Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Mark dragons as a pair/mates
Support! I’m a non-breeding lair, so I’d mostly use this for lore reasons, and it would be nice to have an official way to mark my dragons as mates without having to put it in their bios.
Support! I’m a non-breeding lair, so I’d mostly use this for lore reasons, and it would be nice to have an official way to mark my dragons as mates without having to put it in their bios.
34821.png
I U S
he/she | fr +3
Support!
Support!
Honestly, I'd really like the ability to save pairs the way we save Coli parties— that way they don't have to be exclusive (can include the same dragon in multiple Coli parties; can include them in multiple pairs) but they can be!

Save 'em however you want, go into a separate pulldown menu when you hop into the current breeding UI, grey out the options where one or more dragon is on cooldown: it would make a great shortcut to see who's able to breed, who you want to breed, load up that pair, and cut down severely on scrolling issues and accidental breeding, as people have mentioned already in this thread.

I think marking dragons as mates on a page would have to be something separate, though; while I also tentatively support that, I don't think it should be at all linked to any breeding pair functionality, as plenty of people have mates in lore who are incapable of breeding with each other in site mechanics (same-sex pairs, Ancient-Modern pairs, etc).
Honestly, I'd really like the ability to save pairs the way we save Coli parties— that way they don't have to be exclusive (can include the same dragon in multiple Coli parties; can include them in multiple pairs) but they can be!

Save 'em however you want, go into a separate pulldown menu when you hop into the current breeding UI, grey out the options where one or more dragon is on cooldown: it would make a great shortcut to see who's able to breed, who you want to breed, load up that pair, and cut down severely on scrolling issues and accidental breeding, as people have mentioned already in this thread.

I think marking dragons as mates on a page would have to be something separate, though; while I also tentatively support that, I don't think it should be at all linked to any breeding pair functionality, as plenty of people have mates in lore who are incapable of breeding with each other in site mechanics (same-sex pairs, Ancient-Modern pairs, etc).
RfKIDIZ.pngK4fQ2zN.png
I hope there's something like this in the Nesting Grounds update. Maybe you could do something like the Coliseum party loading?
I hope there's something like this in the Nesting Grounds update. Maybe you could do something like the Coliseum party loading?
WKtl2lb.png
1YB0OjO.png
RUGBzP5.png
jQub7yI.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
reHWBXk.png
lSyxazy.png
p19HCH0.png
Maybe the list could be automatically sorted by how often dragons are bred? Like dragons that you’ve bred before will appear before all the other dragons in your lair, and after a dragon is selected all the dragons it has been bred with before will be moved to the top of the list.

Unfortunately my idea does not utilize the Scroll Of Divorce, which needs to find its way into the game one day.
Maybe the list could be automatically sorted by how often dragons are bred? Like dragons that you’ve bred before will appear before all the other dragons in your lair, and after a dragon is selected all the dragons it has been bred with before will be moved to the top of the list.

Unfortunately my idea does not utilize the Scroll Of Divorce, which needs to find its way into the game one day.
[quote name="Azerethia" date="2024-05-08 08:26:37" ] Support! Not only for the sake of breeding, but also neatness - it feels pleasing to have a nice little symbol to put up for your paired dragons in a lore lair. Sorting makes the happy chemicals fire up, I guess. There is only one important thing: I would withdraw my support if it only allowed for the linking of exactly 2 dragons (not groups). As already mentioned, there are variations in a dragon's pairing, and I can imagine that there are lore lairs out there that don't really do lizard monogamy, and it would leave a sort of a bitter aftertaste if polyamorous dragons were to be excluded just because. [/quote] An addendum! I also withdraw my support if this feature was to be so tighly connected to the breeding mechanics it would disallow the option to mark dragons that cannot breed together (gay couples). It's 2024, I think we can leave inherently linking the concept of non-platonic relationships to heterosexuality in the past. I get it's a breeding game, but for many players, the lore of their lairs is just as important, and that's where pairs who cannot serve the breeding function are just as valuable as those that can nest. Also no support for marriage/divorce scrolls. Dragon monogamy? Sure, if you want that, do that. But making it the default for the site would have *i m p l i c a t i o n s*, plus it would be just a drag for more experimental breeders. All in all, my support is unfortunately extremely conditional.
Azerethia wrote on 2024-05-08 08:26:37:
Support! Not only for the sake of breeding, but also neatness - it feels pleasing to have a nice little symbol to put up for your paired dragons in a lore lair. Sorting makes the happy chemicals fire up, I guess. There is only one important thing: I would withdraw my support if it only allowed for the linking of exactly 2 dragons (not groups). As already mentioned, there are variations in a dragon's pairing, and I can imagine that there are lore lairs out there that don't really do lizard monogamy, and it would leave a sort of a bitter aftertaste if polyamorous dragons were to be excluded just because.

An addendum! I also withdraw my support if this feature was to be so tighly connected to the breeding mechanics it would disallow the option to mark dragons that cannot breed together (gay couples). It's 2024, I think we can leave inherently linking the concept of non-platonic relationships to heterosexuality in the past. I get it's a breeding game, but for many players, the lore of their lairs is just as important, and that's where pairs who cannot serve the breeding function are just as valuable as those that can nest.

Also no support for marriage/divorce scrolls. Dragon monogamy? Sure, if you want that, do that. But making it the default for the site would have *i m p l i c a t i o n s*, plus it would be just a drag for more experimental breeders.

All in all, my support is unfortunately extremely conditional.
scuttles away
this would also be really cool from a nest rental perspective. if i'm renting out a nest to someone else, one of the things i worry about is accidentally breeding their dragon with one of mine. but if my dragons were all paired up, or even if i could pair theirs together when they come visit, that would minimise (if not entirely erase) this issue. which is obviously great for everyone involved. massive support

/edit bc i've read other responses and i agree that it would be great if the system was not tied to breeding compatability. lore pairs being linked together would be awesome as well, and equally it'd be great to have a 'not breedable' toggle perhaps? for people who are not breeding lairs at all, that way even if a dragon isn't in a pair, they're crossed off the list.
this would also be really cool from a nest rental perspective. if i'm renting out a nest to someone else, one of the things i worry about is accidentally breeding their dragon with one of mine. but if my dragons were all paired up, or even if i could pair theirs together when they come visit, that would minimise (if not entirely erase) this issue. which is obviously great for everyone involved. massive support

/edit bc i've read other responses and i agree that it would be great if the system was not tied to breeding compatability. lore pairs being linked together would be awesome as well, and equally it'd be great to have a 'not breedable' toggle perhaps? for people who are not breeding lairs at all, that way even if a dragon isn't in a pair, they're crossed off the list.
............. tumblr-pa5yx1-Ks-ZM1tecpo4o1-100.png ...
the reliquary
federation-Bar.png
''it's not over yet''
loreaccentsartpears!
wishlist • familiar collector
Support! Perfect idea.
Support! Perfect idea.
i need this in my life, support
i need this in my life, support
66.png
Support! I have several lore couples that I want to be marked as such.
Support! I have several lore couples that I want to be marked as such.
RSUsSvx.png