Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Songs you hate. From artists you love.
@raiGN
OMG I am hi fiving you... If Lose my Breath had been out when I posted, it would have been on there. Genuinely not good.

I won't say I completely hate all SKZ's new stuff, but it has reached a point where I'm enjoying 2 b-sides per album. There hasn't been a title track I've liked since Case 143, and even that's just alright, not great.

I miss being able to get passionate about their music...
@raiGN
OMG I am hi fiving you... If Lose my Breath had been out when I posted, it would have been on there. Genuinely not good.

I won't say I completely hate all SKZ's new stuff, but it has reached a point where I'm enjoying 2 b-sides per album. There hasn't been a title track I've liked since Case 143, and even that's just alright, not great.

I miss being able to get passionate about their music...
7eb73ea7ba19f787490a57822f0ee4885760d03e.png
[quote name="Birdarang" date="2024-04-08 07:46:57" ] In the past few years I've basically stopped enjoying nearly all of Stray Kids' new music. Unfortunately their popularity only goes up and up and most of the newer fans don't know the older music that I love so much so. After about 5 years it's time to move on. Some specific examples would be: Hall of Fame Comflex(only good thing about this one is my bias's lines) Megaverse These are also songs that they perform very often now. I can't stand all these songs that are like "we're so awesome look at how awesome we are" in the lyrics. Don't tell me you're great, show me. (Everyone else in this thread has great music taste and here I am complaining about my Korean boy band...) [/quote] crying bc I feel the same way,,, something shifted after God's Menu (really, farther back than that... probs Levanter) for me and I still keep up w them, but their recent TTs have been unfortunate misses,,,good BSides though! ----- anyways, love Sleep Token, do not love Fields of Elation Probably because it's OLD old (8 years) and the lead vocalist was much younger- like you can hear how young he is- and this was before their current theme, they were trying everything, can't blame em! But it's rough, man also I like PVRIS! But the song they did for the Jigsaw movie soundtrack Sacrificial makes me panic, I hate it a lot (idk what they put in that song, cannot get into it) It's funny, I actually don't hate a lot of songs from my faves, because I don't listen to the artists of the songs I [i]do[/i] hate (makes eye contact with Cruel Summer)
Birdarang wrote on 2024-04-08 07:46:57:
In the past few years I've basically stopped enjoying nearly all of Stray Kids' new music. Unfortunately their popularity only goes up and up and most of the newer fans don't know the older music that I love so much so. After about 5 years it's time to move on.

Some specific examples would be:
Hall of Fame
Comflex(only good thing about this one is my bias's lines)
Megaverse

These are also songs that they perform very often now. I can't stand all these songs that are like "we're so awesome look at how awesome we are" in the lyrics. Don't tell me you're great, show me.

(Everyone else in this thread has great music taste and here I am complaining about my Korean boy band...)

crying bc I feel the same way,,, something shifted after God's Menu (really, farther back than that... probs Levanter) for me and I still keep up w them, but their recent TTs have been unfortunate misses,,,good BSides though!
anyways, love Sleep Token, do not love Fields of Elation
Probably because it's OLD old (8 years) and the lead vocalist was much younger- like you can hear how young he is- and this was before their current theme, they were trying everything, can't blame em! But it's rough, man

also I like PVRIS! But the song they did for the Jigsaw movie soundtrack Sacrificial makes me panic, I hate it a lot (idk what they put in that song, cannot get into it)

It's funny, I actually don't hate a lot of songs from my faves, because I don't listen to the artists of the songs I do hate (makes eye contact with Cruel Summer)
db3a6508ed61d07a038b5952b4aa3c12393e78b6.png
Fen / Vyrus | FR +3
Traveling Dragon Thread! | CS acct Clearance for FR
[quote name="Rogue" date="2024-07-12 10:30:28" ] Happier by Bastille. I love every other song by them, but that one... I don't like it, lol. And it gets played too much. [/quote] True... I really like Bastille but I am just so TIRED of hearing this everywhere I go. Something about his voice here is really grating to me. I don't know why. as for me, I like Coldplay... I hate Something Just Like This. Similar to the above, I've just heard it too much. Also Owl City and Good Time. Everything else by Owl City is fine, it's just That specific song... I don't know why.
Rogue wrote on 2024-07-12 10:30:28:
Happier by Bastille. I love every other song by them, but that one... I don't like it, lol. And it gets played too much.

True... I really like Bastille but I am just so TIRED of hearing this everywhere I go. Something about his voice here is really grating to me. I don't know why.

as for me, I like Coldplay... I hate Something Just Like This. Similar to the above, I've just heard it too much. Also Owl City and Good Time. Everything else by Owl City is fine, it's just That specific song... I don't know why.
Fishes __ she/her | +3 FR time
wishlist | avatar
____
c7f927562db794324e2d8df76f939ee553b9c321.png
[quote name="FenVyrus" date="2024-07-15 14:13:08" ] crying bc I feel the same way,,, something shifted after God's Menu (really, farther back than that... probs Levanter) for me and I still keep up w them, but their recent TTs have been unfortunate misses,,,good BSides though! ----- [/quote] The last really good one for me was probably Levanter... I think, given the consistency of this style since God's Menu/Back Door, that SKZ have found their sound. Unfortunately that sound is... not so good. I should have known when Chan said their niche was "annoying music". I'm always glad to find some people who share this struggle though!
FenVyrus wrote on 2024-07-15 14:13:08:
crying bc I feel the same way,,, something shifted after God's Menu (really, farther back than that... probs Levanter) for me and I still keep up w them, but their recent TTs have been unfortunate misses,,,good BSides though!

The last really good one for me was probably Levanter... I think, given the consistency of this style since God's Menu/Back Door, that SKZ have found their sound. Unfortunately that sound is... not so good. I should have known when Chan said their niche was "annoying music". I'm always glad to find some people who share this struggle though!
7eb73ea7ba19f787490a57822f0ee4885760d03e.png
@Fiashes omg Good Time makes me so angry like it’s so…campy in a bad way? Toxically positive? Just weird?
@Fiashes omg Good Time makes me so angry like it’s so…campy in a bad way? Toxically positive? Just weird?
Love The Oh Hellos and I can't say I hate any of their songs to be honest, but there are a few I enjoy less. Rounds, from Zephyrus, I just can't get into it which is too bad since it's the final song of their Anemoi/Four Winds albums and I really want to enjoy it as the finale of sorts,,, but it just doesn't work for me, despite trying to like it many times. There are also a few in Through The Deep Dark Valley that I struggle to enjoy, despite liking the album.

From The Crane Wives, a few of their songs I like a bit less. Keep You Safe is a good song, but definitely one of my less favourites of theirs, I feel like I'd like it more but some of the vocals are a bit jarring for me. Quite a few songs in Safe Ship, Harbored that I like a bit less, again not that I hate them but just not songs I'd really be interested in listening to outside of when I'm listening to the whole album. From that album I do somewhat dislike I Ain't Done, if I listen to the album I usually finish after The Crooked, The Cradle instead of listening to that last song haha. And finally, I'm a The Fool In Her Wedding Gown lover but Once & For All just. isn't it. I can listen to it but eughh, it's another one I've tried hard to enjoy but just can't get into </3
Love The Oh Hellos and I can't say I hate any of their songs to be honest, but there are a few I enjoy less. Rounds, from Zephyrus, I just can't get into it which is too bad since it's the final song of their Anemoi/Four Winds albums and I really want to enjoy it as the finale of sorts,,, but it just doesn't work for me, despite trying to like it many times. There are also a few in Through The Deep Dark Valley that I struggle to enjoy, despite liking the album.

From The Crane Wives, a few of their songs I like a bit less. Keep You Safe is a good song, but definitely one of my less favourites of theirs, I feel like I'd like it more but some of the vocals are a bit jarring for me. Quite a few songs in Safe Ship, Harbored that I like a bit less, again not that I hate them but just not songs I'd really be interested in listening to outside of when I'm listening to the whole album. From that album I do somewhat dislike I Ain't Done, if I listen to the album I usually finish after The Crooked, The Cradle instead of listening to that last song haha. And finally, I'm a The Fool In Her Wedding Gown lover but Once & For All just. isn't it. I can listen to it but eughh, it's another one I've tried hard to enjoy but just can't get into </3
sedge122 | it/they | avatar dragon | skin shop
pings are always alright! note that my username is sedge122 (not sedge112)
a banner showing autumn trees with red and gold leaves
Eyes Closed by Imagine Dragons

They have so many great songs, but I don't care for this one at all. Also, it doesn't help that every time this song comes on I briefly mistake it for Eyes Closed by Ed Sheeran, which is actually a very good song.
Eyes Closed by Imagine Dragons

They have so many great songs, but I don't care for this one at all. Also, it doesn't help that every time this song comes on I briefly mistake it for Eyes Closed by Ed Sheeran, which is actually a very good song.
lightvs1.png
tumblr_inline_nk96orLztV1ry72eo.gif
pings-ok.png
fr-time-3-hr.png
wishlist-1.png
Resources.png
FR Templates
Coming Soon!
Free-To-Use-Notion-Templates-To-Help-You-Organize-Manage-Your-Clan-s-Lair.png
i cannot stand unsainted from slipknot. the choir part is just SO BADDD it sounds so cheap. which is such a shame because the rest of the song is good, coreys vocals are always amazing

also a lot of katatonias earlier songs, jonas' earlier vocals are godawful. evidence is grating to my ears. "if you die i will die toOoOoo!!" and its so INSANE because his voice is so BEAUTIFUL in everything after that

oh god and mary on a cross. and monstrance clock. and kiss the goat by ghost. all because either theyre played way too much everywhere or im just sick of the sexual songs. kinda feel the same way about a lot of popular soad songs, starting to hate chop suey, aerials, and toxicity just because they are so overdone.
i cannot stand unsainted from slipknot. the choir part is just SO BADDD it sounds so cheap. which is such a shame because the rest of the song is good, coreys vocals are always amazing

also a lot of katatonias earlier songs, jonas' earlier vocals are godawful. evidence is grating to my ears. "if you die i will die toOoOoo!!" and its so INSANE because his voice is so BEAUTIFUL in everything after that

oh god and mary on a cross. and monstrance clock. and kiss the goat by ghost. all because either theyre played way too much everywhere or im just sick of the sexual songs. kinda feel the same way about a lot of popular soad songs, starting to hate chop suey, aerials, and toxicity just because they are so overdone.
LVVfHp2.png | FR+3
| elune adore
| wishlist
| adopts
86128068.pngw7Yv8Mj.png
good hand by saintseneca, i love the whole pillar of na album So Much but this song is by far the weakest, plus it’s so repetitive and generally has no need to be four minutes long? plus moon barks at the dog is right afterwards, which is probably my second favorite song from that album so it just shows good hand up so much
good hand by saintseneca, i love the whole pillar of na album So Much but this song is by far the weakest, plus it’s so repetitive and generally has no need to be four minutes long? plus moon barks at the dog is right afterwards, which is probably my second favorite song from that album so it just shows good hand up so much
plague.gif - mishka
- she/they
- minor
- eng/rus
- pathologic fanlair
- waterfart
Solar Waltz by Cosmo Sheldrake. It’s just not the vibe.
Solar Waltz by Cosmo Sheldrake. It’s just not the vibe.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA