Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why so many RULES to buy a dragon?
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I've been harassed via PM over the simple act of buying dragons from the AH, so even the AH isn't safe sometimes. No message telling me what they wanted or what about my pressing "buy auction" bothered them, just flat out harassment and then I was blocked when I tried to ask them if they wanted the dragon back. This is with no prior interaction with the users, ever.

*shrug* Some people take it to the extreme.
I've been harassed via PM over the simple act of buying dragons from the AH, so even the AH isn't safe sometimes. No message telling me what they wanted or what about my pressing "buy auction" bothered them, just flat out harassment and then I was blocked when I tried to ask them if they wanted the dragon back. This is with no prior interaction with the users, ever.

*shrug* Some people take it to the extreme.
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
this is pretty silly. I usually only give away dragons and my rules consist of me requesting that people don't take them to sell or exalt. like feel free to do it, but don't take them for that purpose, you know?

of course they still can! I just ask them not to. I wouldn't get mad because they can do whatever they want with it. their dragon now
this is pretty silly. I usually only give away dragons and my rules consist of me requesting that people don't take them to sell or exalt. like feel free to do it, but don't take them for that purpose, you know?

of course they still can! I just ask them not to. I wouldn't get mad because they can do whatever they want with it. their dragon now
tumblr_inline_njw5jjRGaO1qg2i5p.gif
That's purely ridiculous.

I know people can be attached to these dragons and their babies, but guess what?

Once it's sold, it's not your decision what people can do with it anymore. Whoever made those rules needs to get over themselves.

Name them.

I don't have to. Yes, I get annoyed when people exalt without naming. But hey, it's not my decision.

DO NOT EXALT.

Too bad, if they're exalt-fodder prices and we're pushing for dominance, too bad.

If you give them away or sell them you need my permission first.

I paid for this Dragon, I can do what I want with it. I'll give it to my friend, or re-sell it later.

If you sell them and I find out they were exalted I'll blame yo and you can never buy from me again.

If you're that petty, no one will likely buy from you again anyways.

If you're tired of them, you have to give them back to me for a handy dandy 0% of the purchase price.

Haha why? So you can have the sale price AND the exalt money? Nope, I'll exalt them when I'm tired of them.

If you do give them back to me I will probably exalt them, even though it's not okay for you to do so.

GET OFF FR FOR EVER PLEASE.
That's purely ridiculous.

I know people can be attached to these dragons and their babies, but guess what?

Once it's sold, it's not your decision what people can do with it anymore. Whoever made those rules needs to get over themselves.

Name them.

I don't have to. Yes, I get annoyed when people exalt without naming. But hey, it's not my decision.

DO NOT EXALT.

Too bad, if they're exalt-fodder prices and we're pushing for dominance, too bad.

If you give them away or sell them you need my permission first.

I paid for this Dragon, I can do what I want with it. I'll give it to my friend, or re-sell it later.

If you sell them and I find out they were exalted I'll blame yo and you can never buy from me again.

If you're that petty, no one will likely buy from you again anyways.

If you're tired of them, you have to give them back to me for a handy dandy 0% of the purchase price.

Haha why? So you can have the sale price AND the exalt money? Nope, I'll exalt them when I'm tired of them.

If you do give them back to me I will probably exalt them, even though it's not okay for you to do so.

GET OFF FR FOR EVER PLEASE.
plagueshieldr.pngXxqDwGq.pngplagueshieldl.png
I name all my dragons TB exalted 'Exaltation' - that way it's obvious what happened to them in family trees...
I name all my dragons TB exalted 'Exaltation' - that way it's obvious what happened to them in family trees...
Rules for buying a dragon:

-ORIGINAL OC DO NOT STEAL
-If you do anything to this dragon the court will determine you as guilty, giving you bad luck for 13 years.
-Run to South America barefoot. No, I don't care if you live in Europe, feel it in your feet.
-If you want to make a profit, sorry dude, you can't, give it back to me for free, because yes.
-Disregard all of this and go to another seller instead.
Rules for buying a dragon:

-ORIGINAL OC DO NOT STEAL
-If you do anything to this dragon the court will determine you as guilty, giving you bad luck for 13 years.
-Run to South America barefoot. No, I don't care if you live in Europe, feel it in your feet.
-If you want to make a profit, sorry dude, you can't, give it back to me for free, because yes.
-Disregard all of this and go to another seller instead.

I rose up at the dawn of day--
`Get thee away! get thee away!
Pray'st thou for riches? Away! away!
[quote name="Skyie" date="2014-11-07 08:17:33"]PS, I have seen people say they will buy their dragon back rather than having it exalted, but have never seen anyone say they want their dragon back for free(unless it was a gift to start with)[/quote] @Skyie - Just to tell you a secret, I took every single thing I posted in this thread from one single seller in the AH who has had a thread up for about a week. I've seen most of them before (hence creating the thread in the first place), but the "if you're going to exalt it, you have to give it back to me" is ripped directly from his/her thread, and if you look through the first 2-5 pages, I bet you can find it. It's completely legit.
Skyie wrote on 2014-11-07 08:17:33:
PS, I have seen people say they will buy their dragon back rather than having it exalted, but have never seen anyone say they want their dragon back for free(unless it was a gift to start with)

@Skyie - Just to tell you a secret, I took every single thing I posted in this thread from one single seller in the AH who has had a thread up for about a week. I've seen most of them before (hence creating the thread in the first place), but the "if you're going to exalt it, you have to give it back to me" is ripped directly from his/her thread, and if you look through the first 2-5 pages, I bet you can find it. It's completely legit.
I must be going to the right hatcheries, because I never see anything this extreme. The only bullet list on my hatchery page is just there to explain conversion rates and discounts, which is what I normally see. It is absurd to think anyone will even remember which hatchery they got a dragon from 3 months after buying it, how would anyone even keep all this straight?

ETA: none of this is to say I don't believe you, OP! Whoever runs that hatchery is going to be sorely disappointed when no one ever buys from them because the rules are too intimidating.
I must be going to the right hatcheries, because I never see anything this extreme. The only bullet list on my hatchery page is just there to explain conversion rates and discounts, which is what I normally see. It is absurd to think anyone will even remember which hatchery they got a dragon from 3 months after buying it, how would anyone even keep all this straight?

ETA: none of this is to say I don't believe you, OP! Whoever runs that hatchery is going to be sorely disappointed when no one ever buys from them because the rules are too intimidating.

Y1N7tKs.png
I looked through a bunch of threads and I couldn't find any that listed these rules. Either I'm blind, or they're pretty deep in and not very common
I looked through a bunch of threads and I couldn't find any that listed these rules. Either I'm blind, or they're pretty deep in and not very common
I've seen these types of rules around and scroll on by. I can see where they're coming from when it comes to adoption/giveaways/free dragons, it is generally done out of goodwill or helping out newer players - why give away dragons to be exalted when you could have exalted them yourself?

But still, for selling dragons - if you're that attached to a dragon/hatchling, then don't sell it period. So tacky. I can't believe people harass others via PM about this too, wow. Once a dragon is sold it is no longer the responsibility of the previous owner.
I've seen these types of rules around and scroll on by. I can see where they're coming from when it comes to adoption/giveaways/free dragons, it is generally done out of goodwill or helping out newer players - why give away dragons to be exalted when you could have exalted them yourself?

But still, for selling dragons - if you're that attached to a dragon/hatchling, then don't sell it period. So tacky. I can't believe people harass others via PM about this too, wow. Once a dragon is sold it is no longer the responsibility of the previous owner.
tumblr_ns95r4gyIn1u5zwh0o1_500.png
The only thing I do is the naming before you exalt thing but I don't chase people down if they exalt without naming. Its not my responsibility so I'll just leave the buyer to do what they want.
The only thing I do is the naming before you exalt thing but I don't chase people down if they exalt without naming. Its not my responsibility so I'll just leave the buyer to do what they want.
Josie | He/Him | Nonbinary
looking for Rainbows, Eyeburners, and/or Dragons for Skins!
kwlcS.gif GmOoG.gif
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13