Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do you start...
...a breeding project when the color combo you want is super rare and all dragons with similar colors are inactive?
...a breeding project when the color combo you want is super rare and all dragons with similar colors are inactive?
9Nnjr3Q.png ezgif-4-63f1462d9a.gif
You may have to resign yourself to a long-term breeding project if it's a super rare combo with little to no dragons available with said colors.

If you haven't already read Ganondorf'f breeding guid, it's a lifesaver for stuff like that: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2630512#post_2630512
You may have to resign yourself to a long-term breeding project if it's a super rare combo with little to no dragons available with said colors.

If you haven't already read Ganondorf'f breeding guid, it's a lifesaver for stuff like that: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2630512#post_2630512
Boop!
I deliberately breed rare color combos, and this guide has been immensely helpful to me:

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2630512#post_2630512

But the super simplified answer is that you try to find a bunch of pairs that are even capable of producing the colors you want, and then breed their offspring together, and then their offspring's offspring and so on, gradually getting closer with each generation until you finally reach your goal. It's a total pain but 100% worth it imo.

Edit: looks like I got ninja'd lol! But that guide really is helpful.
I deliberately breed rare color combos, and this guide has been immensely helpful to me:

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2630512#post_2630512

But the super simplified answer is that you try to find a bunch of pairs that are even capable of producing the colors you want, and then breed their offspring together, and then their offspring's offspring and so on, gradually getting closer with each generation until you finally reach your goal. It's a total pain but 100% worth it imo.

Edit: looks like I got ninja'd lol! But that guide really is helpful.
Someday, I will have a full, fleshed-out forum signature.

But today is not that day.

Current avatar dragon: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/88842114
Also, don't stop looking!

I was working on my breeding project for a year, and about 8 months in there was a random exalt fodder derg on the AH with like 2-off colors. I SNATCHED him so fast, lol. So just because there aren't any right this second doesn't mean you won't get lucky as time goes on and find closer matches.

I was working on my breeding project for a year, and about 8 months in there was a random exalt fodder derg on the AH with like 2-off colors. I SNATCHED him so fast, lol. So just because there aren't any right this second doesn't mean you won't get lucky as time goes on and find closer matches.
ytkEBod.png
fdUVIfW.png
gziv3Ja.png
ll0CfnD.png
mlHpBMC.png
Mesq6uj.png
UawspVz.png
My Accent/Skincent Shop and Pinglist:
[quote name="Sonyei" date="2024-05-18 08:10:03" ] Also, don't stop looking! I was working on my breeding project for a year, and about 8 months in there was a random exalt fodder derg on the AH with like 2-off colors. I SNATCHED him so fast, lol. So just because there aren't any right this second doesn't mean you won't get lucky as time goes on and find closer matches. [/quote] I second this!
Sonyei wrote on 2024-05-18 08:10:03:

I second this!
~
~
b249b1dbc50baf6f32da54dfe296327c5ac51d6d.png
~ W Y R M
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
he/himFR+8
~ ~

NAh145F.png
You start it painfully, especially if it's an Imperial :clown_emoji:
You start it painfully, especially if it's an Imperial :clown_emoji:
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
I remember when there were like four white/fire/fire dragons active. Only two that weren't related, if my memory serves me right. I desperately wanted a dragon with those colors, born on a SPECIFIC DAY. Honestly, I just messaged the users and offered them lots of gems and a boon of fertility if they bred the dragons together. It was a shot in the dark but they bred the dragons on a plague nest like I wanted, and both users got their payment and their dragons back (as well as second picks of the nest).

If there are NO active dragons with the colors, search around for one above and one below on the color wheel. find some that aren't related, and go ahead and message the owners. The results might surprise you!
I remember when there were like four white/fire/fire dragons active. Only two that weren't related, if my memory serves me right. I desperately wanted a dragon with those colors, born on a SPECIFIC DAY. Honestly, I just messaged the users and offered them lots of gems and a boon of fertility if they bred the dragons together. It was a shot in the dark but they bred the dragons on a plague nest like I wanted, and both users got their payment and their dragons back (as well as second picks of the nest).

If there are NO active dragons with the colors, search around for one above and one below on the color wheel. find some that aren't related, and go ahead and message the owners. The results might surprise you!
097fe9bb15c36a1f4509e52d9751380acc01514f.gif
make sure you check dragon search semi-frequently, too!! someone might have a dragon with close colors that they're planning to exalt, and most who do will let you buy the dragon from them for a certain price (usually like 12kt) and some will even rent out the dragons for nesting if they're a perma (usually also with payment or sometimes collateral)
I'm also working on at least two breeding projects with rare color combos, so I got as many pairs as possible and I've been breeding them whenever I can. and even if it takes me forever to finish- at least I've helped get more of the color range out in the process!
make sure you check dragon search semi-frequently, too!! someone might have a dragon with close colors that they're planning to exalt, and most who do will let you buy the dragon from them for a certain price (usually like 12kt) and some will even rent out the dragons for nesting if they're a perma (usually also with payment or sometimes collateral)
I'm also working on at least two breeding projects with rare color combos, so I got as many pairs as possible and I've been breeding them whenever I can. and even if it takes me forever to finish- at least I've helped get more of the color range out in the process!
eldritch horror. It/Its (Black and red) uVEyOnT.pngYE53boy.pngypcKWM0.pngoEGalah.png 0bMlzCz.png MFrXBfa.png imUeMEx.png
check out my skin shop
currently taking preorders for an obelisk h brightshine reject
I'd recommend saving a search for the combo (or near enough) that you're looking for in a dragon's bio so that you can check it regularly :] it's ridiculous how long you can go without a single close dragon and suddenly have the perfect one pop up out of nowhere. i did a project for a chartreuse / vermillion / cerise a while back, and they're /still/ the only dragon on the site with that combo, so never lose hope that you'll scrape together enough pairs to whittle them down eventually!
I'd recommend saving a search for the combo (or near enough) that you're looking for in a dragon's bio so that you can check it regularly :] it's ridiculous how long you can go without a single close dragon and suddenly have the perfect one pop up out of nowhere. i did a project for a chartreuse / vermillion / cerise a while back, and they're /still/ the only dragon on the site with that combo, so never lose hope that you'll scrape together enough pairs to whittle them down eventually!
A pixel art badge of a snowy owlynx; a blueish gray cat familiar with darker spots and wings.
Pixel art of an obelisk dragon (Winona) with light eyes, a grayish blue body, and red wings and circuit patterns. She's facing left.A light pink pixel diamond.Pixel art of an obelisk dragon (WX) with fire eyes, a golden body, bronze mane and wings, and black circuit patterns. They're facing right.
Pings ok.
Badges.
Wishlist.
FR server time + 8 hours.
I will say even if inactive I always send a message just in case, sometimes people pop on! It has worked for me before
I will say even if inactive I always send a message just in case, sometimes people pop on! It has worked for me before
aYhvX0g.pngzdbZ9VU.pngPPzxarU.png