Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne
1 2 ... 160 161 162 163 164 ... 451 452
To the mods, devs, and site owners of Flight Rising,

This event was a good idea. The new breed, the planning, the effort, and the amazing teamwork put into it was grand. Or it would have been. I'm not pointing at any one person, nor am I trying to make a fool of anyone, either. But this was poorly planned out in terms of time.

What started off as hype, and excitement has now become quite a bit of stress, disappointment, frustration, and in some cases, anxiety.

We know that the drop rates are low. I don't expect to get a dragon, but I would still like to try. I also realize that I don't know what goes on behind the scenes. Your staff is likely scrambling to get things put back together. But once more I point out how poorly executed this was. We're right on the cusp of a big winter holiday, when people are likely to be busy with last minute preparations, gatherings with friends and family alike, not to mention the stress that often follows... People want to spend the time and effort taking part in this website's event, but when it clashes with real life, and prioritizing our schedules, it really just doesn't work out.

Not to mention that we've just had another big site registration. You've probably already noticed the record-breaking numbers on today's activity levels.

All in all, I really hope this serves as a good point of reference when planning for events in the future. I've heard Shadowlings lament how this wasn't meant to be the herald for anger and frustration, it was meant to be a moment of pride for their flight.

I hope if you read this, that it strikes you as important. File it away, learn from the mistake. Today isn't the last day for this site, so let's hope our users and staff can come together to make it better for tomorrow (and tomorrow, and tomorrow).

Thanks for all your efforts, regardless.
To the mods, devs, and site owners of Flight Rising,

This event was a good idea. The new breed, the planning, the effort, and the amazing teamwork put into it was grand. Or it would have been. I'm not pointing at any one person, nor am I trying to make a fool of anyone, either. But this was poorly planned out in terms of time.

What started off as hype, and excitement has now become quite a bit of stress, disappointment, frustration, and in some cases, anxiety.

We know that the drop rates are low. I don't expect to get a dragon, but I would still like to try. I also realize that I don't know what goes on behind the scenes. Your staff is likely scrambling to get things put back together. But once more I point out how poorly executed this was. We're right on the cusp of a big winter holiday, when people are likely to be busy with last minute preparations, gatherings with friends and family alike, not to mention the stress that often follows... People want to spend the time and effort taking part in this website's event, but when it clashes with real life, and prioritizing our schedules, it really just doesn't work out.

Not to mention that we've just had another big site registration. You've probably already noticed the record-breaking numbers on today's activity levels.

All in all, I really hope this serves as a good point of reference when planning for events in the future. I've heard Shadowlings lament how this wasn't meant to be the herald for anger and frustration, it was meant to be a moment of pride for their flight.

I hope if you read this, that it strikes you as important. File it away, learn from the mistake. Today isn't the last day for this site, so let's hope our users and staff can come together to make it better for tomorrow (and tomorrow, and tomorrow).

Thanks for all your efforts, regardless.
[quote name="soulgem" date="2014-12-21 15:23:04"][quote name="Talifer" date="2014-12-21 15:21:19"]Honestly, why didn't they just put the breed scrolls up for a limited time in gem marketplace or something.[/quote][/quote]
soulgem wrote on 2014-12-21 15:23:04:
Talifer wrote on 2014-12-21 15:21:19:
Honestly, why didn't they just put the breed scrolls up for a limited time in gem marketplace or something.
These are really cool.
It'd be neat if the coliseum actually worked so people could get one.

wasm55.png
These are really cool.
It'd be neat if the coliseum actually worked so people could get one.

wasm55.png
tumblr_inline_n6kdvbu87Y1qlye38.giftumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro5_250.giftumblr_inline_n6kdvbu87Y1qlye38.gif
yay
yay
wBOpmxj.png
[quote name="Talifer" date="2014-12-21 15:35:08"]@Revenge Sadly as it is this way, it's more frustrating and annoying than actual 'hard work'. Plus during a major holiday for a lot of people? They're basically saying "Hey, you can either spend all your time grinding some unfun coli crap, or go spend time with family. Pft, who wants that!" Yeah sure, you can wait until the price drops when people begin to massively breed them, but it sort of leaves a bad taste in the mouth when it's "RNG" and it's sort of been shown time and time again by the players that the RNG is sorta crapola. I dunno, dude, after being here since July of last year and seeing them make the same mistakes over and over and over and over again despite massive input from their playerbase, it sort of starts to rankle when they ha ve DUR-HUR moments like this.[/quote] Pretty much this ^ When you've been here a while you start to realise these problems are there every time there is an event. It's tiresome.
Talifer wrote on 2014-12-21 15:35:08:
@Revenge Sadly as it is this way, it's more frustrating and annoying than actual 'hard work'. Plus during a major holiday for a lot of people? They're basically saying "Hey, you can either spend all your time grinding some unfun coli crap, or go spend time with family. Pft, who wants that!"

Yeah sure, you can wait until the price drops when people begin to massively breed them, but it sort of leaves a bad taste in the mouth when it's "RNG" and it's sort of been shown time and time again by the players that the RNG is sorta crapola.

I dunno, dude, after being here since July of last year and seeing them make the same mistakes over and over and over and over again despite massive input from their playerbase, it sort of starts to rankle when they ha
ve DUR-HUR moments like this.

Pretty much this ^

When you've been here a while you start to realise these problems are there every time there is an event. It's tiresome.
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
@Talifer I agree. It's kind of a lose-lose situation at this point in time. They have the right ideas but I don't think they use them well sometimes. I know they do a lot of work here and they have lives of their own but some of these things need a little bit more thinking over imo.
@Talifer I agree. It's kind of a lose-lose situation at this point in time. They have the right ideas but I don't think they use them well sometimes. I know they do a lot of work here and they have lives of their own but some of these things need a little bit more thinking over imo.
!!! omg yass! :O 'C'
!!! omg yass! :O 'C'
Wow, We're still here! C: /[/b] My tumblarg (+) / Ert Blerg (+) plants-vs-zombies-banner.png
whoa i found an unhatched nocturne egg...........holy Heck
whoa i found an unhatched nocturne egg...........holy Heck
coliseum is not working at all, it get frozen, this is frustrating
coliseum is not working at all, it get frozen, this is frustrating
I'm not going to lie this event is really nice, the new dragon species is beautiful, however the lag on this site is horrible. I have problems with the coliseum just like everyone else. 5,849 people online, all trying to win one of these rare specie eggs or a scroll...That is a lot of people + a lot of lag...
I'm not going to lie this event is really nice, the new dragon species is beautiful, however the lag on this site is horrible. I have problems with the coliseum just like everyone else. 5,849 people online, all trying to win one of these rare specie eggs or a scroll...That is a lot of people + a lot of lag...
1 2 ... 160 161 162 163 164 ... 451 452