering turns on the event, it'd be nice if the chests had a decent amount of food in them at least
yeah, since a lot of us are wasting gathering turns on the event, it'd be nice if the chests had a decent amount of food in them at least
This event would be less awful (and I do believe this event is awful) if at least some of the following things were true:

- Some luck mitigation factor was present, such as trading in a very, very large number of trash items from the chests for an egg.

- Coliseum grinding was even slightly, remotely fun in any way. Like, things like Tidal Trouble, Shock Switch, Jigsaw, and Runestones aren't exactly game of the year, but they're at least moderately entertaining diversions. Coliseum combat is not. It's not even really a game; it's entirely mechanical, requiring zero decision-making, and incremental rewards that anybody cares about even a little are sufficiently rare that they don't really feed the brain's reward centers.

The event isn't "hard"; on the contrary, skill plays no role at all, provided you're skilled enough to click generally in a triangle. The event also isn't "fun" for many players, because it consists of a zero-fun activity (coliseum grinding), with the only additional opportunity for "fun" coming from a very improbable chance of lighting up the reward center of your brain.

I seriously hope that they consider embedding any future events that are similar to this into literally any of the other minigames the site offers (except for Higher or Lower). Tidal Trouble, Shock Switch, Jigsaw, and Runestones are all much, much better-designed and more fun than Coliseum is. Even if the overall profit was a bit lower, I'd overwhelmingly prefer to play any of the (real) Fairgrounds games to playing Coliseum. (Alternately, they could figure out a way to make Coliseum non-terrible.)

The reason that this event is so disappointing is not that Flight Rising is super duper important and it's the end of the world if someone has bad luck with it, but because it could (fairly) easily be so much better. Like, I got a quite large number of turkeys pretty quickly a month ago (I feel I got lucky that event) and made a nice profit, but that event was still pretty bad because, like the Nocturne event, it focused almost entirely on FR's worst (by far) minigame. (It wasn't nearly as bad overall because the probabilities weren't as extreme.) Events should be use to further spice up the fun activities that FR offers, not encourage even more grinding on the no-fun-but-most-profitable part. Until they figure out a way to make Coliseum not completely and utterly mindless and boring, they should stop putting the events there.
This event would be less awful (and I do believe this event is awful) if at least some of the following things were true:

- Some luck mitigation factor was present, such as trading in a very, very large number of trash items from the chests for an egg.

- Coliseum grinding was even slightly, remotely fun in any way. Like, things like Tidal Trouble, Shock Switch, Jigsaw, and Runestones aren't exactly game of the year, but they're at least moderately entertaining diversions. Coliseum combat is not. It's not even really a game; it's entirely mechanical, requiring zero decision-making, and incremental rewards that anybody cares about even a little are sufficiently rare that they don't really feed the brain's reward centers.

The event isn't "hard"; on the contrary, skill plays no role at all, provided you're skilled enough to click generally in a triangle. The event also isn't "fun" for many players, because it consists of a zero-fun activity (coliseum grinding), with the only additional opportunity for "fun" coming from a very improbable chance of lighting up the reward center of your brain.

I seriously hope that they consider embedding any future events that are similar to this into literally any of the other minigames the site offers (except for Higher or Lower). Tidal Trouble, Shock Switch, Jigsaw, and Runestones are all much, much better-designed and more fun than Coliseum is. Even if the overall profit was a bit lower, I'd overwhelmingly prefer to play any of the (real) Fairgrounds games to playing Coliseum. (Alternately, they could figure out a way to make Coliseum non-terrible.)

The reason that this event is so disappointing is not that Flight Rising is super duper important and it's the end of the world if someone has bad luck with it, but because it could (fairly) easily be so much better. Like, I got a quite large number of turkeys pretty quickly a month ago (I feel I got lucky that event) and made a nice profit, but that event was still pretty bad because, like the Nocturne event, it focused almost entirely on FR's worst (by far) minigame. (It wasn't nearly as bad overall because the probabilities weren't as extreme.) Events should be use to further spice up the fun activities that FR offers, not encourage even more grinding on the no-fun-but-most-profitable part. Until they figure out a way to make Coliseum not completely and utterly mindless and boring, they should stop putting the events there.
There's nowhere else to really factor in events with prizes though. The Coli is fun when it works right and when the site isn't overloaded with too many people because FR didn't figure in the fact that their servers cannot take it. They never can take it. They left a window open a little too long and got way too many new players. Now because of it, the whole game is suffering because no one can really play.

This event's issue is not the fact that it isn't fun, it's that there isn't enough of the eggs and items being put out into the game. Some players are getting all and others are getting NONE.
There's nowhere else to really factor in events with prizes though. The Coli is fun when it works right and when the site isn't overloaded with too many people because FR didn't figure in the fact that their servers cannot take it. They never can take it. They left a window open a little too long and got way too many new players. Now because of it, the whole game is suffering because no one can really play.

This event's issue is not the fact that it isn't fun, it's that there isn't enough of the eggs and items being put out into the game. Some players are getting all and others are getting NONE.
@Daiteach

Exactly. I was about to write something about having the fairgrounds games as part of the events, but you beat me to it!

And I think that they actually could implement something with higher or lower. It'd be like a carnival game: the more guesses you get right, the better your prize is at the end of your turns. And each time you play each day, the rarity of the items you can get decreases (wouldn't want to make it TOO easy to get the more rare items!).

You wouldn't even have to put the most rare items in the fairgrounds games either. Take this event for example: If you could win all the familiars at the fairgrounds games, I'm pretty sure I, at least, would have had a better time participating in this event.

Sure, it'd have to be a bit of a challenge to get them (get to a pretty high level in the runestone game, or play Shock Switch for a certain lengthy amount of time without losing), but at least it'd be something besides grinding the coliseum.
@Daiteach

Exactly. I was about to write something about having the fairgrounds games as part of the events, but you beat me to it!

And I think that they actually could implement something with higher or lower. It'd be like a carnival game: the more guesses you get right, the better your prize is at the end of your turns. And each time you play each day, the rarity of the items you can get decreases (wouldn't want to make it TOO easy to get the more rare items!).

You wouldn't even have to put the most rare items in the fairgrounds games either. Take this event for example: If you could win all the familiars at the fairgrounds games, I'm pretty sure I, at least, would have had a better time participating in this event.

Sure, it'd have to be a bit of a challenge to get them (get to a pretty high level in the runestone game, or play Shock Switch for a certain lengthy amount of time without losing), but at least it'd be something besides grinding the coliseum.
photofunky.gif
Didn't read all replies, but I've opened lots of chests too and got only junk (and 1 ugly bear).

I wish they would take a look at gathering though.
From what I heard, people with low gathering skills got way more chests than people with high or maxed skill :P

If it's supposed to be completely random, why have skills at all?

My 100 dragons with maxed gathering skill bring home the exact same amount of stuff as my single progen did at the beginning with zero skills.
That's the epitome of redundancy.
Didn't read all replies, but I've opened lots of chests too and got only junk (and 1 ugly bear).

I wish they would take a look at gathering though.
From what I heard, people with low gathering skills got way more chests than people with high or maxed skill :P

If it's supposed to be completely random, why have skills at all?

My 100 dragons with maxed gathering skill bring home the exact same amount of stuff as my single progen did at the beginning with zero skills.
That's the epitome of redundancy.
@Elai
I'm sorry, but there's a point where you may need to adjust your expectations. I have 2 gen 1's that I've been saving for the next new breed, and I decided a few hours into the event that it's not worth it to waste an expensive breed scroll on them when I can just find a couple of hatchlings instead. Pre-selecting dragons to gene for a new breed is a gamble that you took and it might not work out for you. It's so much easier to enjoy events based on RNG if you go into them expecting nothing, so that everything nice that you do get is a pleasant surprise. Like it or not, it's a gamble, and I honestly worry for the players who feel bitter after opening large numbers of chests and not getting a scroll, because it seems a lot like a symptom of gambling addiction to think that you deserve to hit the jackpot if you can just keep grinding.

@Autopilot
Supply and Demand. More players next year means that (theoretically) more people will be opening chests, so the proportional supply of Nocturne scrolls will be the same. Meanwhile the demand will be lower because there will be so many Nocturnes in the system at the time (and players will have had time to breed Nocturnes so that the eggs hatch on specific significant days). The cost of a Wildclaw scroll peaked around 4000 gems earlier in the year, I believe, and that was at a time when nobody knew when they would be cycling back into the gem marketplace at the sale price of 2000 gems. And I feel happy for the lucky players who did find Nocturne scrolls or other desirable items and managed to sell them for a good price to the "1 %", because maybe they'll be able to afford some of the limited game items that were previously out of reach.
@Elai
I'm sorry, but there's a point where you may need to adjust your expectations. I have 2 gen 1's that I've been saving for the next new breed, and I decided a few hours into the event that it's not worth it to waste an expensive breed scroll on them when I can just find a couple of hatchlings instead. Pre-selecting dragons to gene for a new breed is a gamble that you took and it might not work out for you. It's so much easier to enjoy events based on RNG if you go into them expecting nothing, so that everything nice that you do get is a pleasant surprise. Like it or not, it's a gamble, and I honestly worry for the players who feel bitter after opening large numbers of chests and not getting a scroll, because it seems a lot like a symptom of gambling addiction to think that you deserve to hit the jackpot if you can just keep grinding.

@Autopilot
Supply and Demand. More players next year means that (theoretically) more people will be opening chests, so the proportional supply of Nocturne scrolls will be the same. Meanwhile the demand will be lower because there will be so many Nocturnes in the system at the time (and players will have had time to breed Nocturnes so that the eggs hatch on specific significant days). The cost of a Wildclaw scroll peaked around 4000 gems earlier in the year, I believe, and that was at a time when nobody knew when they would be cycling back into the gem marketplace at the sale price of 2000 gems. And I feel happy for the lucky players who did find Nocturne scrolls or other desirable items and managed to sell them for a good price to the "1 %", because maybe they'll be able to afford some of the limited game items that were previously out of reach.
qIcJ82H.pngEmI9Jgd.png2ZYu6OU.png0mjfpw6.pngPXqYGyl.png
Some of us however, enjoy Grinding. I enjoy battling. I do think that battling needs some work and we definitely need more Venues. However, I love battling even if it is somewhat repetitive. If they could make it less boring even a little, it would be a bit more fun for others too. Make it less crashy and more interactive? Not just mechanical as some have said. Or at the very least, make the stones work like they should. Give us more Venues though.

As for Gathering, I get hardly any chests the last couple days via gathering and more in the Arena battling than in Gathering at all.
Some of us however, enjoy Grinding. I enjoy battling. I do think that battling needs some work and we definitely need more Venues. However, I love battling even if it is somewhat repetitive. If they could make it less boring even a little, it would be a bit more fun for others too. Make it less crashy and more interactive? Not just mechanical as some have said. Or at the very least, make the stones work like they should. Give us more Venues though.

As for Gathering, I get hardly any chests the last couple days via gathering and more in the Arena battling than in Gathering at all.
Just something for people who complain about complaining...

Please, learn the difference between criticism and whining! And staff shouldn't become depressed because of it, they should learn from it. Yes-this event wasn't perfect and they should face their mistakes and fix them next year. Should we pretend that everything is nice when it's obviously not?

Criticism is important thing, including negative criticism. It serves to help us make thing better. Not all people are complaining because they're malicious.

I agree that some people went far, but that's not a valid reason to scream on half of the community because they don't like the event. That doesn't make you better than "whiners".
Just something for people who complain about complaining...

Please, learn the difference between criticism and whining! And staff shouldn't become depressed because of it, they should learn from it. Yes-this event wasn't perfect and they should face their mistakes and fix them next year. Should we pretend that everything is nice when it's obviously not?

Criticism is important thing, including negative criticism. It serves to help us make thing better. Not all people are complaining because they're malicious.

I agree that some people went far, but that's not a valid reason to scream on half of the community because they don't like the event. That doesn't make you better than "whiners".
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22 23