Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | "Bug"(Actual insect) Report Thread.
1 2 3 4 5
[item=horse fly] Nice sunglasses, dude. XD
Horse Fly

Nice sunglasses, dude. XD
1009gIL.png
@KittenKlaws13: Ohh this is cute! :D Pinging @JCStitches cause I'm sure she'd appreciate it too! ♥ I bug I'm encountering much lately: [item=red-winged dewbug] Also I've moved this to Flight Rising Discussions, as it is a topic (somewhat) about Flight Rising! c: General Discussions is for discussions that are not related to Flight Rising! c:
@KittenKlaws13: Ohh this is cute! :D Pinging @JCStitches cause I'm sure she'd appreciate it too! ♥

I bug I'm encountering much lately: Red-Winged Dewbug

Also I've moved this to Flight Rising Discussions, as it is a topic (somewhat) about Flight Rising! c: General Discussions is for discussions that are not related to Flight Rising! c:
Found this lovely in a butterfly house several years ago:)
A2ocier.jpg
reminds me of this guy:
hVzfqXV.png
Found this lovely in a butterfly house several years ago:)
A2ocier.jpg
reminds me of this guy:
hVzfqXV.png
eE5S3w9.pngtumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png41M4Oxv.gif
Found this huge ground beetle a couple of months back; have not been able to identify it and have never before seen any bug nearly this large around here. O.o;; [img]http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy15/Axeletta/380a83f2-727f-4936-8d55-10548951de40_zpsaa42bfa5.jpg[/img] [img]http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy15/Axeletta/DSCN5459_zps6d33c5d7.jpg[/img] [img]http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy15/Axeletta/055d9e89-f4c3-4a97-894a-5c145e8900aa_zpsacea9b12.jpg[/img]
Found this huge ground beetle a couple of months back; have not been able to identify it and have never before seen any bug nearly this large around here. O.o;;

380a83f2-727f-4936-8d55-10548951de40_zpsaa42bfa5.jpg
DSCN5459_zps6d33c5d7.jpg
055d9e89-f4c3-4a97-894a-5c145e8900aa_zpsacea9b12.jpg
ctFAI4k.gif
Whenever I walk home from school, there are these huge black hornets which fly around next to the sidewalk, so it's either I walk on the road, or I get so close to them that they are literally in my face. I usually tend to stick the road, cars be damned ;_;. I hate hornets. They're really the only insects I'm scared of, though. At my aunt's house in Australia, I'd go into her garden to catch little black beetles to feed to the spiders that live in her fence! It's really cool to watch, haha!
Whenever I walk home from school, there are these huge black hornets which fly around next to the sidewalk, so it's either I walk on the road, or I get so close to them that they are literally in my face. I usually tend to stick the road, cars be damned ;_;. I hate hornets. They're really the only insects I'm scared of, though. At my aunt's house in Australia, I'd go into her garden to catch little black beetles to feed to the spiders that live in her fence! It's really cool to watch, haha!
We get these little brownish-green preying mantises on our screen door om late-late summer/fall. They're pretty small but really adorable. We also have paper wasp problems. Unfortunately some of the family is deathly allergic to bees/wasps/hornets so we have to kill them when we find them.

Small price to pay compared to an amulance cost + hospital bill and/or death.
We get these little brownish-green preying mantises on our screen door om late-late summer/fall. They're pretty small but really adorable. We also have paper wasp problems. Unfortunately some of the family is deathly allergic to bees/wasps/hornets so we have to kill them when we find them.

Small price to pay compared to an amulance cost + hospital bill and/or death.
QtX8aZF.jpg
[item=Daddy Longlegs] I hate these things
Daddy Longlegs

I hate these things
u1CZerW.gif
i've seen seasons come and go, from winter sun to summer snow
No actual bugs, but that Oprah bees gif made me think of this one I saw recently. Here have some more bees! (The only resident of the Windswept Plateau you know.) [img]http://i.imgur.com/c9RHODn.gif[/img] Edit for bug story. One day on my way out from work at the mall, I saw something on the pavement. Told my friend to stop and look, and right there, in the middle of the parking lot at night was a praying mantis. Apparently just chilling in the middle of the lane for whatever reason. I didn't even think we had them around here, and it was huge. :x
No actual bugs, but that Oprah bees gif made me think of this one I saw recently.

Here have some more bees! (The only resident of the Windswept Plateau you know.)

c9RHODn.gif

Edit for bug story.

One day on my way out from work at the mall, I saw something on the pavement. Told my friend to stop and look, and right there, in the middle of the parking lot at night was a praying mantis. Apparently just chilling in the middle of the lane for whatever reason. I didn't even think we had them around here, and it was huge. :x
XTgWYyz.pnggPpaGUw.png
Thanks for the ping @Gaia! I started laughing the moment I read the title! Such an adorable idea! XD I've encountered several bugs lately, but I think I'm happiest when this sort pops up! [item=lady bug] [item=harlequin ladybug] However. Thanks to the Riot of Rot I am drowning in these. [item=maggot] [item=stinglash] [item=nymph] [item=albino dasher] [i]Thank you Plaguebringer. I am blessed. Yay. [/i] Hey, @Empyrisan! Have you found any bugs lately? :P
Thanks for the ping @Gaia! I started laughing the moment I read the title! Such an adorable idea! XD

I've encountered several bugs lately, but I think I'm happiest when this sort pops up!

Lady Bug Harlequin Ladybug

However. Thanks to the Riot of Rot I am drowning in these.

Maggot Stinglash Nymph Albino Dasher

Thank you Plaguebringer. I am blessed. Yay.

Hey, @Empyrisan! Have you found any bugs lately? :P
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
When I was 2 or so, I would tell people I wanted to be an entomologist. My favorite bugs were lady bugs, praying mantises, daddy longlegs (even though the ones I see are actually spiders), fireflies, and moths. In the summer, I'd try to catch any grasshopper I saw and then let it go. I would laugh at my sister, who is scared of bugs, when I showed her all the bugs I would hold. I still love them- they're so cool!
When I was 2 or so, I would tell people I wanted to be an entomologist. My favorite bugs were lady bugs, praying mantises, daddy longlegs (even though the ones I see are actually spiders), fireflies, and moths. In the summer, I'd try to catch any grasshopper I saw and then let it go. I would laugh at my sister, who is scared of bugs, when I showed her all the bugs I would hold. I still love them- they're so cool!
afef61a686.png
1 2 3 4 5