Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Hatching Eggs vs. Buying G1s
I'm not a G1 lair by any means - though i've gotten into them more lately.

I do both? If thats a valid answer haha

I don't necessarily search for G1s on AH, unless I have a G1 I wanna find a mate for; but I do hatch & buy.

I also scatter a lot which is a pricey habit!!
I'm not a G1 lair by any means - though i've gotten into them more lately.

I do both? If thats a valid answer haha

I don't necessarily search for G1s on AH, unless I have a G1 I wanna find a mate for; but I do hatch & buy.

I also scatter a lot which is a pricey habit!!
972ee6408be03363898b64bb29e640034b1310b4.png7667dd2c536ecd719b369737ff16de5f7adb05d1.pnge6cfb360af67b7bc3881ae209414f2ca128d5b19.png
definitely NOT a G1 hoarder/lair, but i do love them! generally, i hatch my own. i think i've only ever adopted one G1 for currency, but the colours were really appealing to me. but i usually don't see the point in buying a dragon that'll cost a lot of money to fix up... for a lot of money up front. i love my self hatches, and if i don't like them, i usually just exalt. (dragon adopted from another player:) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/94121647][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/941217/94121647_350.png[/img][/url]
definitely NOT a G1 hoarder/lair, but i do love them! generally, i hatch my own. i think i've only ever adopted one G1 for currency, but the colours were really appealing to me. but i usually don't see the point in buying a dragon that'll cost a lot of money to fix up... for a lot of money up front. i love my self hatches, and if i don't like them, i usually just exalt.

(dragon adopted from another player:)

94121647_350.png
wishlist
he/kit
xenogender
trans
transmasc

arospec
rosboy
gay
ace

catgender
you should listen to them... NOW!!! Coatl Swirls! semi-verbal
autistic
bird dad
please ping!!!
FR+2
Nothing Fancy Hatchery Raffle!
most of the fun with g1s to me is getting something random and seeing how it works, so i prefer hatching. it's a 'we have g1s at home' situation.
most of the fun with g1s to me is getting something random and seeing how it works, so i prefer hatching. it's a 'we have g1s at home' situation.
a pixel art illustration of a blue fae scientist in a surgestream coat holding a crystal of sacridite. by osteophagy animated pixel art of a green skydancer in green apparel bobbing up and down with two yellow music notes alternating and flashing next to her head, as though she is singing. by hawkeyyee
animated pixel art of a purple and blue spiral wearing bright purple, blue and magenta apparel, a voltaic halo, and will o the wisp. he is floating, and there is electricity sparking all over him. by hawkeyyee
hi i'm dils and
i be dragoning
lesbian, he/they
fr time 3+
fr blog
art
I don't really have the gems on hand to buy nice colored g1s, so most of my g1s are one's I've hatched myself.
I've bought all of two, and both were for a few hundred gems.
I don't really have the gems on hand to buy nice colored g1s, so most of my g1s are one's I've hatched myself.
I've bought all of two, and both were for a few hundred gems.
Buying. I hatch clan-bound eggs and every time feel really sad, 'coz I'm not lucky and disliked every dragon that I hatched... I just have very strict view on how I want my lair to look, so it's easier and mentally more pleasant to buy dragon to my liking. Also, I feel really happy when I can find beautiful dragin on AH and achieve to buy it.
I think the price of xxy g1s and amount of currency I need to grind is the only reason why I log in daily...
Buying. I hatch clan-bound eggs and every time feel really sad, 'coz I'm not lucky and disliked every dragon that I hatched... I just have very strict view on how I want my lair to look, so it's easier and mentally more pleasant to buy dragon to my liking. Also, I feel really happy when I can find beautiful dragin on AH and achieve to buy it.
I think the price of xxy g1s and amount of currency I need to grind is the only reason why I log in daily...
Not a G1 lair, but I prefer buying over hatching, lol. I have HORRIBLE hatching luck and have exalted most of my hatches.
Not a G1 lair, but I prefer buying over hatching, lol. I have HORRIBLE hatching luck and have exalted most of my hatches.
I dont like buying other G1, feels like wasting money on a dragon I have nothing to do with.
Even if I get ugly colors when I hatch I do my best to make it look decent :D
I dont like buying other G1, feels like wasting money on a dragon I have nothing to do with.
Even if I get ugly colors when I hatch I do my best to make it look decent :D
5a066ddb322c44953d878c49e7978a00895ca735.png
I'm not a collector, nor a solely g1 lair. Other than special occasions like my birthday or breed releases... I don't like hatching eggs. It's far more worth my time to sell the egg. On the rare occasion I do seek out a g1, which happens more recently with the new breeds, I go on the AH and see if there's any I like the look of in my budget. So yeah, I'd rather buy, that way it feels more like not quite as much as a waste of money. (Though I guess after gening it's about the same if not more so... idk. lol it just feels better.)
I'm not a collector, nor a solely g1 lair. Other than special occasions like my birthday or breed releases... I don't like hatching eggs. It's far more worth my time to sell the egg. On the rare occasion I do seek out a g1, which happens more recently with the new breeds, I go on the AH and see if there's any I like the look of in my budget. So yeah, I'd rather buy, that way it feels more like not quite as much as a waste of money. (Though I guess after gening it's about the same if not more so... idk. lol it just feels better.)

Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
actuallyadinosaur a tiny doodle of a small goose like dinosaur with yellow beak white feathers and red eyes
I've hatched all my g1's :) I like fixer-uppers!
I've hatched all my g1's :) I like fixer-uppers!
ping me to get my attention
i consider my stash of eggs to be a currency source, and i don't like taking chances on hatching a suitable G1 when i am pretty picky with my choices to begin with. it's pretty much a lose-lose either way for me, so i'd rather pay for a dragon i will guaranteed love (and many of the G1s i buy are regarded as fodder to others anyway) than gamble for pretty G1 when chances are i could have sold that egg for more than what i think the dragon out of it could be. basically i subscribe to the idea of "i wont risk turning my treasure into trash, but another man's trash can for sure be my treasure" [emoji=aberration laughing size=1] edit: out of maybe the 30-something eggs i've hatched during my account lifetime, i think i've kept... maybe 2 of them? i've kept maybe 60-70% of my G1s i've bought,, better track record lol
i consider my stash of eggs to be a currency source, and i don't like taking chances on hatching a suitable G1 when i am pretty picky with my choices to begin with. it's pretty much a lose-lose either way for me, so i'd rather pay for a dragon i will guaranteed love (and many of the G1s i buy are regarded as fodder to others anyway) than gamble for pretty G1 when chances are i could have sold that egg for more than what i think the dragon out of it could be.

basically i subscribe to the idea of "i wont risk turning my treasure into trash, but another man's trash can for sure be my treasure"

edit: out of maybe the 30-something eggs i've hatched during my account lifetime, i think i've kept... maybe 2 of them? i've kept maybe 60-70% of my G1s i've bought,, better track record lol
A drawing of a blue and yellow Spiral dragon (art by me). Click to go to the dragon! | @Quebeal
| ♦ ¤ ——−−--
|
|
| FR +1 DST
| Any pronouns
| My current avatar dragon!
| i hope you have a good day!
———-Recolored treeshroud icon by yascherritsa. Click for resource thread!