Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | How did your love for dragons start?
1 2 3 4 5 6
@Janzoo
Dragonheart was the greatest movie ever when I was younger! I still love it! Sean Connery dragon <3
Now I need to go back and watch it again.
@Janzoo
Dragonheart was the greatest movie ever when I was younger! I still love it! Sean Connery dragon <3
Now I need to go back and watch it again.
@Squiddoodle Yes! Haha, that Draco is still the first one that comes to mind over Draco Malfoy. XD The ending is so bitterly beautiful. Maybe I&#039;ll watch it later too. But not the wretched, awful sequel-that-shall-not-be-named.
@Squiddoodle Yes! Haha, that Draco is still the first one that comes to mind over Draco Malfoy. XD The ending is so bitterly beautiful. Maybe I&#039;ll watch it later too. But not the wretched, awful sequel-that-shall-not-be-named.
tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gifcandle_divider_by_ladyglitch-d8pacwu.pngtumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
I grew up loving Jurassic Park and dinosaurs, but I remember seeing Sleeping Beauty and was super envious that Maleficent turns herself into a dragon! I always loved that part of the movie haha. I even got a huge plush toy of her dragon form when I went to Disneyland. Also saw snippets of Dragonheart and that also affected me. I had a Dacro toy I used to play with all the time. Plus, Heroes of Might and Magic 3, I would build armies of dragons, muahaha.

I also used to collect dragon figurines! I gave most of them away but I still have a few in my possession, they&#039;re really cool to look at and someday I want to sculpt my own! ^_^
I grew up loving Jurassic Park and dinosaurs, but I remember seeing Sleeping Beauty and was super envious that Maleficent turns herself into a dragon! I always loved that part of the movie haha. I even got a huge plush toy of her dragon form when I went to Disneyland. Also saw snippets of Dragonheart and that also affected me. I had a Dacro toy I used to play with all the time. Plus, Heroes of Might and Magic 3, I would build armies of dragons, muahaha.

I also used to collect dragon figurines! I gave most of them away but I still have a few in my possession, they&#039;re really cool to look at and someday I want to sculpt my own! ^_^
one word:

TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOOR

(wonders how many ppl will get the reference)

But it probably started from the card game, Magic the Gathering, (or WoW) but i always loved my dragon cards the most, cuz they were so awesome, and then i decided to make a deck around them. now im practically unbeatable (not professionally, but with my personal friends). and then it took off from there
one word:

TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOOR

(wonders how many ppl will get the reference)

But it probably started from the card game, Magic the Gathering, (or WoW) but i always loved my dragon cards the most, cuz they were so awesome, and then i decided to make a deck around them. now im practically unbeatable (not professionally, but with my personal friends). and then it took off from there
tumblr_inline_mpprmsAp0K1qz4rgp.png
It began on the World of Warcraft forums >.>

*Cower* Let me finish!

People were listing games that had a subscription-type deal still going, and so I noticed that one of the posts mentioned a game called Istaria where one could play as a dragon character. It started there, and a year (my first character on there turned 1 year old a couple weeks ago >:D) later I&#039;m still playing that game on my dragon.

And a friend from that game introduced me to Flight Rising.
It began on the World of Warcraft forums >.>

*Cower* Let me finish!

People were listing games that had a subscription-type deal still going, and so I noticed that one of the posts mentioned a game called Istaria where one could play as a dragon character. It started there, and a year (my first character on there turned 1 year old a couple weeks ago >:D) later I&#039;m still playing that game on my dragon.

And a friend from that game introduced me to Flight Rising.
Lifelong fantasy/dinosaur fan. Started with movies like The Land Before Time and The Last Unicorn. I was the perfect age when Jurassic Park came out, still one of my favorite movies to watch (saw it in 3D earlier this year, magnificent). A couple of years after that Dragonheart came out and...been hooked on dragons ever since.

They&#039;re still my favorite fantasy animal but I don&#039;t seek them out quite as rabidly as when I was younger. I always appreciate them in a good story though.
Lifelong fantasy/dinosaur fan. Started with movies like The Land Before Time and The Last Unicorn. I was the perfect age when Jurassic Park came out, still one of my favorite movies to watch (saw it in 3D earlier this year, magnificent). A couple of years after that Dragonheart came out and...been hooked on dragons ever since.

They&#039;re still my favorite fantasy animal but I don&#039;t seek them out quite as rabidly as when I was younger. I always appreciate them in a good story though.
Probably a mix of Dragonheart and Spyro c: And those weird pink things from Golden Axe.
Don&#039;t really know, giant fire-breathing flying monsters are just all sorts of awesome.
Probably a mix of Dragonheart and Spyro c: And those weird pink things from Golden Axe.
Don&#039;t really know, giant fire-breathing flying monsters are just all sorts of awesome.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
I can&#039;t remember but I know I loved them since I first saw them. I think mine also has to do with my love of dinosaurs. I used to doodle them all the time as a kid. :)
I can&#039;t remember but I know I loved them since I first saw them. I think mine also has to do with my love of dinosaurs. I used to doodle them all the time as a kid. :)
Ping me if replying to me. I forget easily...

Central Time Zone (+2 FR Time)
OBULKax.png
Since I was very young I drew fantasy creatures and pretended to be them, and I especially loved to be flying dragons. My interest came from a whole bunch of places.. the fact that we had/have a large front and backyard to pretend to be a wild animal in, a PS Final Fantasy game my dad played, and all those old animal kid shows like Peter Rabbit, Animals of Farthing Wood, 101 Dalmatians, Land Before Time, etc. that my grandma collected the videos of. If it didn&#039;t have animals or anthropomorphic characters, then it didn&#039;t interest me so I never watched anything else. I did play Spyro but it bugged me back then he never grew up to be a &#039;real&#039; flying dragon, I&#039;d always roleplay that aspect myself somehow.

Another influence might&#039;ve been yowie toys grandma would buy for my sister and I every weekened we went over her house to stay. They were chocolate monsters with an egg inside that had a little animal in pieces. It had a slip of what the animal was and how to put it together. It was probably the highlight of my life when I was a little kid.
Since I was very young I drew fantasy creatures and pretended to be them, and I especially loved to be flying dragons. My interest came from a whole bunch of places.. the fact that we had/have a large front and backyard to pretend to be a wild animal in, a PS Final Fantasy game my dad played, and all those old animal kid shows like Peter Rabbit, Animals of Farthing Wood, 101 Dalmatians, Land Before Time, etc. that my grandma collected the videos of. If it didn&#039;t have animals or anthropomorphic characters, then it didn&#039;t interest me so I never watched anything else. I did play Spyro but it bugged me back then he never grew up to be a &#039;real&#039; flying dragon, I&#039;d always roleplay that aspect myself somehow.

Another influence might&#039;ve been yowie toys grandma would buy for my sister and I every weekened we went over her house to stay. They were chocolate monsters with an egg inside that had a little animal in pieces. It had a slip of what the animal was and how to put it together. It was probably the highlight of my life when I was a little kid.
I literally have no idea where I got my love for dragons. I always wanted a black lego dragon - I had a green one, but black was more, you know, ****** and all that - for xmas when I was a kid.

I also used to play make-believe dinosaur/jurassic park games with some friends in the forest, back in the time when there probably were no computers in my home.

I think The Neverending Story might have been part of why, as well as the Narnia books.
I literally have no idea where I got my love for dragons. I always wanted a black lego dragon - I had a green one, but black was more, you know, ****** and all that - for xmas when I was a kid.

I also used to play make-believe dinosaur/jurassic park games with some friends in the forest, back in the time when there probably were no computers in my home.

I think The Neverending Story might have been part of why, as well as the Narnia books.
1 2 3 4 5 6