Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How Competitive is your Flight?
1 2 3 4 5
A friend is joining Flight Rising on the next registration window (yeah I know this is way in advance but once he asked I wanted to know too) and had some questions about the flights. I wasn't able to figure out this information by googling or the wiki, and previous threads seem to have wildly differing opinions (some say Fire is SO COMPETITIVE, FOR THE GLORY OF FLAMEMAMA and some say we just hang out and do our own thing, when the reality is somewhere in between) so where better than the forums?

-Which flights compete most often for Dominance?
-Which flights have the biggest rivalry?
-Do any flights have reputations for being 'sore losers' or 'bad sports'?

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers, I've spent much more time on the Fire forums than the public ones so I don't have that good of an impression of the other flights!
A friend is joining Flight Rising on the next registration window (yeah I know this is way in advance but once he asked I wanted to know too) and had some questions about the flights. I wasn't able to figure out this information by googling or the wiki, and previous threads seem to have wildly differing opinions (some say Fire is SO COMPETITIVE, FOR THE GLORY OF FLAMEMAMA and some say we just hang out and do our own thing, when the reality is somewhere in between) so where better than the forums?

-Which flights compete most often for Dominance?
-Which flights have the biggest rivalry?
-Do any flights have reputations for being 'sore losers' or 'bad sports'?

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers, I've spent much more time on the Fire forums than the public ones so I don't have that good of an impression of the other flights!
Constant wanderer.
Lightning seems pretty competitive and organized
Lightning seems pretty competitive and organized
All I know is that Light and Shadow like to have their big show down. Which are totally fun to watch. Ice gets pretty into it when we have an organized date.
All I know is that Light and Shadow like to have their big show down. Which are totally fun to watch. Ice gets pretty into it when we have an organized date.
FFNapYi.pngtumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro5_250.gifFFNapYi.png
- Which flights compete most often for Dominance?
Not too sure, to be honest -- though it seems like a lot of people consider Plague to be the current "dom powerhouse"! It changes from time to time, though.

I have to admit, I think we've (Light) been doing a very good job with our last few pushes, even though we (used to?) have a reputation of not being too into dominance.

- Which flights have the biggest rivalry?
Not sure if it's the biggest, though there's always the classic Light vs Shadow rivalry!

- Do any flights have reputations for being 'sore losers' or 'bad sports'?
I don't think so? It's sort of difficult to answer questions like these because ultimately you can't really broadly generalize flights, ahaha.

I'm sure most flights have at least a few troublemakers, but they'd be in the minority. The majority of the FR userbase seems very kind to me, regardless of which flight they're from. :D
- Which flights compete most often for Dominance?
Not too sure, to be honest -- though it seems like a lot of people consider Plague to be the current "dom powerhouse"! It changes from time to time, though.

I have to admit, I think we've (Light) been doing a very good job with our last few pushes, even though we (used to?) have a reputation of not being too into dominance.

- Which flights have the biggest rivalry?
Not sure if it's the biggest, though there's always the classic Light vs Shadow rivalry!

- Do any flights have reputations for being 'sore losers' or 'bad sports'?
I don't think so? It's sort of difficult to answer questions like these because ultimately you can't really broadly generalize flights, ahaha.

I'm sure most flights have at least a few troublemakers, but they'd be in the minority. The majority of the FR userbase seems very kind to me, regardless of which flight they're from. :D
0mIsv0N.png
Shadow's only really competitive when we have a dom battle coming up. We usually just talk about random things, then when there's a dom battle and BAM! SNIPERS AND COOKIE CRUMBS EVERYWHERE. Other than that, wer'e really just another game form with people handing out cookies and hugs everywhere. I love shadow.
Shadow's only really competitive when we have a dom battle coming up. We usually just talk about random things, then when there's a dom battle and BAM! SNIPERS AND COOKIE CRUMBS EVERYWHERE. Other than that, wer'e really just another game form with people handing out cookies and hugs everywhere. I love shadow.
:V
@Bow now I want cookies....

Thanks @ProfessorTammi, @B1ueFlame, and @Pokemon for input as well :D
@Bow now I want cookies....

Thanks @ProfessorTammi, @B1ueFlame, and @Pokemon for input as well :D
Constant wanderer.
@Pantera *hands you a basket full of cookies and gives you a fuzzy tundra hug*
@Pantera *hands you a basket full of cookies and gives you a fuzzy tundra hug*
:V
the flights who compete most often for dom is usually either plague or ice - plague has a really really organized exaltation system and my experience w/ it is that we won nearly all of the realdeal pushes and most of the profit pushes :o

as for rivalry, shadow vs light is all i can really think of

and for sore losers, that's pretty much all flights, honestly! after all dom battles there's always at least one person that whines and complains. some flights have a worse reputation for doing it than others but its usually just a v. loud minority
the flights who compete most often for dom is usually either plague or ice - plague has a really really organized exaltation system and my experience w/ it is that we won nearly all of the realdeal pushes and most of the profit pushes :o

as for rivalry, shadow vs light is all i can really think of

and for sore losers, that's pretty much all flights, honestly! after all dom battles there's always at least one person that whines and complains. some flights have a worse reputation for doing it than others but its usually just a v. loud minority
HW1kbhn.gif
Well... I can't talk for our whole flight but... After Shadow lost our dom battle against Light I sulked for about 2 weeks offline while crying about the pretties I sent to Mama...
*cries into my cookies*
Well... I can't talk for our whole flight but... After Shadow lost our dom battle against Light I sulked for about 2 weeks offline while crying about the pretties I sent to Mama...
*cries into my cookies*
tumblr_n6xkeuWqvA1sl6hkto1_r1_500.gif
I can say that wind and Arcane have a pretty big rivalry, as we're battling for most people in out flights.
I can say that wind and Arcane have a pretty big rivalry, as we're battling for most people in out flights.
3bzXjk2.png
1 2 3 4 5