Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Favorite Scary Movies
1 2 3 4 5
@Thaesda
I never really got into Asian horror but a few of my friends say that it is scarier than normal. Is there a US version of One Missed Call? I feel like I've seen that title before. I'll have to check out the Dario Argento movies.

@corbie
Love your list! Vincent Price is very important, you have found your people.

@inklizard
I haven't seen all of Sinister but what I saw was good. I get supremely creeped out by ghost/demon/possession movies. Idle Hands is one of my favorite parody movies! The acting itself is funny.
@Thaesda
I never really got into Asian horror but a few of my friends say that it is scarier than normal. Is there a US version of One Missed Call? I feel like I've seen that title before. I'll have to check out the Dario Argento movies.

@corbie
Love your list! Vincent Price is very important, you have found your people.

@inklizard
I haven't seen all of Sinister but what I saw was good. I get supremely creeped out by ghost/demon/possession movies. Idle Hands is one of my favorite parody movies! The acting itself is funny.
Hail to the Ping, Baby!
@corbie Yeah I wouldn't watch that even if you paid me. The therapy would cost more :P

@revere There is a US version, it was a pretty big flop. The Japanese version I've heard is very different. Basically cuts out all the weird side story part in the US one. But the side story is what makes the Japanese film so great, in my opinion.
@corbie Yeah I wouldn't watch that even if you paid me. The therapy would cost more :P

@revere There is a US version, it was a pretty big flop. The Japanese version I've heard is very different. Basically cuts out all the weird side story part in the US one. But the side story is what makes the Japanese film so great, in my opinion.
tumblr_inline_nfx5micmyj1r6zydg.png
@Thaesda
So if I want to watch this movie I should probably watch the Japanese version.
@Thaesda
So if I want to watch this movie I should probably watch the Japanese version.
Hail to the Ping, Baby!
hmmmm my fav 10 in no specific order is
  • Cabin in the woods
  • The company of wolves
  • Hellraiser 2
  • The fly *80's edition*
  • Evil dead 2
  • The shinning
  • Misery
  • Alien
  • The thing
  • The ring *original*
hmmmm my fav 10 in no specific order is
  • Cabin in the woods
  • The company of wolves
  • Hellraiser 2
  • The fly *80's edition*
  • Evil dead 2
  • The shinning
  • Misery
  • Alien
  • The thing
  • The ring *original*
@Thaesda Awsome list! *hi fives The thing buddy*
@Thaesda Awsome list! *hi fives The thing buddy*
@Yamicool

Great list! Those are some of my favorite scary movies. Everyone on this thread has amazing taste in movies:)
@Yamicool

Great list! Those are some of my favorite scary movies. Everyone on this thread has amazing taste in movies:)
Hail to the Ping, Baby!
@Revere thanks been a horror fan since I was little. Mainly love practical effect films like hell raiser, thing and the fly. Been watching a lot of European flicks too, Ils is interesting and love Troll hunter- not sure wether to class it as horror/found footage/ comedy and Blood glacier has alot of The Thing nods and nice practical effects for a low budget horror
@Revere thanks been a horror fan since I was little. Mainly love practical effect films like hell raiser, thing and the fly. Been watching a lot of European flicks too, Ils is interesting and love Troll hunter- not sure wether to class it as horror/found footage/ comedy and Blood glacier has alot of The Thing nods and nice practical effects for a low budget horror
@yamicool Yeah, looks like we made a lot of the same picks :)

@revere Yes. Unless you want to laugh, then the US one is probably okay :P
@yamicool Yeah, looks like we made a lot of the same picks :)

@revere Yes. Unless you want to laugh, then the US one is probably okay :P
tumblr_inline_nfx5micmyj1r6zydg.png
@Thaesda
I'll watch both! One to laugh and one to make me not wanna sleep at night.
@Thaesda
I'll watch both! One to laugh and one to make me not wanna sleep at night.
Hail to the Ping, Baby!
I'm more into horror games than movies, so my choices are probably lame in comparison to everyone else's lmao but here they are!

1. Resident Evil series (The first one still gives me heebie jeebies and I love it.)
2. Silent Hill (Only the first one, Revelations disappointed me a lot.)
3. Misery
4. Jeepers Creepers
5. Pulse
6. When a Stranger Calls (the remake)
I'm more into horror games than movies, so my choices are probably lame in comparison to everyone else's lmao but here they are!

1. Resident Evil series (The first one still gives me heebie jeebies and I love it.)
2. Silent Hill (Only the first one, Revelations disappointed me a lot.)
3. Misery
4. Jeepers Creepers
5. Pulse
6. When a Stranger Calls (the remake)
JViYfKK.png
1 2 3 4 5