Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Spines Gene
1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 61 62
Alright, most of the people who hate spines hate it for the same reason why other people love it. It's subtle and isn't out there for weird terts.

In my opinion Spines could be fixed simply putting them in a few more places.

Put in on some spots on the arms, put a few on the leading edge of the wings. and culing over the back of the base of them.

And, Snappers. Snappers are horrible in spines. The head is fine, but the TAIL.

If you're going to stick spines on something AND change the shilloete of a dragon? AT LEAST MAKE THE SCALES CHANGE.

Instead of making these little incongruous things right on the top of giant plate scales? Merge them in, or even make them stick out from beneath or the sides.
Alright, most of the people who hate spines hate it for the same reason why other people love it. It's subtle and isn't out there for weird terts.

In my opinion Spines could be fixed simply putting them in a few more places.

Put in on some spots on the arms, put a few on the leading edge of the wings. and culing over the back of the base of them.

And, Snappers. Snappers are horrible in spines. The head is fine, but the TAIL.

If you're going to stick spines on something AND change the shilloete of a dragon? AT LEAST MAKE THE SCALES CHANGE.

Instead of making these little incongruous things right on the top of giant plate scales? Merge them in, or even make them stick out from beneath or the sides.
I like having a subtle gene, and considering that I've heard people proclaiming their love for the breeds I hate it on, and saying it looks bad on the breeds I think it looks best on, I suspect it's probably a matter of taste.
However, I completely agree with everyone saying this is way overpriced. Something this small and subtle should cost a lot less than underbelly, and instead it's right up there with smoke. That is ridiculously expensive for something so small and low-impact.
I like having a subtle gene, and considering that I've heard people proclaiming their love for the breeds I hate it on, and saying it looks bad on the breeds I think it looks best on, I suspect it's probably a matter of taste.
However, I completely agree with everyone saying this is way overpriced. Something this small and subtle should cost a lot less than underbelly, and instead it's right up there with smoke. That is ridiculously expensive for something so small and low-impact.
I think it's a bit too underwhelming, and while I like the subtlety, on most species it looks good in a specific place, and then like an art-afterthought everywhere else.

It's also extremely expensive for what it is, but perhaps I will find a dragon it looks good on and fall in love with it... like I did with clown. Haha.
I think it's a bit too underwhelming, and while I like the subtlety, on most species it looks good in a specific place, and then like an art-afterthought everywhere else.

It's also extremely expensive for what it is, but perhaps I will find a dragon it looks good on and fall in love with it... like I did with clown. Haha.
Spines. This gene has both pros and cons. Here are my opinions of what they could be.
Pro:
*Odd ranged or bright flashy colors "eyeburners" will actually look pretty fab with some spines rather than on the belly or gems.
*If you want a dragon to look more vicious, this gene is the way to go.
*They go outside the dragon's lines and take on new parts for the dragon.
Cons:
*Nearly invisible on Fae dragons. I had to really squint to see them, and I have no visual problems. While not near-invisible on Miror dragons, they are pretty tiny on these guys as well.
*For what it is, it's pretty expensive.
*It's kinda soon for yet another new gene...

On another note, the new meat item is so adorable. So cute my dragons could eat it up.
Spines. This gene has both pros and cons. Here are my opinions of what they could be.
Pro:
*Odd ranged or bright flashy colors "eyeburners" will actually look pretty fab with some spines rather than on the belly or gems.
*If you want a dragon to look more vicious, this gene is the way to go.
*They go outside the dragon's lines and take on new parts for the dragon.
Cons:
*Nearly invisible on Fae dragons. I had to really squint to see them, and I have no visual problems. While not near-invisible on Miror dragons, they are pretty tiny on these guys as well.
*For what it is, it's pretty expensive.
*It's kinda soon for yet another new gene...

On another note, the new meat item is so adorable. So cute my dragons could eat it up.
5hF3FGk.png
d9YLPfe.png
4ogWlJU.png
KRcB6uC.png
FObX7rS.png
67158392_vSp.gif 61891918_yysMgzTywen5eM3.gif 79175012_29mIUXHpmIO2jtD.gif
I approve of both the subtlety of spines and the movement towards genes that alter the lineart, but I don't think that spines as they are now really have a good balance of visibility, price, and aesthetic. They are all but invisible on Fae dragons, for example, and in my opinion they look tacked on for some of the other breeds (Snappers in particular). The art and concept seem rushed and not as thought out as they could be, and in my opinion it is not worth the price tag.
I approve of both the subtlety of spines and the movement towards genes that alter the lineart, but I don't think that spines as they are now really have a good balance of visibility, price, and aesthetic. They are all but invisible on Fae dragons, for example, and in my opinion they look tacked on for some of the other breeds (Snappers in particular). The art and concept seem rushed and not as thought out as they could be, and in my opinion it is not worth the price tag.
[center]I think it would be cool if they alternated in Length;[/center] [list]-Such as longer spines on the head -2-3 Smaller spines that get longer as they reach the crown of the head then get shorter again as they go down the back of the neck. -- Like they seem to on the Wildclaw -As they reach they end of the tail they could get small and smaller till they are gone, perhaps ending before the end of the tail. -I Think having them down the the side length of the body and/or tail like on the neck may also work.[/list] [center] I assume the price is as it is because the gene is as rare as other of that price, but for something so subtle and almost invisible to some on dragon, the price just seems too high for them. I really hope there is a an increase of stock for the first few days; I've been trying since the gene came out and haven't even seen it in the market yet. The Gene is almost pointless on a Ridgeback but with Bright coloured spines against a Dark dragon, even on The Ridgeback they can look quite nice. I also think this helps dragons with undesired Tertiary colours. [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=10&wing=10&style=5&gender=0&ages=1&prig=0&secg=0&tert=43&elem=8&tertgene=8&spec=.png[/img][/center]
I think it would be cool if they alternated in Length;
    -Such as longer spines on the head

-2-3 Smaller spines that get longer as they reach the crown of the head then get shorter again as they go down the back of the neck. -- Like they seem to on the Wildclaw

-As they reach they end of the tail they could get small and smaller till they are gone, perhaps ending before the end of the tail.

-I Think having them down the the side length of the body and/or tail like on the neck may also work.
I assume the price is as it is because the gene is as rare as other of that price, but for something so subtle and almost invisible to some on dragon, the price just seems too high for them.

I really hope there is a an increase of stock for the first few days; I've been trying since the gene came out and haven't even seen it in the market yet.

The Gene is almost pointless on a Ridgeback but with Bright coloured spines against a Dark dragon, even on The Ridgeback they can look quite nice. I also think this helps dragons with undesired Tertiary colours.
dragonpic2.php?body=10&wing=10&style=5&gender=0&ages=1&prig=0&secg=0&tert=43&elem=8&tertgene=8&spec=.png
Returning to FR after a long hiatus
As much as I adore the new spines, I'd love to see them perhaps a bit bigger. They're rather hard to see on all kinds of dragon even when its something like Banana spines against obsidian/obsidian dragon base with basic primary and secondary genes. I adore the look and stuff, just would be nice if they were like a milimeter bigger? In my personal opinion, Spiral looks best with the gene right now, the spines make it look like a saw blade, I'd imagine it would have quite the damaging effect to enemies to! 8D
As much as I adore the new spines, I'd love to see them perhaps a bit bigger. They're rather hard to see on all kinds of dragon even when its something like Banana spines against obsidian/obsidian dragon base with basic primary and secondary genes. I adore the look and stuff, just would be nice if they were like a milimeter bigger? In my personal opinion, Spiral looks best with the gene right now, the spines make it look like a saw blade, I'd imagine it would have quite the damaging effect to enemies to! 8D
just gon copypaste my thoughts from another thread:
i think it looks a bit silly on some breeds, but i love how it looks on wildclaws! it's like they have streaked manes now, it's so cute! i also like it on noodles, though the spine placement on the tails kinda bugs me. ah well.
i surprisingly am also totally digging it on the already spiny breeds. more spines for ridgies! i would have liked for the existing spines to be recolored too, but it's still strangely cute. and it gives guardians and snappers little mohawks! :D
and it's so totally metal on pearlcatchers, i want a biker gang.
just gon copypaste my thoughts from another thread:
i think it looks a bit silly on some breeds, but i love how it looks on wildclaws! it's like they have streaked manes now, it's so cute! i also like it on noodles, though the spine placement on the tails kinda bugs me. ah well.
i surprisingly am also totally digging it on the already spiny breeds. more spines for ridgies! i would have liked for the existing spines to be recolored too, but it's still strangely cute. and it gives guardians and snappers little mohawks! :D
and it's so totally metal on pearlcatchers, i want a biker gang.
oohh neat
oohh neat
Not sure what to think of the new tert in general. The spines seem too small to be worth the cost most of the time. But, I have decided I MUST get this gene for my random progen. I've been wanting to bring out his red tert, but it doesn't look as nice with Rust as I'd hoped. The spines are perfect! I also discovered he'll be beautiful in a Crystal gene, so now I need that, too.
Not sure what to think of the new tert in general. The spines seem too small to be worth the cost most of the time. But, I have decided I MUST get this gene for my random progen. I've been wanting to bring out his red tert, but it doesn't look as nice with Rust as I'd hoped. The spines are perfect! I also discovered he'll be beautiful in a Crystal gene, so now I need that, too.
Brown River Recluse Queen of the River Spider Army Grey River Jumper
1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 61 62