Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Until the site is stable... pause rot
1 2
Egg rot is becoming a real issue with a lot of people, myself included, because of all this lag and the errors popping up.

People are often unable to log in/do things for who knows how long and are loosing eggs because of rot. If not for my roommate being home and able to check my eggs on my computer while I was out yesterday... I would have had lost eggs to it as well, since I couldn't load anything while I was home.

Maybe disable rot until the site stabilizes? or put it on a 2 day timer? Something?
This site is currently almost unplayable as it is with nothing wanting to load... Losing your clutch due to rot because you can't get to it is just adding insult to injury at this point...

Edit: If a mod will PM me, I'll send them a link privately to the discussion about this in my plurk. Since some people can't even access the forms atm...
Edit 2: Changed title to be more descriptive.
Egg rot is becoming a real issue with a lot of people, myself included, because of all this lag and the errors popping up.

People are often unable to log in/do things for who knows how long and are loosing eggs because of rot. If not for my roommate being home and able to check my eggs on my computer while I was out yesterday... I would have had lost eggs to it as well, since I couldn't load anything while I was home.

Maybe disable rot until the site stabilizes? or put it on a 2 day timer? Something?
This site is currently almost unplayable as it is with nothing wanting to load... Losing your clutch due to rot because you can't get to it is just adding insult to injury at this point...

Edit: If a mod will PM me, I'll send them a link privately to the discussion about this in my plurk. Since some people can't even access the forms atm...
Edit 2: Changed title to be more descriptive.
HM%20banner%201.pngHM%20banner%202.pngHM%20banner%203.png
The site lag itself is killing any enjoyment. It took me a good fifteen minutes just to load this page. Please disable egg rot and fix your lag issues. I can't even finished a matching game, or do anything in the Coliseum because of the number of errors that pop up.

For example, I'll be fighting with my clan and all the sudden, I can't do anything because there are no active buttons and then I lose or the game becomes unplayable. I'll time out on the matching game as well because of lag eventhough I have matched everything on the board.

It's extremely frustrating on all counts.
The site lag itself is killing any enjoyment. It took me a good fifteen minutes just to load this page. Please disable egg rot and fix your lag issues. I can't even finished a matching game, or do anything in the Coliseum because of the number of errors that pop up.

For example, I'll be fighting with my clan and all the sudden, I can't do anything because there are no active buttons and then I lose or the game becomes unplayable. I'll time out on the matching game as well because of lag eventhough I have matched everything on the board.

It's extremely frustrating on all counts.
I've been fortunate enough to get the site to load enough to incubate my first clutch, but I know my friends have had a lot of scary close calls with almost losing their eggs. This idea has my support!
I've been fortunate enough to get the site to load enough to incubate my first clutch, but I know my friends have had a lot of scary close calls with almost losing their eggs. This idea has my support!
I agree. It's understandable if people have trouble accessing the games or coliseum due to lag and site stability issues since there's not much to be done about that and they're secondary parts of the game, but I feel like dragon breeding is the main focus of the game and it's unfair to shut people out of it for reasons beyond their control. I can't imagine it'd be hard to switch it off for a while until things are working a bit better
I agree. It's understandable if people have trouble accessing the games or coliseum due to lag and site stability issues since there's not much to be done about that and they're secondary parts of the game, but I feel like dragon breeding is the main focus of the game and it's unfair to shut people out of it for reasons beyond their control. I can't imagine it'd be hard to switch it off for a while until things are working a bit better
Adding my support here, as while I have been lucky enough to get to my nesting ground and such, I know friends that are having massive difficulties, some not even being able to log in, much less incubate their nests.

At least until the lag and stability issues are cleared up people should not have to worry about losing their eggs. Even just freezing nests so that the counters don't move on them *unless* they are incubated by the player would be a huge benefit to every one.
Adding my support here, as while I have been lucky enough to get to my nesting ground and such, I know friends that are having massive difficulties, some not even being able to log in, much less incubate their nests.

At least until the lag and stability issues are cleared up people should not have to worry about losing their eggs. Even just freezing nests so that the counters don't move on them *unless* they are incubated by the player would be a huge benefit to every one.
Support. I think if the site is going down or being put into maintenence mode, all aging of dragons and nests should be frozen. I just don't know if that is doable?
Support. I think if the site is going down or being put into maintenence mode, all aging of dragons and nests should be frozen. I just don't know if that is doable?
MuwAAse.png
this, considering this is the first time I've managed to get the site to load all day I'd be irritated if I had eggs and had lost any of them.
this, considering this is the first time I've managed to get the site to load all day I'd be irritated if I had eggs and had lost any of them.
Freeze everything. Egg Rot and Feeding. It's disheartening. I found this game on a whim on Kickstarter after donating to Stronghold, and fell in love as I -love- dragons. I loved dragoncave but would get frustrated at never catching any rare dragons, so this site made me happy. Being able to plan ahead for a bunch of my dragon characters from fanfics totally has me stoked.

T-T now it makes me sad cause I can't be bothered to do ANYTHING due to all the lag.

Servers or not, the fact I keep seeing new things (familiars and such) getting introduced, not being able to make money is brutal. I was trying to sell my dragons (white/royal) without even knowing the market tanked cause I can't see due to page time outs.
Freeze everything. Egg Rot and Feeding. It's disheartening. I found this game on a whim on Kickstarter after donating to Stronghold, and fell in love as I -love- dragons. I loved dragoncave but would get frustrated at never catching any rare dragons, so this site made me happy. Being able to plan ahead for a bunch of my dragon characters from fanfics totally has me stoked.

T-T now it makes me sad cause I can't be bothered to do ANYTHING due to all the lag.

Servers or not, the fact I keep seeing new things (familiars and such) getting introduced, not being able to make money is brutal. I was trying to sell my dragons (white/royal) without even knowing the market tanked cause I can't see due to page time outs.
Yeah, the only reason I haven't lost eggs is because I work nights and get home at the lowest lag times in the morning. I still can't access any of the stuff in fairegrounds or the coliseum and gathering stuff is hit or miss on if it works. I still can only tolerate it for half an hour a day.
Yeah, the only reason I haven't lost eggs is because I work nights and get home at the lowest lag times in the morning. I still can't access any of the stuff in fairegrounds or the coliseum and gathering stuff is hit or miss on if it works. I still can only tolerate it for half an hour a day.
2saxi4o.jpg
Completely support. I wasn't able to get on most of all of today and a good portion of yesterday. :|
Completely support. I wasn't able to get on most of all of today and a good portion of yesterday. :|
1 2