Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Imperial Woes (G1 lair)
I believe it would be a better way to begin to build your lair from the dragons you like, rather than just deciding to be a certain type of lair. The lair will gradually evolve into what it is meant to be. It is all right to take time.

If you are going with G1 lair, there is nothing wrong with it. There is nothing wrong with G2 Imperial dragons either.
I believe it would be a better way to begin to build your lair from the dragons you like, rather than just deciding to be a certain type of lair. The lair will gradually evolve into what it is meant to be. It is all right to take time.

If you are going with G1 lair, there is nothing wrong with it. There is nothing wrong with G2 Imperial dragons either.
To all the others who have said that they shouldn't commit to being G1 only so early on - surely thats up to the OP to decide? I mean its their lair after all ^^

To the original statement in hand, if you want to be G1 only, but still keep a few Imp's, you can always keep them separately in the Hibernal Den if you're unsure about keeping G2+ in your main lair.

Hib Den is great for that sort of thing ^^
To all the others who have said that they shouldn't commit to being G1 only so early on - surely thats up to the OP to decide? I mean its their lair after all ^^

To the original statement in hand, if you want to be G1 only, but still keep a few Imp's, you can always keep them separately in the Hibernal Den if you're unsure about keeping G2+ in your main lair.

Hib Den is great for that sort of thing ^^
972ee6408be03363898b64bb29e640034b1310b4.png7667dd2c536ecd719b369737ff16de5f7adb05d1.pnge6cfb360af67b7bc3881ae209414f2ca128d5b19.png
I'm a G1-only clan. My playstyle of owning only G1s is more than just a personal restriction or preference - I am not able to enjoy G2+ dragons at all. I get no joy from them.

I am forever salty that I will never be able to have Imperials in my clan that I feel any kind of personal attachment to. :'D A limited time exclusive breed requiring real-world-currency with a third party was a mistake.
I'm a G1-only clan. My playstyle of owning only G1s is more than just a personal restriction or preference - I am not able to enjoy G2+ dragons at all. I get no joy from them.

I am forever salty that I will never be able to have Imperials in my clan that I feel any kind of personal attachment to. :'D A limited time exclusive breed requiring real-world-currency with a third party was a mistake.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
Well, for me it’s not so much the feeling of cheating, but a sense of detachment when I don’t build them up from scratch myself. That said, I do have a 7-digit imp with lovely colors. However, I’m thinking of scattering them for reasons mentioned above.

I also have a couple of perfectly normal non-G1’s from when I first started. They will be staying forever, because I feel strongly connected to them.
Well, for me it’s not so much the feeling of cheating, but a sense of detachment when I don’t build them up from scratch myself. That said, I do have a 7-digit imp with lovely colors. However, I’m thinking of scattering them for reasons mentioned above.

I also have a couple of perfectly normal non-G1’s from when I first started. They will be staying forever, because I feel strongly connected to them.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa U1qRAMx.gif
credit: Bealfin
Honestly yeah Imps are the number one and tbh Only reason I'm not a G1 lair. Most of my lore comes from Emperor dragons and the fear of them. Trying to force myself to shove all of it away and once again redo a lot of lore would just suck.
Honestly yeah Imps are the number one and tbh Only reason I'm not a G1 lair. Most of my lore comes from Emperor dragons and the fear of them. Trying to force myself to shove all of it away and once again redo a lot of lore would just suck.
wUPafb6.png
RGeeKht.pngdeathseeker_caw_inv_zpsxpt2usp7.gif
Imps just became my one breed that doesn't need to be G1. Otherwise, I'm G1 only, and I gon't get new imps very often. I did manage to snag a G2 imp earlier this year, but I'd rather just let myself buy any old imp on the AH than restrict myself to G2's only, on top of the cost and time it takes to finish a regular old G1.
Imps just became my one breed that doesn't need to be G1. Otherwise, I'm G1 only, and I gon't get new imps very often. I did manage to snag a G2 imp earlier this year, but I'd rather just let myself buy any old imp on the AH than restrict myself to G2's only, on top of the cost and time it takes to finish a regular old G1.
I'm a g1 lair and I break that rule if I see an imp uma I like. I don't restrict it to just g2 imps personally but that's just because I don't really mind how many gens out the imp is. I think it all comes down to personal preference so if you really want an imp, I'd say go for it and try not to sweat that it won't be a g1!
I'm a g1 lair and I break that rule if I see an imp uma I like. I don't restrict it to just g2 imps personally but that's just because I don't really mind how many gens out the imp is. I think it all comes down to personal preference so if you really want an imp, I'd say go for it and try not to sweat that it won't be a g1!
i3VCiEO.png
ALL THEY SEE IS A SHADOW
SHE/HER
G1 LAIR
FR +2
I consider myself a G1 lair, but I still have a TON of g2+ dragons, because I feel like being a 100% G1 lair is incredibly limiting considering breeding dragons is such an integral part of the site.

So I have quite a few g2+ breeding pairs kicking around because hatching out new babies is fun, and I love free fodder.

I think for many g1 lairs, Imps are often the exception as they're an incredibly gorgeous breed and to rob yourself of all the potential (the female pose and skins are EVERYTHING) kills the fun of it for me. ;w;

Funny enough, I don't really like imps... I'm still waiting to see one i like for a dream skin of mine haha.
I consider myself a G1 lair, but I still have a TON of g2+ dragons, because I feel like being a 100% G1 lair is incredibly limiting considering breeding dragons is such an integral part of the site.

So I have quite a few g2+ breeding pairs kicking around because hatching out new babies is fun, and I love free fodder.

I think for many g1 lairs, Imps are often the exception as they're an incredibly gorgeous breed and to rob yourself of all the potential (the female pose and skins are EVERYTHING) kills the fun of it for me. ;w;

Funny enough, I don't really like imps... I'm still waiting to see one i like for a dream skin of mine haha.
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | She/they | 3+ FR Time | Wishlist
  • nothing's new...
I'd say it depends on what makes you like G1s in the first place. Depending on what it is, it might be possible to somewhat recreate that feeling with Imperials.

I'm a G1-only lair, but I do own Imperials. But most of those Imperials, well, I've bred them myself. Those that I haven't bred, I've regened in some way or they were just perfect for a UMA I had. Breeding Imperials / Regening them gives me a feeling of accomplishment; not exactly the same I get by geneing G1s, but it's close enough that I don't feel like it's cheating.

So maybe you could start some breeding projects, that way your Imperials will feel more special than if you had just bought them on the AH! Or you could do as some other people have said, and look into special Imperials : low IDs, G2s, special IDs, lineage dragons... Your plague-eyed restriction could make for an interesting challenge.
I'd say it depends on what makes you like G1s in the first place. Depending on what it is, it might be possible to somewhat recreate that feeling with Imperials.

I'm a G1-only lair, but I do own Imperials. But most of those Imperials, well, I've bred them myself. Those that I haven't bred, I've regened in some way or they were just perfect for a UMA I had. Breeding Imperials / Regening them gives me a feeling of accomplishment; not exactly the same I get by geneing G1s, but it's close enough that I don't feel like it's cheating.

So maybe you could start some breeding projects, that way your Imperials will feel more special than if you had just bought them on the AH! Or you could do as some other people have said, and look into special Imperials : low IDs, G2s, special IDs, lineage dragons... Your plague-eyed restriction could make for an interesting challenge.
hpig.png
I have a handful of non g1 dragons and that includes my 2 g2 imps. I thought that if I have my 4 I cannot part with, and my 5 digits along with them, what's the harm in adding some g2 imps as well
I have a handful of non g1 dragons and that includes my 2 g2 imps. I thought that if I have my 4 I cannot part with, and my 5 digits along with them, what's the harm in adding some g2 imps as well
She/Her | PM me about saving a fodder dragon :)
cSQQuYb.png