Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Rockbreaker's Ceremony 2014
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Yesss.
I love the beat familiar! ;o;
The accents are pretty cool too. Congrats to the winners!
Yesss.
I love the beat familiar! ;o;
The accents are pretty cool too. Congrats to the winners!
tumblr_inline_njny437T5Q1sztcmx.png
@Maelice: It probably is hard to tell the artists "no you cannot make a skin for your favorite breed" and setting up rules that favor a breed might hurt the motivation of some artists to produce skins/accents for their favorite breeds and discourage them to produce anything at all.
IDK it's hard. (And might also be a feeling for each individual. I couldn't stop complaining about the lack of mirror accents - I checked the festivals again and mirrors got two, actually. One during the fire and one during lightning festival. Same for spirals - which I keep complaining about as well. (They also got an arcane skin with eyes which was nice.))
The only thing that REALLY should be officially avoided is reusing the same skin/accent idea several times. Female ridgebacks now got THREE accents covering the same areas with a similar idea. Aka "let's add light and/or light borders to the wings"
Just as male Skydancers got two light/fire feather accents (They are different from each other, but imo another breed or at least the other gender could have had a better use for this)

Maybe the admins could at least link back to the old festivals and mention that similar accents/skins would be preferred on other breeds, rather than the same again?
(I love female ridgebacks but why three times light-on-wings. C'MON)

PS: Good to know I'm not the only one having that incomplete-message issue! keep checking the private messages you sent! I had some cutting off big parts of what I've written!
@Maelice: It probably is hard to tell the artists "no you cannot make a skin for your favorite breed" and setting up rules that favor a breed might hurt the motivation of some artists to produce skins/accents for their favorite breeds and discourage them to produce anything at all.
IDK it's hard. (And might also be a feeling for each individual. I couldn't stop complaining about the lack of mirror accents - I checked the festivals again and mirrors got two, actually. One during the fire and one during lightning festival. Same for spirals - which I keep complaining about as well. (They also got an arcane skin with eyes which was nice.))
The only thing that REALLY should be officially avoided is reusing the same skin/accent idea several times. Female ridgebacks now got THREE accents covering the same areas with a similar idea. Aka "let's add light and/or light borders to the wings"
Just as male Skydancers got two light/fire feather accents (They are different from each other, but imo another breed or at least the other gender could have had a better use for this)

Maybe the admins could at least link back to the old festivals and mention that similar accents/skins would be preferred on other breeds, rather than the same again?
(I love female ridgebacks but why three times light-on-wings. C'MON)

PS: Good to know I'm not the only one having that incomplete-message issue! keep checking the private messages you sent! I had some cutting off big parts of what I've written!
@Yarek I understand, yeah... I'm in no position to suggest anything. I just briefly thought - what if each breed had it's own... thread, so people could easily see which breed is neglected, and which already crowded with good submissions? To force people to draw for the breed they don't want would be stupid, but if there would be a way to see that one of the breeds is neglected, it could encourage people maybe? Idk. I think it's too much work and people will still be disappointed one way or the other. Which is a shame, really.

Oh well. We'll live and see :U (really wonder what's up with this message eating, hm)
@Yarek I understand, yeah... I'm in no position to suggest anything. I just briefly thought - what if each breed had it's own... thread, so people could easily see which breed is neglected, and which already crowded with good submissions? To force people to draw for the breed they don't want would be stupid, but if there would be a way to see that one of the breeds is neglected, it could encourage people maybe? Idk. I think it's too much work and people will still be disappointed one way or the other. Which is a shame, really.

Oh well. We'll live and see :U (really wonder what's up with this message eating, hm)
Is it just me or are the geodes barely showing up in gathering???
Is it just me or are the geodes barely showing up in gathering???
The skins look sweet!
The skins look sweet!
I want to believe.
I love the new skins!
I love the new skins!
1272c7c0f48915994e6d3abff9c6a6b93fc752c0.gif 504a43655b934c4acf75a76ab050952adf36261f.gif
Seriously?? No Snapper accents or skins, even though they're native to Dragonhome???

:/ The skins and accents chosen look superb, don't get me wrong...but uh. Kind of dropped the ball here.
Seriously?? No Snapper accents or skins, even though they're native to Dragonhome???

:/ The skins and accents chosen look superb, don't get me wrong...but uh. Kind of dropped the ball here.
@AvianLance I noticed that too. I've been focusing on the Arena because it has three frequent neutrals along with an earth longneck or Woodland Path for the autumn dryads and owls. Finding dropped skins has been my ordeal.
@AvianLance I noticed that too. I've been focusing on the Arena because it has three frequent neutrals along with an earth longneck or Woodland Path for the autumn dryads and owls. Finding dropped skins has been my ordeal.
I don't know what's happening, but suddenly I can't access the www.flightrising.com site on Firefox. www1.flightrising.com goes through fine... and I can access both on Google Chrome. Has something been changed?

And why oh why are there still two different sites handling this game? It's getting really old, especially since I can't save passwords on the www1.flightrising.com site, so every time we log in (we are a few in the household who play, on the same comp) we have to type in the password all over again. When will this be fixed?

Other than that, which is constantly bothering and spoiling the pleasure of playing the game, the skins are so so (apart from the Banded Jasper which is beautiful), nothing truly amazing this time sadly (and no snapper skin? I'd thought there would be a skin for the native breed of dragon of the Earth flight.... And I'd also hoped for something along the same lines of the other flights with regards to apparel... a companion steampunk dragon -> a companion comet -> a companion rot claw -> ... boots?

The bear is adorable though, so that's something.

Oh well, at least it's not my flight and I can gift most of the Geodes to friends.
I don't know what's happening, but suddenly I can't access the www.flightrising.com site on Firefox. www1.flightrising.com goes through fine... and I can access both on Google Chrome. Has something been changed?

And why oh why are there still two different sites handling this game? It's getting really old, especially since I can't save passwords on the www1.flightrising.com site, so every time we log in (we are a few in the household who play, on the same comp) we have to type in the password all over again. When will this be fixed?

Other than that, which is constantly bothering and spoiling the pleasure of playing the game, the skins are so so (apart from the Banded Jasper which is beautiful), nothing truly amazing this time sadly (and no snapper skin? I'd thought there would be a skin for the native breed of dragon of the Earth flight.... And I'd also hoped for something along the same lines of the other flights with regards to apparel... a companion steampunk dragon -> a companion comet -> a companion rot claw -> ... boots?

The bear is adorable though, so that's something.

Oh well, at least it's not my flight and I can gift most of the Geodes to friends.
I'm in Denmark at GMT+1 - so please be patient if you're far from my timezone and message me.

[url=][/url]
@AvianLance @MoonCypher I have that problem too, one of my friends actually asks her bf for help since he really doesn't care for the holiday stuff as much. I'd just buy geodes, but alas I'm saving money as best as possible, and the Coliseum is either slow or glitchy for me every time. I think the drop rate should be increased
@AvianLance @MoonCypher I have that problem too, one of my friends actually asks her bf for help since he really doesn't care for the holiday stuff as much. I'd just buy geodes, but alas I'm saving money as best as possible, and the Coliseum is either slow or glitchy for me every time. I think the drop rate should be increased
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33