Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | So I'm learning how to code...
1 2 3
*raises hand*

I'm an aspiring CS major. :3 I can code (fairly simple) programs in C++ and Visual Basic, and I'm teaching myself HTML/CSS. There's a certain joy that comes from the problem-solving and creative thinking required to code, especially when you finish a big project.
*raises hand*

I'm an aspiring CS major. :3 I can code (fairly simple) programs in C++ and Visual Basic, and I'm teaching myself HTML/CSS. There's a certain joy that comes from the problem-solving and creative thinking required to code, especially when you finish a big project.
33o1hr8.gif
I'm taking AP Comp. Science now. Learning Java, but the teacher doesn't actually teach. So I get all of my info out of a book that's trying to be as vague as possible.

So, yea, I suck at programming :/ Ah well.
I'm taking AP Comp. Science now. Learning Java, but the teacher doesn't actually teach. So I get all of my info out of a book that's trying to be as vague as possible.

So, yea, I suck at programming :/ Ah well.
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you cannot always be sure of their authenticity." ~ Abraham Lincoln, 1864
I know HTML and CSS and I'm sorta learning Javascript and PHP but I'm terrible at it aha xD
I know HTML and CSS and I'm sorta learning Javascript and PHP but I'm terrible at it aha xD
I'm always picking up more HTML knowledge, but I have to start learning Javascript very soon as I'm a graphic design student who wants to specialize in web and mobile design. x.x That should prove to be a headache and a half, but it will certainly pay off.
I'm always picking up more HTML knowledge, but I have to start learning Javascript very soon as I'm a graphic design student who wants to specialize in web and mobile design. x.x That should prove to be a headache and a half, but it will certainly pay off.
I just had my first college scripting class today and I like it so far :D I'm learning Python for Maya (3D modelling program). Before today, I had no knowledge of scripting/coding at all and I wish I had started learning this in high school cuz there's so much to learn :( but I want to learn it :3
I just had my first college scripting class today and I like it so far :D I'm learning Python for Maya (3D modelling program). Before today, I had no knowledge of scripting/coding at all and I wish I had started learning this in high school cuz there's so much to learn :( but I want to learn it :3
tumblr_inline_n6kdvmdpmL1qlye38.gif 1+ hour ahead of flight rising
Good for you, that's an awesome goal! I'm going to school for coding and web design myself right now. I'm pretty good with HTML and CSS, but I'm going to be learning Java here soon and my last programming class was a nightmare because the professor didn't actually teach, so I'm kind of... dreading it.

But I'm trying to get a headstart by teaching myself and that goes a huge ways. I am self-taught with HTML and CSS, and it gave me a great headstart with my other classes. :)
Good for you, that's an awesome goal! I'm going to school for coding and web design myself right now. I'm pretty good with HTML and CSS, but I'm going to be learning Java here soon and my last programming class was a nightmare because the professor didn't actually teach, so I'm kind of... dreading it.

But I'm trying to get a headstart by teaching myself and that goes a huge ways. I am self-taught with HTML and CSS, and it gave me a great headstart with my other classes. :)
JViYfKK.png
I'm a freelance front-end web developer, though I'm pursuing my art career much more heavily than I am coding, so I haven't done much of it in the past six months. I know HTML, CSS, and basic PHP.

The last personal project I was working on was a forum built with Laravel. My code is already so out-of-date that I'll probably restart from scratch if I decide to pick it up again (which I've been itching to, but I don't have enough time to give it the focus it needs)! When I feel comfortable with PHP, I'll finally dive into Python.

I was considering learning Ruby at first, but I've heard such nice things about Python and the latest Sims game explicitly stated it supported Python code. I don't have The Sims 4, but that still made me 100% more curious about Python. xD
I'm a freelance front-end web developer, though I'm pursuing my art career much more heavily than I am coding, so I haven't done much of it in the past six months. I know HTML, CSS, and basic PHP.

The last personal project I was working on was a forum built with Laravel. My code is already so out-of-date that I'll probably restart from scratch if I decide to pick it up again (which I've been itching to, but I don't have enough time to give it the focus it needs)! When I feel comfortable with PHP, I'll finally dive into Python.

I was considering learning Ruby at first, but I've heard such nice things about Python and the latest Sims game explicitly stated it supported Python code. I don't have The Sims 4, but that still made me 100% more curious about Python. xD
I'm a junior (as in professional; done with college) software engineer. My most recent job had me mostly debugging/testing so I'm a little rusty when it comes to the specific syntax of any one language, but on the other hand I can pick up almost any language with ease and speed once I get into the appropriate documents.

Of more immediate use, I can usually explain (pseudo-code) algorithms pretty well / efficiently, grok (and then explain) design patterns and data structures, and I can point out some amusing (maybe useful) quirks of certain languages and compilers—especially Java.

I also dabble in mathematics and general logic, and I really like theoretical stuff in general.

If anyone has questions about those kinds of things, I'll do my best to answer.
I'm a junior (as in professional; done with college) software engineer. My most recent job had me mostly debugging/testing so I'm a little rusty when it comes to the specific syntax of any one language, but on the other hand I can pick up almost any language with ease and speed once I get into the appropriate documents.

Of more immediate use, I can usually explain (pseudo-code) algorithms pretty well / efficiently, grok (and then explain) design patterns and data structures, and I can point out some amusing (maybe useful) quirks of certain languages and compilers—especially Java.

I also dabble in mathematics and general logic, and I really like theoretical stuff in general.

If anyone has questions about those kinds of things, I'll do my best to answer.
I know enough HTML/CSS to get by at the moment. Will be learning more advanced stuff later on next year.

And am learning Python atm.

After I get out of college, will be pursuing other coding languages in my spare time. And am interested in Processing. Though haven't gone to any real lengths to start learning it.
I know enough HTML/CSS to get by at the moment. Will be learning more advanced stuff later on next year.

And am learning Python atm.

After I get out of college, will be pursuing other coding languages in my spare time. And am interested in Processing. Though haven't gone to any real lengths to start learning it.
we learnt a little javascript at school. So i have made my own ping pong game (8
we learnt a little javascript at school. So i have made my own ping pong game (8
gpffYLK.gif
1 2 3