Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Automatic Incubation Toggle?
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page
Please can the FR devs add a setting which automatically incubates your nest once everyday? This can be an optional setting as some players like hatching eggs on certain days, and for others, this can be helpful for those who are on hiatus/forget about the site. I surmise that one could refer to it as a "reverse egg rot"?
Please can the FR devs add a setting which automatically incubates your nest once everyday? This can be an optional setting as some players like hatching eggs on certain days, and for others, this can be helpful for those who are on hiatus/forget about the site. I surmise that one could refer to it as a "reverse egg rot"?
ZGyIiJq.png cLyqlLC.pngBtqrfPP.png
Considering how the whole breeding mechanic is set up, this feels like "make the game play itself" setting, so - no support.
Considering how the whole breeding mechanic is set up, this feels like "make the game play itself" setting, so - no support.
JQQ3Fjt.png
An optional setting to have the site incubate for us automatically would undermine the entire task of having to incubate nests as a gameplay function. Most users would toggle it on and then never interact with incubation ever again, making that aspect of gameplay completely redundant.

Nesting is the main way to infinitely generate dragons into the game, which are critical to the game economy. Players need to put in the full effort (breeding and incubation) to bring these dragons into play.

Egg rot is long gone, so if a player forgets or takes a hiatus, the eggs will still be waiting for them when they remember/return.
There are no consequences for missing an incubation day. (If hatching on a specific date is especially important to you, then it's best that you make sure you don't forget! Mark your calendar, put a sticky note on your computer monitor, etc. It's not the game's duty to interject.)

No support.
An optional setting to have the site incubate for us automatically would undermine the entire task of having to incubate nests as a gameplay function. Most users would toggle it on and then never interact with incubation ever again, making that aspect of gameplay completely redundant.

Nesting is the main way to infinitely generate dragons into the game, which are critical to the game economy. Players need to put in the full effort (breeding and incubation) to bring these dragons into play.

Egg rot is long gone, so if a player forgets or takes a hiatus, the eggs will still be waiting for them when they remember/return.
There are no consequences for missing an incubation day. (If hatching on a specific date is especially important to you, then it's best that you make sure you don't forget! Mark your calendar, put a sticky note on your computer monitor, etc. It's not the game's duty to interject.)

No support.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
No support for reasons given by others.

Automatic incubation removes the need to interact/care for your eggs, so rather than put in a new feature to circumvent this, it'd be easier to just remove the incubation entirely and just have it be nest dragons & then just wait 5 days.

This would also make things like Boon & Clutchwarmer redundant, and given they are gem items and therefore may generate site income, means this would likely never be added by staff.

I also assume it would also allow bots to nest and breed dragons if the process was able to be 'turned automatic' - which in itself would be bad for the sites economy given that this would result in a crazy amount of fodder.

Clicking once per day on a nest really isn't that tedious? As others have stated, if you forget a day or two, theres no punishment for it other than the nest will hatch a day (or two) later. If you're finding it tedious to remember to do, perhaps don't breed your dragons?
No support for reasons given by others.

Automatic incubation removes the need to interact/care for your eggs, so rather than put in a new feature to circumvent this, it'd be easier to just remove the incubation entirely and just have it be nest dragons & then just wait 5 days.

This would also make things like Boon & Clutchwarmer redundant, and given they are gem items and therefore may generate site income, means this would likely never be added by staff.

I also assume it would also allow bots to nest and breed dragons if the process was able to be 'turned automatic' - which in itself would be bad for the sites economy given that this would result in a crazy amount of fodder.

Clicking once per day on a nest really isn't that tedious? As others have stated, if you forget a day or two, theres no punishment for it other than the nest will hatch a day (or two) later. If you're finding it tedious to remember to do, perhaps don't breed your dragons?
972ee6408be03363898b64bb29e640034b1310b4.png7667dd2c536ecd719b369737ff16de5f7adb05d1.pnge6cfb360af67b7bc3881ae209414f2ca128d5b19.png
No support as others have mentioned, but I'd also like to bring up that some players time their nests to hatch on certain days (mostly around anniversaries, birthdays, holidays, etc.). Automatic incubation could throw a wrench in the plans of anyone who was a day or two off on the initial breeding date.

Also, incubation REALLY doesn't take that much time. I breed fodder, and it's rare for my nests to be empty. Every day, I log on and spam click through my nests to incubate them. I never forget because the Which Waystone always prompts me to incubate my nests. It takes not even 10 seconds of playtime to do so. There's no punishment if I miss a day, it just takes me one day longer to get my hatchlings.

No support.
No support as others have mentioned, but I'd also like to bring up that some players time their nests to hatch on certain days (mostly around anniversaries, birthdays, holidays, etc.). Automatic incubation could throw a wrench in the plans of anyone who was a day or two off on the initial breeding date.

Also, incubation REALLY doesn't take that much time. I breed fodder, and it's rare for my nests to be empty. Every day, I log on and spam click through my nests to incubate them. I never forget because the Which Waystone always prompts me to incubate my nests. It takes not even 10 seconds of playtime to do so. There's no punishment if I miss a day, it just takes me one day longer to get my hatchlings.

No support.
ytkEBod.png
5iXiC8z.png
tyEuRXe.png
9PstSFT.png
Wn6vGC1.png
IrmwTXC.png
JuaytuP.png
mlHpBMC.png
nmHdjnM.png
loimysO.png
..…….
look-at-my-fursona-her-name-is-Marsh.png
wind.gif you-WILL-look-at-my-fursona.png
No support! Egg rot is gone, so there's no punishment for not incubating your eggs.
No support! Egg rot is gone, so there's no punishment for not incubating your eggs.
z2Icd4f.png
x
Echo
(they/she/fae)
+0 fr time
6c0jmrg.png
x
goals / challenges
color wheel obelisks
stock the pond
"reverse egg rot" you mean what we have now? which is eggs being able to sit on nests indefinitely without risk of losing them due to inactivity?

eh no support, it doesnt really feel like a feasible thing to include in the game when incubation is at most 5 clicks a day if you have all nests unlocked an occupied
"reverse egg rot" you mean what we have now? which is eggs being able to sit on nests indefinitely without risk of losing them due to inactivity?

eh no support, it doesnt really feel like a feasible thing to include in the game when incubation is at most 5 clicks a day if you have all nests unlocked an occupied
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
No support for the reasons others have stated, but I'm going to add the smaller thing that visiting your nests to incubate them means you are changing pages, loading adds, and thus helping to fund the site. Remove that from the game and I feel like it would mean a hit to the sites income, which we as players should not want.

If they were to add anything related to nests and incubation, I'd just want a delayed hatch / pause hatch option to avoid accidentally hatching a nest you want to wait for a specific day on, but that is likely a topic for another thread.
No support for the reasons others have stated, but I'm going to add the smaller thing that visiting your nests to incubate them means you are changing pages, loading adds, and thus helping to fund the site. Remove that from the game and I feel like it would mean a hit to the sites income, which we as players should not want.

If they were to add anything related to nests and incubation, I'd just want a delayed hatch / pause hatch option to avoid accidentally hatching a nest you want to wait for a specific day on, but that is likely a topic for another thread.
Account less than a year old? Ask me about free dragons!
Bought and kept some of my fodder? Ask me about a free renaming scroll!

Does putting lore on dragons ever get less daunting?
If you're trying to hatch eggs on certain days, you can always set the nest up way ahead of time and just wait until that day comes for you to hatch it. Eggs will sit indefinitely until then, with no downsides. I do it all the time because I often lack the space to hatch all my nests when they are ready.

It.... doesn't really help those who go on hiatus but then again... if the person doesn't come back to hatch on a certain day, if that's what they initially wanted... they probably weren't going to come back without some sort of offsite reminder anyway...? I don't see how this feature would help them? Again, the nest will remain as is until they return.

If you're having difficulties keeping oneself engaged with the site, especially one of the primary features that requires you to log in, and you end up taking long breaks.... I don't see how a feature that plays the game for you helps you want to come back.

And if they aren't ready due to incubation periods there's items you can buy to help hatch them sooner if you don't want to wait. So I don't see the point there either, sorry.
If you're trying to hatch eggs on certain days, you can always set the nest up way ahead of time and just wait until that day comes for you to hatch it. Eggs will sit indefinitely until then, with no downsides. I do it all the time because I often lack the space to hatch all my nests when they are ready.

It.... doesn't really help those who go on hiatus but then again... if the person doesn't come back to hatch on a certain day, if that's what they initially wanted... they probably weren't going to come back without some sort of offsite reminder anyway...? I don't see how this feature would help them? Again, the nest will remain as is until they return.

If you're having difficulties keeping oneself engaged with the site, especially one of the primary features that requires you to log in, and you end up taking long breaks.... I don't see how a feature that plays the game for you helps you want to come back.

And if they aren't ready due to incubation periods there's items you can buy to help hatch them sooner if you don't want to wait. So I don't see the point there either, sorry.

Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
actuallyadinosaur a tiny doodle of a small goose like dinosaur with yellow beak white feathers and red eyes
No support for the reasons others have mentioned.

The only way I could potentially see this being added in a less obtrusive way (in regards to the amount of dragons generated and whatnot) would be to make it cost a lot of gems. Kind of like a subscription but you can just buy a month and then renew it on the final day or something. Even then, I wouldn't want to see this for FR because there's no real consequence for not incubating a nest (and hasn't been for years). It's not like other sites that offer this feature (usually as a premium, mind you) where there's some sort of hefty penalty like losing the nest.

So yeah. No support period. It's just super unnecessary.
No support for the reasons others have mentioned.

The only way I could potentially see this being added in a less obtrusive way (in regards to the amount of dragons generated and whatnot) would be to make it cost a lot of gems. Kind of like a subscription but you can just buy a month and then renew it on the final day or something. Even then, I wouldn't want to see this for FR because there's no real consequence for not incubating a nest (and hasn't been for years). It's not like other sites that offer this feature (usually as a premium, mind you) where there's some sort of hefty penalty like losing the nest.

So yeah. No support period. It's just super unnecessary.
39981.png
G3 Imperial & Lineage Hatchery
G1s & Misc Dragon Sales
Selling a scrolled G2 female Imperial? PM me!
I tend to be blunt. Don't take it personally; it's not.
47507.png
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page