Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | First gens??
1 2
Can someone explain the hype of first gens to me? Why do people care about them? Like wow they have no parents congratulations. I dont get it??
Can someone explain the hype of first gens to me? Why do people care about them? Like wow they have no parents congratulations. I dont get it??
UbNqU42.pngXMMAldy.pngjSxCuqs.pngcMYtgIM.png
FLIGHT RISING: HARD MODE

okay semi-serious answer I saw someone a while back saying it's like seeing a plain old caterpillar and turning it into a beautiful butterfly yourself.

It's fun! Though, in retrospect you don't want to think how much treasure we dump into them. :'D
FLIGHT RISING: HARD MODE

okay semi-serious answer I saw someone a while back saying it's like seeing a plain old caterpillar and turning it into a beautiful butterfly yourself.

It's fun! Though, in retrospect you don't want to think how much treasure we dump into them. :'D
I don't know, why does anyone care about any dragon?
Ooo they have genes and colors. Congratulations!

But not to be sarcastic, it's just some people's thing. Like how some people like wildclaw's and some people like coatl's. It's not like they're more special than any other dragons. But some people like them.
That's really all there is to it. There's no more reason why someone likes first gens than someone would like coatls.

Personally, I like them because they're a blank slate to work on.
I don't know, why does anyone care about any dragon?
Ooo they have genes and colors. Congratulations!

But not to be sarcastic, it's just some people's thing. Like how some people like wildclaw's and some people like coatl's. It's not like they're more special than any other dragons. But some people like them.
That's really all there is to it. There's no more reason why someone likes first gens than someone would like coatls.

Personally, I like them because they're a blank slate to work on.
@lolikisses I think for most people it's the challenge of building a dragon from the ground up, as well as the plus of that dragon being guaranteed to have zero breeding conflicts with any other dragon on the site, since no parents and whatnot.
@lolikisses I think for most people it's the challenge of building a dragon from the ground up, as well as the plus of that dragon being guaranteed to have zero breeding conflicts with any other dragon on the site, since no parents and whatnot.
@lolikisses well no parents means you don't have to worry about bloodlines! plus i like project dragons! it's a big investment (that i will probably never get a good return from) but i've found it to be very personally rewarding! Seeing a finished dragon after you've spent all that time and treasure/gems to reach that point is really great. it's the most satisfying i've felt playing fr tbh.
@lolikisses well no parents means you don't have to worry about bloodlines! plus i like project dragons! it's a big investment (that i will probably never get a good return from) but i've found it to be very personally rewarding! Seeing a finished dragon after you've spent all that time and treasure/gems to reach that point is really great. it's the most satisfying i've felt playing fr tbh.
@Marymalade Thats kind of what I was thinking, the o breeding problems thing. I just see them /everywhere/. And then I just saw this one person looking for breeding partners and would ONLY allowed gen ones to mate with her gen ones. Which i didnt? Understand??

I dont understand the hype at all ;u; but to each their own
@Marymalade Thats kind of what I was thinking, the o breeding problems thing. I just see them /everywhere/. And then I just saw this one person looking for breeding partners and would ONLY allowed gen ones to mate with her gen ones. Which i didnt? Understand??

I dont understand the hype at all ;u; but to each their own
@momoi Personal achievement, yea, I get that. But why gen ones? Why not just any all basic dragon?
@momoi Personal achievement, yea, I get that. But why gen ones? Why not just any all basic dragon?
I have quite a few gen ones! (disclaimer: by 'quite a few' I mean 'I think like five maybe??')
The appeal of them (imo) is that they're a blank slate with no past. It's super fun (if absolutely money-consuming ;-;).
It's kinda like being able to have more progens!

Also, they're COMPLETELY YOURS, and that's a pretty fab feeling.
I have quite a few gen ones! (disclaimer: by 'quite a few' I mean 'I think like five maybe??')
The appeal of them (imo) is that they're a blank slate with no past. It's super fun (if absolutely money-consuming ;-;).
It's kinda like being able to have more progens!

Also, they're COMPLETELY YOURS, and that's a pretty fab feeling.
ctFAI4k.gif
@lolikisses like i said, no parents so you are free to breed them off to whomever with no worries. also gen1s require more work i guess (since it's harder to get an unhatched egg/buy an unhatched egg or a gen1 than it is to just buy a basic baby on the ah) some people really just like the challenge.
@lolikisses like i said, no parents so you are free to breed them off to whomever with no worries. also gen1s require more work i guess (since it's harder to get an unhatched egg/buy an unhatched egg or a gen1 than it is to just buy a basic baby on the ah) some people really just like the challenge.
I keep gen1s for several reasons (not necessarily in order of personal importance):
1. it adds to the challenge. Why not any basic dragons? Simply because there are thousands of those. Gen1, there are only a few, and the trick is to get your hands on the right ones.
2. the clean slate. It might be selfish, but I want to be able to think of any history for my dragons, without accidentally hurting the owner of the parents.
3. RP. My clan is a orphanage.. Not quite possible if the dragons actually have parents. Gen1s don't, and therefore they fit in my lair..
I keep gen1s for several reasons (not necessarily in order of personal importance):
1. it adds to the challenge. Why not any basic dragons? Simply because there are thousands of those. Gen1, there are only a few, and the trick is to get your hands on the right ones.
2. the clean slate. It might be selfish, but I want to be able to think of any history for my dragons, without accidentally hurting the owner of the parents.
3. RP. My clan is a orphanage.. Not quite possible if the dragons actually have parents. Gen1s don't, and therefore they fit in my lair..
1 2