Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Songs you hate. From artists you love.
I'm immensely curious guys.

Do y'all know this feeling? There is this musician or band that you really really adore, they make some of the best music you've ever heard in your entire life... and then, all of a sudden, they drop this one blasted song that you despise with every fiber of your being.

For me personally, this song is Eternal Darkness by Wintersun. I swear to Stars Almighty, this gods forsaken song. No other music piece fills me with so much rage and disappointment as Eternal Darkness. XD And don't get me wrong—it still has some great moments (the entire part that starts with "Unleash the dark dream" absolutely slaps, and the guitar solo is super impressive), but for me, it's still an awful song. Everything from the composition to the lyrics is just trash to me.

And the worst part of all this? Eternal Darkness has an utterly amazing orchestral version. And this one, yes, this one I love with all my heart. Which honestly makes me despise the original even more because it becomes painfully obvious that a beautiful instrumental was subsequently ruined by harsh vocals / drumming rampage / guitars and bass. I can't stand it. XD

It definitely doesn't help that Eternal Darkness is one of my characters' main theme song so I still need to have it on one of my playlists, even if I skip it every time it comes up lmao.

Do you have songs like this? Definitely do share them if the answer is yes, and don't forget to link them here so I can listen for myself and feel the hate and anger.

also, my sincerest apologies to all Wintersun fans out there who happen to love Eternal Darkness, I certainly understand that this song can be considered beautiful and well-made by other people. This is just my personal opinion!
I'm immensely curious guys.

Do y'all know this feeling? There is this musician or band that you really really adore, they make some of the best music you've ever heard in your entire life... and then, all of a sudden, they drop this one blasted song that you despise with every fiber of your being.

For me personally, this song is Eternal Darkness by Wintersun. I swear to Stars Almighty, this gods forsaken song. No other music piece fills me with so much rage and disappointment as Eternal Darkness. XD And don't get me wrong—it still has some great moments (the entire part that starts with "Unleash the dark dream" absolutely slaps, and the guitar solo is super impressive), but for me, it's still an awful song. Everything from the composition to the lyrics is just trash to me.

And the worst part of all this? Eternal Darkness has an utterly amazing orchestral version. And this one, yes, this one I love with all my heart. Which honestly makes me despise the original even more because it becomes painfully obvious that a beautiful instrumental was subsequently ruined by harsh vocals / drumming rampage / guitars and bass. I can't stand it. XD

It definitely doesn't help that Eternal Darkness is one of my characters' main theme song so I still need to have it on one of my playlists, even if I skip it every time it comes up lmao.

Do you have songs like this? Definitely do share them if the answer is yes, and don't forget to link them here so I can listen for myself and feel the hate and anger.

also, my sincerest apologies to all Wintersun fans out there who happen to love Eternal Darkness, I certainly understand that this song can be considered beautiful and well-made by other people. This is just my personal opinion!
SO, when can I become a Ta'rinashiree finally?

trans man, ace, demiromantic, polyamorous. he/him. pagan.

Please ping me in the forums! I enjoy chatting with y'all :>
I love AJR I really do but their song I'm Ready is honestly really obnoxious imo - I can't listen to it because of that repeating voiceline. I'd like it so much more if it didn't have that or it played much less. It drives me crazy

Also Cruel Summer by Taylor Swift, I used to like this song but it became sooo overplayed, it's on the radio so much where I live
I love AJR I really do but their song I'm Ready is honestly really obnoxious imo - I can't listen to it because of that repeating voiceline. I'd like it so much more if it didn't have that or it played much less. It drives me crazy

Also Cruel Summer by Taylor Swift, I used to like this song but it became sooo overplayed, it's on the radio so much where I live
fLdYOuE.png
CAJaTcp.png
jBEX2Bu.png
AQPJNOh.png
ypcKWM0.png
2VtxnMX.png
63854030_kgIi5Vrtnqxwoag.png63854030_kgIi5Vrtnqxwoag.png

~** FLUFFERB **~

jbMLSIO.png
leo4ZYP.png
C3gPKb3.png
OrlEqVx.png
ll0CfnD.png
rUoKR6y.png
Uzumaki from Machine Girl, for a specific reason...

It's because most people that have listened to it only loop the part that samples Sonic CD's music. Nothing else, just those 10 seconds of sampled stuff. That fact kinda bends me. Overall, I don't like when people go to a song only for a specific part - other that comes to mind is Infected Mushroom's 'Change of Formality', since it was an animation meme song.

I remember my big brother and father being disappointed at that one Twenty-one Pilots album - the one with the eagle in the cover. To me, it was different, indeed, but I'm alright if bands change style.
Uzumaki from Machine Girl, for a specific reason...

It's because most people that have listened to it only loop the part that samples Sonic CD's music. Nothing else, just those 10 seconds of sampled stuff. That fact kinda bends me. Overall, I don't like when people go to a song only for a specific part - other that comes to mind is Infected Mushroom's 'Change of Formality', since it was an animation meme song.

I remember my big brother and father being disappointed at that one Twenty-one Pilots album - the one with the eagle in the cover. To me, it was different, indeed, but I'm alright if bands change style.
A bottle of Dasani (water)
Please drink water.

Step away if things get heated.
I'm still a big Panic! at the Disco fan, but even I cannot defend High Hopes that much anymore with how overplayed it is

And I wouldn't necessarily say I hate the entire Viva Las Vengeance album... I still don't like it, but I'm just even more annoyed at everyone going off about it and saying incredibly rude things to Brendon Urie for just one bad album before he retired. Lay off the guy for goodness sake

That collab Taylor Swift dragged him into though? Yeah, no, I haven't listened to that garbage yet, and I don't think I ever will lol
I'm still a big Panic! at the Disco fan, but even I cannot defend High Hopes that much anymore with how overplayed it is

And I wouldn't necessarily say I hate the entire Viva Las Vengeance album... I still don't like it, but I'm just even more annoyed at everyone going off about it and saying incredibly rude things to Brendon Urie for just one bad album before he retired. Lay off the guy for goodness sake

That collab Taylor Swift dragged him into though? Yeah, no, I haven't listened to that garbage yet, and I don't think I ever will lol
9s8wmF5.png z6OgJbN.png
iuEBSJ3.png
OETsgJU.png
Pgv53XB.png
2VtxnMX.png
oaolHwW.png
Al1BEGR.png
cdqdRxL.png
ll0CfnD.png
3M48cU6.png
image.png
oNrZjs5.png
8GgdVkW.png
image.png
PQqYbln.png
gP8rZcU.png
i've always loved Creo and there isn't really a song i despise from that guy - but if i had to choose the "worst" song it would be Atmosphere. most of his works with words or vocals in general i kinda like less than the others
i've always loved Creo and there isn't really a song i despise from that guy - but if i had to choose the "worst" song it would be Atmosphere. most of his works with words or vocals in general i kinda like less than the others
NcRl9aq.png
I absolutely adore Within Temptation, but a few of their songs are not quite it. most notably, Dog Days... the verses are fine, no complaints there, but the chorus is just way below their usual standards and I don't know how it ended up that way. to be fair, Hydra is a bit of an experimental album and the quality of the tracks on that album is a bit up and down, but I'm just shocked that one song can be so off.
I think Hydra is my least favorite album in general, but it is also home to my favorite song, Paradise (What About Us), so I can't be too harsh on it. it's just what happens when a band can't find its sound for a while.
I absolutely adore Within Temptation, but a few of their songs are not quite it. most notably, Dog Days... the verses are fine, no complaints there, but the chorus is just way below their usual standards and I don't know how it ended up that way. to be fair, Hydra is a bit of an experimental album and the quality of the tracks on that album is a bit up and down, but I'm just shocked that one song can be so off.
I think Hydra is my least favorite album in general, but it is also home to my favorite song, Paradise (What About Us), so I can't be too harsh on it. it's just what happens when a band can't find its sound for a while.
96px-Zexion%27s_Replica_Data_KHIIFM.png 4DvBsZc.png
Lucky
HxcMlGn.png
JrEJc4j.png
uPNWHgD.png
EHXIkb0.png
LDVtWi8.png j9JVcKh.png
Insane Clown Posse- Love everything BUT their newest song, (can't say the name on here buh) my goodness the first time I listened to it I teared up I hated it that much!! I can't really describe what I didn't like about it but something in that song set off my autism or something. Never touching it again.

Slipknot- I don't listen to them as much anymore, but I had a massive Slipknot phase and listened to all their stuff pretty much. I really hate the more overplayed songs like Duality and Custer. You just hear it too much and in my opinion their less listened to songs easily top both.

Jack Stauber- I LOVE this guy and it's embarrassing to admit but I love love love his music, it's so unique. But,, Buttercup grinds my gears. Again, overplayed to death, but I just find it annoying.
Insane Clown Posse- Love everything BUT their newest song, (can't say the name on here buh) my goodness the first time I listened to it I teared up I hated it that much!! I can't really describe what I didn't like about it but something in that song set off my autism or something. Never touching it again.

Slipknot- I don't listen to them as much anymore, but I had a massive Slipknot phase and listened to all their stuff pretty much. I really hate the more overplayed songs like Duality and Custer. You just hear it too much and in my opinion their less listened to songs easily top both.

Jack Stauber- I LOVE this guy and it's embarrassing to admit but I love love love his music, it's so unique. But,, Buttercup grinds my gears. Again, overplayed to death, but I just find it annoying.
thanks DISCORD for messing up my forum signature that I was very proud of

Cooking up a new one using imgur or something because discord sucks :rage:
When I was younger, I absolutely could not stand Jukebox Hero by Foreigner because my brother would play it over. And. Over. Again. Even now, well over a decade later, I still internally flinch whenever I hear it. Which is hilarious because I love Foreigner, and truly do enjoy that song; it just so happens to still have that initial negative association in my mind.

A lot less strong, but the Metallica version of Whiskey in the Jar is definitely not a personal favorite. Which is weird because Metallica is probably my favorite band, and I love most versions of that song; but somehow, the two together doesn't work for me. I definitely don't hate it though, just not a fan.
When I was younger, I absolutely could not stand Jukebox Hero by Foreigner because my brother would play it over. And. Over. Again. Even now, well over a decade later, I still internally flinch whenever I hear it. Which is hilarious because I love Foreigner, and truly do enjoy that song; it just so happens to still have that initial negative association in my mind.

A lot less strong, but the Metallica version of Whiskey in the Jar is definitely not a personal favorite. Which is weird because Metallica is probably my favorite band, and I love most versions of that song; but somehow, the two together doesn't work for me. I definitely don't hate it though, just not a fan.
_______
Ashen Lightning Glass

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
Lightningtale

Fulgurite
In the past few years I've basically stopped enjoying nearly all of Stray Kids' new music. Unfortunately their popularity only goes up and up and most of the newer fans don't know the older music that I love so much so. After about 5 years it's time to move on.

Some specific examples would be:
Hall of Fame
Comflex(only good thing about this one is my bias's lines)
Megaverse

These are also songs that they perform very often now. I can't stand all these songs that are like "we're so awesome look at how awesome we are" in the lyrics. Don't tell me you're great, show me.

(Everyone else in this thread has great music taste and here I am complaining about my Korean boy band...)
In the past few years I've basically stopped enjoying nearly all of Stray Kids' new music. Unfortunately their popularity only goes up and up and most of the newer fans don't know the older music that I love so much so. After about 5 years it's time to move on.

Some specific examples would be:
Hall of Fame
Comflex(only good thing about this one is my bias's lines)
Megaverse

These are also songs that they perform very often now. I can't stand all these songs that are like "we're so awesome look at how awesome we are" in the lyrics. Don't tell me you're great, show me.

(Everyone else in this thread has great music taste and here I am complaining about my Korean boy band...)
7eb73ea7ba19f787490a57822f0ee4885760d03e.png
Most of the songs on Ghost's Prequelle album just didn't hit for me, but I love Ghost in general

Also Cancer by MCR, I don't even think it's a BAD song it just is too sad I guess :(
Most of the songs on Ghost's Prequelle album just didn't hit for me, but I love Ghost in general

Also Cancer by MCR, I don't even think it's a BAD song it just is too sad I guess :(
eSesxeC.png