Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dropdown List: Even Out Food Stores
1 2 3 4 5 6
Support x1000

I have a ton of food just sitting, because all of my omnivores want to eat the insects meant for all my fae dragons.
Support x1000

I have a ton of food just sitting, because all of my omnivores want to eat the insects meant for all my fae dragons.
I probably wouldn't use it because I'm lazy and have a surplus of food, but this would be helpful for people so support. I'd prefer a drop down of sorts so that it isn't too cluttered though.
I probably wouldn't use it because I'm lazy and have a surplus of food, but this would be helpful for people so support. I'd prefer a drop down of sorts so that it isn't too cluttered though.
“blaireau’s
[quote name="@blaireau" date="2014-11-25 18:50:32"]I probably wouldn't use it because I'm lazy and have a surplus of food, but this would be helpful for people so support. I'd prefer a drop down of sorts so that it isn't too cluttered though.[/quote] Understood. That's why I think the "feed all" should be the first on the drop down list, that way it doesn't inconvenience people who just want to click the one button. And I agree that the drop down list is a much better, less cluttery suggestion.
@blaireau wrote on 2014-11-25 18:50:32:

Understood. That's why I think the "feed all" should be the first on the drop down list, that way it doesn't inconvenience people who just want to click the one button. And I agree that the drop down list is a much better, less cluttery suggestion.
U58SZuw.png
No support. I don't think this would work as well as intended, or at least it would require planning (e.g. rotating which food gets first) to be effective. I think a better solution would be to choose each dragon's preferred food (maybe from a single page list), so you can set it and forget it.
No support. I don't think this would work as well as intended, or at least it would require planning (e.g. rotating which food gets first) to be effective. I think a better solution would be to choose each dragon's preferred food (maybe from a single page list), so you can set it and forget it.
This seems like a much more elegant solution to the food problem than anything else I've seen so far. Definitely support!
This seems like a much more elegant solution to the food problem than anything else I've seen so far. Definitely support!
tumblr_ntb77nGcGa1t4909xo1_400.png
I currently don't have a need- but my numbers are very small.
However, I undertstand how it can be annoying.
(I thought omnivorous dragons, like the Guardians- as I have one- eat foods in the order of there preference. IE, meat is first, so they'll eat that first? I have my meat stores, go down. My seafood hasn't even been touched.)

But I support this.
(I thought omnivorous dragons, like the Guardians- as I have one- eat foods in the order of there preference. IE, meat is first, so they'll eat that first? I have my meat stores, go down. My seafood hasn't even been touched.)

But I support this.
tumblr_n7s8adjjdc1sl6hkto2_500_zps8c3bdbc8.png
Only in shadow can you see what glows.
[quote name="nika" date="2014-11-25 10:33:40"]Support! Yeah, this sounds like the best idea on this subject so far. Definitely superior to my current method of running out of all other food types every week so I can force everyone to eat plants for as long as possible. ;)[/quote]
nika wrote on 2014-11-25 10:33:40:
Support! Yeah, this sounds like the best idea on this subject so far.

Definitely superior to my current method of running out of all other food types every week so I can force everyone to eat plants for as long as possible. ;)
Plague%20flight%20switch%20Ice_zps9q6htbkf.gif
[quote name="@Xathoa" date="2014-11-25 20:38:09"][center][i]I currently don't have a need- but my numbers are very small. However, I undertstand how it can be annoying. (I thought omnivorous dragons, like the Guardians- as I have one- eat foods in the order of there preference. IE, meat is first, so they'll eat that first? I have my meat stores, go down. My seafood hasn't even been touched.) But I support this.[/i][/center][/quote] I'm not exactly sure how it goes? I've heard that it works the way you just explained and then I'm pretty sure the staff said once upon a time that they'll eat equal amounts of all of their dietary needs? I've also heard people say the order of dragons in your lair plays a part in who eats first. I really think this is the simplest fix, even simpler than assigning individual toggles (sorry @Crowbar, I have to disagree! I updated the second post with your counterpoint, though).
@Xathoa wrote on 2014-11-25 20:38:09:

But I support this.

I'm not exactly sure how it goes? I've heard that it works the way you just explained and then I'm pretty sure the staff said once upon a time that they'll eat equal amounts of all of their dietary needs? I've also heard people say the order of dragons in your lair plays a part in who eats first.

I really think this is the simplest fix, even simpler than assigning individual toggles (sorry @Crowbar, I have to disagree! I updated the second post with your counterpoint, though).
U58SZuw.png
support
support
sBdLZtA.png
Support
Support
rotyou_zpsdd94a7ce.jpg
1 2 3 4 5 6