Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Atrum Hollow (Private)
1 2
Musette - [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/69125/6912401_350.png?mtime=VHRdiwAB7kE.png[/img] Nimrook - [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/69125/6912402_350.png?mtime=VHScNgABnR4.png[/img] Khelvara - [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/69135/6913446_350.png?mtime=VHRdwgAC6I4.png[/img] Nimrook and Khelvara were walking through the Driftwood Drag with Musette flying next to them. They were very close to getting back to their lair when Khelvara stopped, her face confused. "Did you guys hear that? It sounds like something crying" Nimrook rolled his eyes. "We are in the Tangled Wood you idiot of course something's crying, no don't go over...there" He said despairingly as she disappeared into the woods where the sound was coming from, her curiosity getting the better of her. He turned to his mate. "Should we go after her?" "No," Musette replied. "She can handle herself. If it's something that wants to kill her, then this can be a lesson." With that, they returned to the Atrum Hollow, the tree they had made their lair. About half an hour after they had arrived back at the giant tree, they heard Khelvara return. "GUYS! MUSETTE CAN YOU COME OUT HERE PLEASSEEEE!!!" Nimrook groaned, "It didn't kill her...damn" But he followed Musette and Aramyss out from the top of the tree anyway to see Khelvara flying up to meet them...with a hatchling in her arms.
Musette - 6912401_350.png?mtime=VHRdiwAB7kE.png
Nimrook - 6912402_350.png?mtime=VHScNgABnR4.png
Khelvara - 6913446_350.png?mtime=VHRdwgAC6I4.png

Nimrook and Khelvara were walking through the Driftwood Drag with Musette flying next to them. They were very close to getting back to their lair when Khelvara stopped, her face confused.
"Did you guys hear that? It sounds like something crying" Nimrook rolled his eyes.
"We are in the Tangled Wood you idiot of course something's crying, no don't go over...there" He said despairingly as she disappeared into the woods where the sound was coming from, her curiosity getting the better of her. He turned to his mate. "Should we go after her?"
"No," Musette replied. "She can handle herself. If it's something that wants to kill her, then this can be a lesson." With that, they returned to the Atrum Hollow, the tree they had made their lair.

About half an hour after they had arrived back at the giant tree, they heard Khelvara return.
"GUYS! MUSETTE CAN YOU COME OUT HERE PLEASSEEEE!!!"
Nimrook groaned, "It didn't kill her...damn" But he followed Musette and Aramyss out from the top of the tree anyway to see Khelvara flying up to meet them...with a hatchling in her arms.
tumblr_n7samaE1iy1sl6hkto1_500.gif
Corax - [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=7&wing=16&style=10&gender=1&ages=0&prig=2&secg=1&tert=54&elem=7&tertgene=0&spec=prev.png[/img] The hatchling was a Wildclaw girl, who must have been abandoned for some reason by her clan, and Khelvara wanted to keep it. "Please oh please Musette can we keep her shes so cute and I don't want her to be left to fend for herself we have the room pleasseeeeeeeseee" Khelvara babbled, Musette put one of her tiny claws to Khelvara's beak. "Shut up. But yes, she can stay." "YAAAAY...I mean, thank you, can I name her?" Musette tried not to laugh "Of course, you found her." "hmmmmmm....I think Corax sounds pretty cool! Yeah I'm gonna call her Corax!" @MadamWinter
Corax - dragonpic2.php?body=7&wing=16&style=10&gender=1&ages=0&prig=2&secg=1&tert=54&elem=7&tertgene=0&spec=prev.png

The hatchling was a Wildclaw girl, who must have been abandoned for some reason by her clan, and Khelvara wanted to keep it.
"Please oh please Musette can we keep her shes so cute and I don't want her to be left to fend for herself we have the room pleasseeeeeeeseee" Khelvara babbled, Musette put one of her tiny claws to Khelvara's beak.
"Shut up. But yes, she can stay."
"YAAAAY...I mean, thank you, can I name her?" Musette tried not to laugh
"Of course, you found her."
"hmmmmmm....I think Corax sounds pretty cool! Yeah I'm gonna call her Corax!"

@MadamWinter
The tiny hatchling gave a soft crowing noise, gurgling deep in it's throat. The shrivelled wings clung to it's scaly body, not yet unfurled, as fragile and delicate as ancient parchments. Musette blinked at the creature, bewildered by it. It was unlike any hatchling she had seen before. Frail forearms clawed the air desperate to cling to something solid, groping around blindly. Powerful backlegs had tucked themselves tightly under the belly, claws in tight fists. It was quite a hideous thing to look at but what intrigued Musette were the six horns sprouting from the Hatchlings head, curving backwards elegantly giving the usually chubby head of a hatchling a slender appearance.
"It's newly hatched... look skin is still sticking to the wings." Khelvara cradled the baby in her arms, nuzzling its snout with maternal tenderness. The hatchling trembled at the touch but reached weakly up to her, eyes still shut against the outside world.
The tiny hatchling gave a soft crowing noise, gurgling deep in it's throat. The shrivelled wings clung to it's scaly body, not yet unfurled, as fragile and delicate as ancient parchments. Musette blinked at the creature, bewildered by it. It was unlike any hatchling she had seen before. Frail forearms clawed the air desperate to cling to something solid, groping around blindly. Powerful backlegs had tucked themselves tightly under the belly, claws in tight fists. It was quite a hideous thing to look at but what intrigued Musette were the six horns sprouting from the Hatchlings head, curving backwards elegantly giving the usually chubby head of a hatchling a slender appearance.
"It's newly hatched... look skin is still sticking to the wings." Khelvara cradled the baby in her arms, nuzzling its snout with maternal tenderness. The hatchling trembled at the touch but reached weakly up to her, eyes still shut against the outside world.
Musette turned sternly to Khelvara.
"Any thoughts you have about bringing this hatchling up are out of the question. You have a nest of your own that is going hatch any day now, you will let Nimrook and I deal with her."
"But you just said that I could name her...I found her." Khelvara looked deflated.
"Yes. I said you could name her, not become a surrogate mother. She will the charge of the whole clan, but you have your own family to worry about. Do not abandon your own children, like her mother did to her." Musette knew that was a low blow, but she also knew she had made her point clear.
Khelvara knew she couldn't argue with the matriarch, so she lowered the hatchling into the lair and went to find Kaydras.

@MadamWinter
Musette turned sternly to Khelvara.
"Any thoughts you have about bringing this hatchling up are out of the question. You have a nest of your own that is going hatch any day now, you will let Nimrook and I deal with her."
"But you just said that I could name her...I found her." Khelvara looked deflated.
"Yes. I said you could name her, not become a surrogate mother. She will the charge of the whole clan, but you have your own family to worry about. Do not abandon your own children, like her mother did to her." Musette knew that was a low blow, but she also knew she had made her point clear.
Khelvara knew she couldn't argue with the matriarch, so she lowered the hatchling into the lair and went to find Kaydras.

@MadamWinter
The hatchling wailed pathetically at the sudden loss of warm contact, falling to the ground with a soft thud. She didn't start crying again but huddled into a corner desperate for heat. Musette flitted over to her, pondering on the reason for abandonment. It was a cruel act in any lair she had heard of to abandon a hatchling fresh from the nest. Eggs that had not hatched or were still born, were common and understandable but a helpless hatchling that had carefully been incubated over weeks... it was bordering on immoral. Maybe a rejected mate had stolen the hatchling and dumped her in the middle of the forests to die an unpleasant death at the beast clans hand. But then a rejected lover could have easily left the lair to find their own mate and begin another family far away.
Musette traced the lines of the hatchling's horns curiously.
"Well... Little Corax. It seems that you are here to stay... what ever you are."

@waywardCarousel
The hatchling wailed pathetically at the sudden loss of warm contact, falling to the ground with a soft thud. She didn't start crying again but huddled into a corner desperate for heat. Musette flitted over to her, pondering on the reason for abandonment. It was a cruel act in any lair she had heard of to abandon a hatchling fresh from the nest. Eggs that had not hatched or were still born, were common and understandable but a helpless hatchling that had carefully been incubated over weeks... it was bordering on immoral. Maybe a rejected mate had stolen the hatchling and dumped her in the middle of the forests to die an unpleasant death at the beast clans hand. But then a rejected lover could have easily left the lair to find their own mate and begin another family far away.
Musette traced the lines of the hatchling's horns curiously.
"Well... Little Corax. It seems that you are here to stay... what ever you are."

@waywardCarousel
Terashi - [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/70550/7054979_350.png?mtime=VHR1aAAB6J0.png[/img] Ahlrae - [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/75793/7579276_350.png?mtime=VHR1TAABxYA.png[/img] ( Few years later, Corax is just old enough to go hunting and learn magic/fighting) Terashi turned to her friend Ahlrae as they were flying just above the stream near their lair. "Can you believe mother is going to take that idiot Corax out hunting [i]herself[/i]? Why doesn't she just let father and khelvara do it? Ughh Corax always thinks herself [i]soooo[/i] special, why can't she just realise the whole world doesn't revolve around her, and my mother, the [i]matriarch[/i] of this clan, has better things to do than take [i]her[/i] out hunting!" "Yeah, she's so annoying, I can't stand it when she just stares at people and never says anything, like she could at least [i]try[/i] to get involved in the clan? I'm sorry, but she doesn't really [i]do[/i] anything for the clan. She doesn't belong here." Ahlrae replied. They carried on gossiping about their clan until they got home. As they flew up to the top of the giant tree, Musette, Nimrook and Corax flew out of on of the golden amber sap pods that were on the tree and they stopped just in front of the young faes. "We will be gone for a few hours. Terashi, you are in charge, try not to annoy to many people. Ahlrae, your mother want's me to remind you you have music lessons now, and not to be late." "Yes mother" "Yes Musette" As she watched the three of them fly off into the forest, Terashi was about to start complaing again, but when she turned around, she realised Ahlrae had already dissapeared into the lair. @MadamWinter
Terashi - 7054979_350.png?mtime=VHR1aAAB6J0.png
Ahlrae - 7579276_350.png?mtime=VHR1TAABxYA.png

( Few years later, Corax is just old enough to go hunting and learn magic/fighting)
Terashi turned to her friend Ahlrae as they were flying just above the stream near their lair. "Can you believe mother is going to take that idiot Corax out hunting herself? Why doesn't she just let father and khelvara do it? Ughh Corax always thinks herself soooo special, why can't she just realise the whole world doesn't revolve around her, and my mother, the matriarch of this clan, has better things to do than take her out hunting!"
"Yeah, she's so annoying, I can't stand it when she just stares at people and never says anything, like she could at least try to get involved in the clan? I'm sorry, but she doesn't really do anything for the clan. She doesn't belong here." Ahlrae replied. They carried on gossiping about their clan until they got home. As they flew up to the top of the giant tree, Musette, Nimrook and Corax flew out of on of the golden amber sap pods that were on the tree and they stopped just in front of the young faes.
"We will be gone for a few hours. Terashi, you are in charge, try not to annoy to many people. Ahlrae, your mother want's me to remind you you have music lessons now, and not to be late."
"Yes mother"
"Yes Musette"

As she watched the three of them fly off into the forest, Terashi was about to start complaing again, but when she turned around, she realised Ahlrae had already dissapeared into the lair.

@MadamWinter
Corax soared through the air, her slender body slicing the wind like a razor. Her powerful back legs were clenched tightly under her belly streamlining her form. Musette sailed after her quietly marvelling at her adopted daughter's physical prowess and the elegant line she created as Corax dodged the tangled brambles. Nimrook shadowed Corax keeping just out of sight in the oily shadows. They had come to an understanding, Nimrook had a lot in common with Corax; both stubborn broody loners that hated to be bothered by the trivialities that most dragons involved themselves in. Corax had not proven popular among the rest of the lair. Terashi grew steadily more irritable when she and corax came into contact; both had a clash of personality, there was no harmony that could be found between them and Terashi couldn't pierce Corax's mind like she could others.
Musette dived through a tunnel of thorns, pulling her delicate wings in tight. A flash of movement caught her eye and her limbs moved with lightning speeds. Needle claws pierced soft warm flesh. Musette grinned as her fangs bit down into the neck of terrifed creature mewling in pain. Flesh for her children. She tore the delicate spinal cord from the back killing the animal instantly. The weight pulled at her but it was a fat kill and would be a pleasure to fly back.

@waywardCarousel
Corax soared through the air, her slender body slicing the wind like a razor. Her powerful back legs were clenched tightly under her belly streamlining her form. Musette sailed after her quietly marvelling at her adopted daughter's physical prowess and the elegant line she created as Corax dodged the tangled brambles. Nimrook shadowed Corax keeping just out of sight in the oily shadows. They had come to an understanding, Nimrook had a lot in common with Corax; both stubborn broody loners that hated to be bothered by the trivialities that most dragons involved themselves in. Corax had not proven popular among the rest of the lair. Terashi grew steadily more irritable when she and corax came into contact; both had a clash of personality, there was no harmony that could be found between them and Terashi couldn't pierce Corax's mind like she could others.
Musette dived through a tunnel of thorns, pulling her delicate wings in tight. A flash of movement caught her eye and her limbs moved with lightning speeds. Needle claws pierced soft warm flesh. Musette grinned as her fangs bit down into the neck of terrifed creature mewling in pain. Flesh for her children. She tore the delicate spinal cord from the back killing the animal instantly. The weight pulled at her but it was a fat kill and would be a pleasure to fly back.

@waywardCarousel
Corax watched for a bit as her adoptive parents went about, catching the prey. She noticed it was largely insects they were catching, with only the occasional bigger animal. This made sense, as the majority of the clan was less than three metres tall. She started to copy what the other two where doing, clumsy at first, but soon getting the hang of it, she started to have more fun than she'd had in weeks. She swooped, dived, caught creature after creature in her mouth, claws and tail.

Musette watched Corax hunt. She needed no instructions. She was a natural. Musette knew this was likely to happen. Kaydras, the clan's scholar and librarian, had informed her not long after they found Corax that she was a Wildclaw dragon, and that they were a species whose whole society revolves around their physical ability to fight. Musette was not happy about that news. She was hoping to teach magic to her new daughter.

"Corax, come over for a second." She called, and Corax trotted over to her, a rare smile on her face.
"Yes Musette?"
"I can see that you are talented in hunting, using physical techniques anyway. I want to know what your thoughts are on learning how to fight using magic?" Musette guessed that she already knew what Corax's answer would be, but she needed to know for sure.

@MadamWinter
Corax watched for a bit as her adoptive parents went about, catching the prey. She noticed it was largely insects they were catching, with only the occasional bigger animal. This made sense, as the majority of the clan was less than three metres tall. She started to copy what the other two where doing, clumsy at first, but soon getting the hang of it, she started to have more fun than she'd had in weeks. She swooped, dived, caught creature after creature in her mouth, claws and tail.

Musette watched Corax hunt. She needed no instructions. She was a natural. Musette knew this was likely to happen. Kaydras, the clan's scholar and librarian, had informed her not long after they found Corax that she was a Wildclaw dragon, and that they were a species whose whole society revolves around their physical ability to fight. Musette was not happy about that news. She was hoping to teach magic to her new daughter.

"Corax, come over for a second." She called, and Corax trotted over to her, a rare smile on her face.
"Yes Musette?"
"I can see that you are talented in hunting, using physical techniques anyway. I want to know what your thoughts are on learning how to fight using magic?" Musette guessed that she already knew what Corax's answer would be, but she needed to know for sure.

@MadamWinter
"Magic... I.. haven't given it much thought." Corax's soft breathy voice tumbled like vague shadows from her. It was all Musette needed to hear. Corax was not interested in magic, it probably had never even occured to her to ask for the much needed lessons that she would take if the Craft had been her calling. Musette scowled to herself. The realisation had come to her that she had been looking forward to teaching Corax her knowledge and using her natural prowess to her clan's benefit. That was clearly no longer an option nor would it strengthen Corax's popularity among the lair.
She corkscrewed down snatching a shadow bat in her snout with ease. Corax glided after Musette glancing curiously at her but saying nothing. She silently weaved from shadow to shadow watching the tender form of a slightly larger prey, a mist roe. Nimrook landed on a thick branch watching Corax's focused movements. Musette landed beside him tearing off the head of her kill.
"She's not interested. That damn Girl isn't interested at all in Magic."
"Did you expect her to be?"
"Yes. I did. She was born in the wake of Shadowbinder's Dominance... All the best casters have been born during the dominance. I was." Musette bristled with the irritation that her monotone voice masked. Nimrook nuzzled her back comfortingly.
"Wildclaws casters develop later than most Musette... keep that in mind. there is still hope for her if magic is Corax's talent."
"No... She hasn't a spark in her. I can see it."
Corax dove with killer speed, locking her jaws around the slender neck of the roe. Life bled from the creature's body as corax snapped it's neck. Nimrook was impressed, she had been watching.
"At least she will hunt. She's good for something at least especially with our group clan."

@waywardCarousel
"Magic... I.. haven't given it much thought." Corax's soft breathy voice tumbled like vague shadows from her. It was all Musette needed to hear. Corax was not interested in magic, it probably had never even occured to her to ask for the much needed lessons that she would take if the Craft had been her calling. Musette scowled to herself. The realisation had come to her that she had been looking forward to teaching Corax her knowledge and using her natural prowess to her clan's benefit. That was clearly no longer an option nor would it strengthen Corax's popularity among the lair.
She corkscrewed down snatching a shadow bat in her snout with ease. Corax glided after Musette glancing curiously at her but saying nothing. She silently weaved from shadow to shadow watching the tender form of a slightly larger prey, a mist roe. Nimrook landed on a thick branch watching Corax's focused movements. Musette landed beside him tearing off the head of her kill.
"She's not interested. That damn Girl isn't interested at all in Magic."
"Did you expect her to be?"
"Yes. I did. She was born in the wake of Shadowbinder's Dominance... All the best casters have been born during the dominance. I was." Musette bristled with the irritation that her monotone voice masked. Nimrook nuzzled her back comfortingly.
"Wildclaws casters develop later than most Musette... keep that in mind. there is still hope for her if magic is Corax's talent."
"No... She hasn't a spark in her. I can see it."
Corax dove with killer speed, locking her jaws around the slender neck of the roe. Life bled from the creature's body as corax snapped it's neck. Nimrook was impressed, she had been watching.
"At least she will hunt. She's good for something at least especially with our group clan."

@waywardCarousel
As the three of them flew back to the Hollow, Musette was thinking hard about what to do with her adopted daughter. As the approached the lair, she said,
"Corax, you go on ahead inside, I need to talk to Nimrook. Go find Terashi, tell her to come outside in a few minutes."
"Yes Musette." Corax replied and she flew up into the high entrance to the hollowed out part of the lair. Musette turned to her mate.
"She cannot stay. Of that I am certain." Nimrook rolled his eyes.
"Why not? Because she doesn't have an affinity for magic? I don't either, and neither does Talogrim, yet you aren't kicking us out."
"It's not just about that and you know it. First of all, both you and Talogrim serve important purposes in the lair, you are both skilled hunters, you are my mate, and he is the mate and protector of my daughter and heir. What is Corax, other than an amateur hunter? Secondly, you and Talogrim both get along with most other members of the clan, whereas she...doesn't. I have never seen her talking casually with anyone, or helping anyone, or just generally being a part of this clan." Musette's crest was shivering slightly, a sign that she was stressed and agitated. Nimrook could tell that despite her very grim tone, she was very torn about what to do, and really didn't want Corax to leave.
"Ok, I understand where you are coming from, but I think we should just wait a bit, you never know, something might happen or come up that will give us an answer, maybe if you seek help from the Shadowbinder, she might give you a solution?"
"You're right, I should pray over this first, before making any rash decisions," Musette decided. "Fine, you can train her with the others for now, but we must make a decision soon." Nimrook nodded, and with that, they flew up to their roost that was spun onto the side of the Hollow.

@MadamWinter
As the three of them flew back to the Hollow, Musette was thinking hard about what to do with her adopted daughter. As the approached the lair, she said,
"Corax, you go on ahead inside, I need to talk to Nimrook. Go find Terashi, tell her to come outside in a few minutes."
"Yes Musette." Corax replied and she flew up into the high entrance to the hollowed out part of the lair. Musette turned to her mate.
"She cannot stay. Of that I am certain." Nimrook rolled his eyes.
"Why not? Because she doesn't have an affinity for magic? I don't either, and neither does Talogrim, yet you aren't kicking us out."
"It's not just about that and you know it. First of all, both you and Talogrim serve important purposes in the lair, you are both skilled hunters, you are my mate, and he is the mate and protector of my daughter and heir. What is Corax, other than an amateur hunter? Secondly, you and Talogrim both get along with most other members of the clan, whereas she...doesn't. I have never seen her talking casually with anyone, or helping anyone, or just generally being a part of this clan." Musette's crest was shivering slightly, a sign that she was stressed and agitated. Nimrook could tell that despite her very grim tone, she was very torn about what to do, and really didn't want Corax to leave.
"Ok, I understand where you are coming from, but I think we should just wait a bit, you never know, something might happen or come up that will give us an answer, maybe if you seek help from the Shadowbinder, she might give you a solution?"
"You're right, I should pray over this first, before making any rash decisions," Musette decided. "Fine, you can train her with the others for now, but we must make a decision soon." Nimrook nodded, and with that, they flew up to their roost that was spun onto the side of the Hollow.

@MadamWinter
1 2