Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | "Bug"(Actual insect) Report Thread.
1 2 3 4 5
@Kittenklaws13
Paper wasps are really cool, they're pretty docile unless you do something stupid like prod their nest with a stick. I used to stand directly under their nest and watch 'em, and they ignored me for the most part. A few would watch me back but they never tried to attack.

Wasps are smart in general and I've heard they can come to recognize the clothes people wear and stuff :3. I hope they come back next year, paper wasps themselves drink nectar I guess but they feed the larvae of other bugs to their own larvae, so they're good at keeping the pest population down.
@Kittenklaws13
Paper wasps are really cool, they're pretty docile unless you do something stupid like prod their nest with a stick. I used to stand directly under their nest and watch 'em, and they ignored me for the most part. A few would watch me back but they never tried to attack.

Wasps are smart in general and I've heard they can come to recognize the clothes people wear and stuff :3. I hope they come back next year, paper wasps themselves drink nectar I guess but they feed the larvae of other bugs to their own larvae, so they're good at keeping the pest population down.
0lSM1SJ.png t1eU2lt.pngWishlist
@Kittenklaws13

I've heard that moths don't respond to yellow light, but I've never tried it.
@Kittenklaws13

I've heard that moths don't respond to yellow light, but I've never tried it.
ex5BGkW.png
@Elai
I really, really don't like them.
When I was little, and exploring, I accidentally stepped on a nest. I got stung a lot, but what really got me was that one of them stuck. It wiggled around, alive, in my arm, for what were quite possibly multiple minutes. I actually have a scar there.
@Elai
I really, really don't like them.
When I was little, and exploring, I accidentally stepped on a nest. I got stung a lot, but what really got me was that one of them stuck. It wiggled around, alive, in my arm, for what were quite possibly multiple minutes. I actually have a scar there.
Collecting Golden Bantam Fangars!
zUIylVh.gif
@WolfyTheCat
Never heard that myself, can't say how accurate it is.
@WolfyTheCat
Never heard that myself, can't say how accurate it is.
zUIylVh.gif
@Kittenklaws13
o.o' I can see your aversion to them. Luckily I've ever been stung by bees, but never more than one at a time.

Well, I've been stung by fire ants too, those things are the devil in six-legged form x__x.
@Kittenklaws13
o.o' I can see your aversion to them. Luckily I've ever been stung by bees, but never more than one at a time.

Well, I've been stung by fire ants too, those things are the devil in six-legged form x__x.
@Elai
Yeah, and bees die after a single sting.
Never been stung by an ant, but I've eaten them, and one of them bit my tongue. The kind I ate was rather lemony.
@Elai
Yeah, and bees die after a single sting.
Never been stung by an ant, but I've eaten them, and one of them bit my tongue. The kind I ate was rather lemony.
zUIylVh.gif
@Kittenklaws13
Most ants don't sting, they bite. Fire ants can sting though, and it hurts like a word I'm not allowed to type here ;^;.

I've heard certain kinds of ants have flavors like that to them. Were you eating them on purpose or was it just a kid thing? I've heard dried and salted crickets (sans the head and guts) taste like peanuts or something similar.
@Kittenklaws13
Most ants don't sting, they bite. Fire ants can sting though, and it hurts like a word I'm not allowed to type here ;^;.

I've heard certain kinds of ants have flavors like that to them. Were you eating them on purpose or was it just a kid thing? I've heard dried and salted crickets (sans the head and guts) taste like peanuts or something similar.
@Elai
On purpose. It was a seventh grade field trip to learn about nature and ecosystems. Our guide invited people to try ants from the pile. He ate some too.
@Elai
On purpose. It was a seventh grade field trip to learn about nature and ecosystems. Our guide invited people to try ants from the pile. He ate some too.
zUIylVh.gif
@Kittenklaws13
Neat :D. I remember when I was in elementary school (don't remember the grade tho), we had a sort of culture-fest thing focused on food. Someone brought in fried rattlesnake and it was gooooooood omg. I don't think they have it in Ohio and I keep meaning to see if there are places that ship rattlesnake (best bet would probably be TX). It's weird though because I LOVE snakes and despite how good they are I could never bring myself to kill one. I'd just wanna cuddle with it all day and make it my friend XD.

Fun fact: friend without an 'n' becomes fried.
@Kittenklaws13
Neat :D. I remember when I was in elementary school (don't remember the grade tho), we had a sort of culture-fest thing focused on food. Someone brought in fried rattlesnake and it was gooooooood omg. I don't think they have it in Ohio and I keep meaning to see if there are places that ship rattlesnake (best bet would probably be TX). It's weird though because I LOVE snakes and despite how good they are I could never bring myself to kill one. I'd just wanna cuddle with it all day and make it my friend XD.

Fun fact: friend without an 'n' becomes fried.
@Elai
I'll make sure to keep my stock of n's full then, just in case.
@Elai
I'll make sure to keep my stock of n's full then, just in case.
zUIylVh.gif
1 2 3 4 5