Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Did you even imagine how they walk ?
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
I never finished polishing it due to university kicking my butt, so here's a really jaggy draft run! [img]http://i.imgur.com/6JSnuFj.gif[/img] I realize pearlcatchers have a sense of dignity. I realize they may choose to use their tails, or a satchel of some sort. But no. I wanted to see them hoof it like a three-legged cat who has no such priorities. That is much better to me.
I never finished polishing it due to university kicking my butt, so here's a really jaggy draft run!
6JSnuFj.gif

I realize pearlcatchers have a sense of dignity.
I realize they may choose to use their tails, or a satchel of some sort.

But no.

I wanted to see them hoof it like a three-legged cat who has no such priorities.

That is much better to me.
@Pthalocy

I pictured Pearlcatchers passing their pearls from claw to claw as each leaves the ground. No more loss of traction than normal that way.

If dragons had the right kind of wrists to jump rope, PCs would be the undisputed masters of double dutch. (As it is, jump rope is a three-five dragon game, less if any are good with knots and there is something to fix the rope to.)
@Pthalocy

I pictured Pearlcatchers passing their pearls from claw to claw as each leaves the ground. No more loss of traction than normal that way.

If dragons had the right kind of wrists to jump rope, PCs would be the undisputed masters of double dutch. (As it is, jump rope is a three-five dragon game, less if any are good with knots and there is something to fix the rope to.)
fOSQCIF.pngFR+3zzLDnv4.png Stuff I write
@SaturdayLemon

I really like that idea! I would see dexterity and nimble motor skills being a sort of cultural hallmark of a species that carries its 'soul' everywhere in hand.
Admittedly, I have zero experience as an animator or I would have done things with more frames, more smoothly, and with more clever-yet-natural limb motion. This was largely an experiment to break me out of still-frame art. Also because I like seeing stereotypically-classy things depicted as wonky and bumbling. Humility is fun.

I would like to imagine spirals would be incredibly good with knots... I don't know that something so rope-like would be fond of double dutch however!
@SaturdayLemon

I really like that idea! I would see dexterity and nimble motor skills being a sort of cultural hallmark of a species that carries its 'soul' everywhere in hand.
Admittedly, I have zero experience as an animator or I would have done things with more frames, more smoothly, and with more clever-yet-natural limb motion. This was largely an experiment to break me out of still-frame art. Also because I like seeing stereotypically-classy things depicted as wonky and bumbling. Humility is fun.

I would like to imagine spirals would be incredibly good with knots... I don't know that something so rope-like would be fond of double dutch however!
@Pthalocy Yeah, Pearlcatchers don't look built to move faster than a walk and still retain their dignity.

They do look like they'd hop like kangaroos when moving quickly. Just grab their pearls in their forepaws and go.

Spirals are unlikely to enjoy jump rope. The rope catches them in the ribs, inertia wraps their bodies around it, and they get slammed into the ground a few times before the rope stops. Probably the only time a spiral is silent while still conscious.
Plus they have tiny flaily limbs.
@Pthalocy Yeah, Pearlcatchers don't look built to move faster than a walk and still retain their dignity.

They do look like they'd hop like kangaroos when moving quickly. Just grab their pearls in their forepaws and go.

Spirals are unlikely to enjoy jump rope. The rope catches them in the ribs, inertia wraps their bodies around it, and they get slammed into the ground a few times before the rope stops. Probably the only time a spiral is silent while still conscious.
Plus they have tiny flaily limbs.
fOSQCIF.pngFR+3zzLDnv4.png Stuff I write
See, I was just imagining the temptation by some of the larger breeds to use the spirals instead of the rope........ I need to go back to bed lol XD
See, I was just imagining the temptation by some of the larger breeds to use the spirals instead of the rope........ I need to go back to bed lol XD
[quote name="Pthalocy" date="2014-11-22 07:00:59"]See, I was just imagining the temptation by some of the larger breeds to use the spiral instead of the rope........ I need to go back to bed lol XD[/quote] This need to be a thing * stare at the spirals in lair *
Pthalocy wrote on 2014-11-22 07:00:59:
See, I was just imagining the temptation by some of the larger breeds to use the spiral instead of the rope........ I need to go back to bed lol XD
This need to be a thing * stare at the spirals in lair *
gJrrQZ5.png FinalWindEgg_zpsad4c42fe.png
*Snort*
@DragonThunder
READ IT
ALL OF IT
RIGHT NOW
*Snort*
@DragonThunder
READ IT
ALL OF IT
RIGHT NOW
I feel like Coatls move like otters. [img]http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2014-06/24/11/enhanced/webdr02/anigif_enhanced-4881-1403622721-7.gif[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/QSlRI.gif.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/lKWPosV.gif[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/Mi1zkf9.gif[/img]
I feel like Coatls move like otters.

anigif_enhanced-4881-1403622721-7.gif
QSlRI.gif.png
lKWPosV.gif
Mi1zkf9.gif
7b0f29a10ebb06ae1ba07ff61f509f9c53d6764f.png46151627a3c542ceadaf992568ff57f1ac4ff4af.png
@Pthalocy wow that gif is awesome! ive always had a hard time picturing pearlcatchers moving well while carrying their pearl in one paw. I feel like it would be more convenient to put it in come sort of satchel or carry it in your tail... pearlcatchers are odd.
@Pthalocy wow that gif is awesome! ive always had a hard time picturing pearlcatchers moving well while carrying their pearl in one paw. I feel like it would be more convenient to put it in come sort of satchel or carry it in your tail... pearlcatchers are odd.
tumblr_inline_njviw527Mu1qg2i5p.png
It definitely would be easier haha. If young pearlcatchers weren't depicted with pearls larger than their heads (how on earth do they cough that up, anyway??) They'd have the early-life option of just holding it in their mouth, too.
It definitely would be easier haha. If young pearlcatchers weren't depicted with pearls larger than their heads (how on earth do they cough that up, anyway??) They'd have the early-life option of just holding it in their mouth, too.
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31