Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | I need books to read!
1 2 3 4 5 6
@PerfectPace
I don't think this is a torrent site and it's only for books, so maybe try it out? c:
http://tuebl.ca
@PerfectPace
I don't think this is a torrent site and it's only for books, so maybe try it out? c:
weavile.gif
pink is manly
@PerfectPace
Thanks!
@PerfectPace
Thanks!
84d669668790b279a1734f4a81a8e75e9ae50900.png fLdYOuE.png
Gj9DhHn.png
bYt72YT.png
fdUVIfW.png
FObX7rS.png
UIuKM01.pngzwkSD6b.png
Some current special interests: Dokibird, Fuwamoco, magical girls, Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation.. more here!
Previous usernames: MystaRias, dokidokibunni, Sylphiette, Toothless
z3FSuck.pngK9W8Tym.png
TBVYKs7.jpeg
[quote name="Voyager" date="2014-10-15 21:39:02"]@PerfectPace I don't think this is a torrent site and it's only for books, so maybe try it out? c: http://tuebl.ca[/quote] Thank you!
Voyager wrote on 2014-10-15 21:39:02:
@PerfectPace

Thank you!
The best book series I have ever read is Ranger's Apprentice by John Flanagan it is a fantasy series. If you like battles and adventures you should read it.
The best book series I have ever read is Ranger's Apprentice by John Flanagan it is a fantasy series. If you like battles and adventures you should read it.
tumblr_inline_ndfc3bktVg1r3rrw1.gif
@orneryOgre
YES! The Bartimaeus series is incredible! Its got such good voice and any book that uses footnotes well earns all my affections.

@Anomandarist
I've read most of the keys to the kingdom. I read up to Lady Friday as they were coming out, but its started to lose me and I didn't return to it when Saturday came out. Is it worth going back and rereading to finish the week out? I loved the premise I just felt it was getting bogged down towards the end.
@orneryOgre
YES! The Bartimaeus series is incredible! Its got such good voice and any book that uses footnotes well earns all my affections.

@Anomandarist
I've read most of the keys to the kingdom. I read up to Lady Friday as they were coming out, but its started to lose me and I didn't return to it when Saturday came out. Is it worth going back and rereading to finish the week out? I loved the premise I just felt it was getting bogged down towards the end.
@TeacupTempest, to be honest I also stopped at Lady Friday, I haven't been able to get my hands on saturday or sunday.
@TeacupTempest, to be honest I also stopped at Lady Friday, I haven't been able to get my hands on saturday or sunday.
34pz5nm.jpg
@PerfectPace [quote name="PerfectPace" date="2014-10-13 23:27:26"] [b] I've read a bunch of books, but. I'm a slow reader, I'm tentative. I am very picky about my books. [/b] ... [u][b]The Golden Compass series.[/b][/u] Inkheart series Ashfall Series Perfect Chemistry (I do like romance... >..>) ... [/quote] HEY FRIEND. We like the same books :D But I like Age of Fire by EE Knight, Dragon Jousters by Mercedes Lackey (she also does other cool stuff, check her out), Bitterwood, and Gryphon Mage. As for science fiction.. Unwind and Feed are really good. There's also the Mars series, Red Mars/ Blue Mars/ Green Mars, which I've had recommend to me several times. Terry Pratchett is great. Hatching Magic... good, but kinda young. The author has good concepts though. HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY!!! All the way!
@PerfectPace
PerfectPace wrote on 2014-10-13 23:27:26:
I've read a bunch of books, but. I'm a slow reader, I'm tentative. I am very picky about my books.
The Golden Compass series.
Inkheart series
Ashfall Series
Perfect Chemistry (I do like romance... >..>)

HEY FRIEND. We like the same books :D
But I like Age of Fire by EE Knight, Dragon Jousters by Mercedes Lackey (she also does other cool stuff, check her out), Bitterwood, and Gryphon Mage.
As for science fiction.. Unwind and Feed are really good.
There's also the Mars series, Red Mars/ Blue Mars/ Green Mars, which I've had recommend to me several times.
Terry Pratchett is great.
Hatching Magic... good, but kinda young. The author has good concepts though.
HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY!!! All the way!
fiFase7.png Draca
She/They
FRT +3
Roleplay Clan
If you do art comms I'm probably on your pinglist lol
@PerfectPace

BOOKS

:D

ALRIGHT

So if you're looking for young adult I'd highly recommend the Cirque du Freak series

It's amazingly addictive series about vampires, but DEFINITELY NOT the sparkly kind. Anyways, it's a story revolving around one particular individual called Darren Shan and the prophecy that surrounds him. I'm not even sure how to properly describe it, but it is amazing.

And if you haven't read Harry Potter, I'd recommend you go read that because it is amazing. I don't think I really need to give a synopsis, as it is pretty much everywhere.
@PerfectPace

BOOKS

:D

ALRIGHT

So if you're looking for young adult I'd highly recommend the Cirque du Freak series

It's amazingly addictive series about vampires, but DEFINITELY NOT the sparkly kind. Anyways, it's a story revolving around one particular individual called Darren Shan and the prophecy that surrounds him. I'm not even sure how to properly describe it, but it is amazing.

And if you haven't read Harry Potter, I'd recommend you go read that because it is amazing. I don't think I really need to give a synopsis, as it is pretty much everywhere.
nOKB0vW.png
(I don't know if someone's already suggested this but...)
A series I've liked is the Leviathan trilogy! Really steampunky.
It's set in WWI, but the Axis and Allied powers each have a main technology they use everywhere.
The Axis (or Clankers) build giant robots, and the Allies (I forget their nickname) build these chimerical creatures.
It has GORGEOUS illustrations, too!
(I don't know if someone's already suggested this but...)
A series I've liked is the Leviathan trilogy! Really steampunky.
It's set in WWI, but the Axis and Allied powers each have a main technology they use everywhere.
The Axis (or Clankers) build giant robots, and the Allies (I forget their nickname) build these chimerical creatures.
It has GORGEOUS illustrations, too!
Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light
I would absolutely recommend The Seven Realms Series by Cinda Wilma Chima. It's a fantasy series with a fair deal of romance. There's a good amount of complexity in all aspects. You'll be hard pressed to find a two-dimensional character. The world building is very realistic despite the genre, and the plot is well paced.
I remember when I got ahold of the first book, I'd pulled an all-nighter so I could finish it.
I would absolutely recommend The Seven Realms Series by Cinda Wilma Chima. It's a fantasy series with a fair deal of romance. There's a good amount of complexity in all aspects. You'll be hard pressed to find a two-dimensional character. The world building is very realistic despite the genre, and the plot is well paced.
I remember when I got ahold of the first book, I'd pulled an all-nighter so I could finish it.
1 2 3 4 5 6