Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Emblems (and Halos?) Permanently in FF
1 2 3
The upcoming elemental swords and the elemental scenes becoming permanent additions to Festive Favors had me thinking about the elemental Emblems again. They were previously cycled out of their semi-permanent spot in the shop due to the old Festive Favors having only four slots, but now that the shop has expanded, I think the Emblems should be returned as a permanent item as well.

I'd also be happy if they added the Halos as a permanent addition as well, although those don't have the same semi-permanent precedence as the Emblems so I'm not sure if staff would consider that; given their similarity to the Emblems and their popularity/versatility, though, I feel like it would be a good fit.

I can only assume the latter suggestion will be met with concerns of "ruining the economy", but the FR economy was perfectly stable before the release and subsequent price inflation of the Halos; very little would change, and far more people would be happy. Artificial scarcity doesn't stimulate the economy and in fact actively hinders it as prices become unattainable.
The upcoming elemental swords and the elemental scenes becoming permanent additions to Festive Favors had me thinking about the elemental Emblems again. They were previously cycled out of their semi-permanent spot in the shop due to the old Festive Favors having only four slots, but now that the shop has expanded, I think the Emblems should be returned as a permanent item as well.

I'd also be happy if they added the Halos as a permanent addition as well, although those don't have the same semi-permanent precedence as the Emblems so I'm not sure if staff would consider that; given their similarity to the Emblems and their popularity/versatility, though, I feel like it would be a good fit.

I can only assume the latter suggestion will be met with concerns of "ruining the economy", but the FR economy was perfectly stable before the release and subsequent price inflation of the Halos; very little would change, and far more people would be happy. Artificial scarcity doesn't stimulate the economy and in fact actively hinders it as prices become unattainable.
Signature Machine Broke
849-gi.png
hh5n4WA.pngXC93sMs.png
wthFnM3.pngYMPbu9R.png
I would rather not. I don't like things to be perpetually available at my whim. I like to have to wait for things and save and grind. FR is that kind of game (for some relatively limited number of items), and I think that's nice that these types of games still exist. It's good for them to still exist. Removing this aspect of the game would make far more people unhappy - though, of course, not the people whose playstyle is directly counter to this one. But there are a bunch of other items that can be obtained at will for reasonable prices.

The halos are still available in the Spare Inventory crate at whatever rate, so it's not like they will become unattainable. As long as people are buying the crate, there will be halos. Which is to say, as long as the game exists, there will be. Will they be more difficult to get...? Maybe or probably. But that's okay.
I would rather not. I don't like things to be perpetually available at my whim. I like to have to wait for things and save and grind. FR is that kind of game (for some relatively limited number of items), and I think that's nice that these types of games still exist. It's good for them to still exist. Removing this aspect of the game would make far more people unhappy - though, of course, not the people whose playstyle is directly counter to this one. But there are a bunch of other items that can be obtained at will for reasonable prices.

The halos are still available in the Spare Inventory crate at whatever rate, so it's not like they will become unattainable. As long as people are buying the crate, there will be halos. Which is to say, as long as the game exists, there will be. Will they be more difficult to get...? Maybe or probably. But that's okay.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I'm not against bringing the emblems back since they were cycled for multiple years to begin with

however, I've gotta say no support for the halos - after all, what makes them any different from the other 'sets' of single year apparel (charms, auras... even the old crowns/bracelets/sashes or the upcoming swords) aside from the layering potential of certain ones?
I'm not against bringing the emblems back since they were cycled for multiple years to begin with

however, I've gotta say no support for the halos - after all, what makes them any different from the other 'sets' of single year apparel (charms, auras... even the old crowns/bracelets/sashes or the upcoming swords) aside from the layering potential of certain ones?
unknown.png
full support for the halos and emblems, even the flank marks- and stands, if it where my way, it'd be like NOTN and others non-elemental fests.
fams im alright with keeping per festival, as you only need one fam, you can only equip one and awaken it once.
full support for the halos and emblems, even the flank marks- and stands, if it where my way, it'd be like NOTN and others non-elemental fests.
fams im alright with keeping per festival, as you only need one fam, you can only equip one and awaken it once.
I used to display all my meme numbers here, but honestly im tired off that
i will still say that i own the #420 saved scry
Semi-Support. I'd like for some of the non-main apparel (ex, halos and emblems) to by cycled back, but maybe with a limit to how many you can purchase? That way, there's a confirmation that you can get them, but it wouldn't break the market, or compete to heavily with jox boxes. IE, new stuff still happens, but for arcane, it'd have the halos one year, the emblems one year, the flanks, ect. Or even, all of them. If that makes sense aksjdaksd
Semi-Support. I'd like for some of the non-main apparel (ex, halos and emblems) to by cycled back, but maybe with a limit to how many you can purchase? That way, there's a confirmation that you can get them, but it wouldn't break the market, or compete to heavily with jox boxes. IE, new stuff still happens, but for arcane, it'd have the halos one year, the emblems one year, the flanks, ect. Or even, all of them. If that makes sense aksjdaksd
pK3keHh.png

Hello! I'm Tuna, or Suns
| any pronouns | +2 FR time
| ~> toyhouse

I am forgetful, so reminders are great.
I'm not a huge fan of the idea of more and more items being available permanently. The items were originally meant to retire and while I think it's great that they don't hard retire anymore, the slow release that joxbox provides is a nice compromise. I do think that as more items are added to the pool, they could be broken up into different chests to so the pool doesn't get impossible.

The idea of permanently adding the various fest apparel to the shop to buy as many as you want consistently, just wouldn't work. Any value these items manage to hold would absolutely bottom out. Part of what keeps the economy moving is having items of higher and lower value and fest items are one of the things we have that can keep a higher value, since most other apparel on site is marketplace or coli. With joxbox, fest items don't permanently retire anymore so it's entirely possible to get them.
I'm not a huge fan of the idea of more and more items being available permanently. The items were originally meant to retire and while I think it's great that they don't hard retire anymore, the slow release that joxbox provides is a nice compromise. I do think that as more items are added to the pool, they could be broken up into different chests to so the pool doesn't get impossible.

The idea of permanently adding the various fest apparel to the shop to buy as many as you want consistently, just wouldn't work. Any value these items manage to hold would absolutely bottom out. Part of what keeps the economy moving is having items of higher and lower value and fest items are one of the things we have that can keep a higher value, since most other apparel on site is marketplace or coli. With joxbox, fest items don't permanently retire anymore so it's entirely possible to get them.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
No support. Joxar already re-introduces them into the economy every festival, and I think that's enough, it's not like they're lost forever like KS items.

Perhaps a compromise could be a made by having them cycle for another round of holidays (Emblems one year, Halos the next, Charms the one after that...) instead of them being permanently available each holiday?
No support. Joxar already re-introduces them into the economy every festival, and I think that's enough, it's not like they're lost forever like KS items.

Perhaps a compromise could be a made by having them cycle for another round of holidays (Emblems one year, Halos the next, Charms the one after that...) instead of them being permanently available each holiday?
There will be something here. Eventually.
I miss the emblems in ff so bad, they were so great for flight pride reasons and their availability yearly made them so newbie friendly.

I dislike the bloat in joxar crates so much.

I miss the emblems in ff so bad, they were so great for flight pride reasons and their availability yearly made them so newbie friendly.

I dislike the bloat in joxar crates so much.

Why not ! I can't see myself purchasing a lot of those items, I never really liked them in the first place, but it would make sense to see them return every year if the sword set (and potentially all the sets that will come after those) come back with each new festival cycle.
Why not ! I can't see myself purchasing a lot of those items, I never really liked them in the first place, but it would make sense to see them return every year if the sword set (and potentially all the sets that will come after those) come back with each new festival cycle.
tumblr_inline_pawby3qPs91rbjkvp_540.png
Biased purely because Luminous Halos have inflated in price to the point the cheapest is currently 2.5kg (essentially $25), which is insane. Especially considering the price of every other halo. As in at 250 max (Voltaic halo).

Of all things, people shouldn't be upset about halos coming back permanently when majority aren't at absurd prices on the AH to begin with. Of course, save the light halo which is near-impossible to obtain unless you get stupid lucky with a joxbox or shell out more gems than you need for even a Wildclaw Breed Change scroll.
It'll only get worse as time goes on. There's no 'economy' to ruin here unless you're stingy about a singular item you've listed at 10x the price of other halos.

People love the halo items. It's agony that all but one are available for apparel plans unless you're rich enough in game to afford it. There's almost no point in bothering trying it on in the dressing room because you're simply never going to get one.

-

In terms of methods, I think that a cycle for those items specifically would be really feasible. Instead of bringing everything in at once, have it that one fest the flank marks return, the next fest the halos replace them, then the next the stands, etc.
This way there's no over-abundance of apparel and you still have to wait for the right apparel to cycle in each fest.
Biased purely because Luminous Halos have inflated in price to the point the cheapest is currently 2.5kg (essentially $25), which is insane. Especially considering the price of every other halo. As in at 250 max (Voltaic halo).

Of all things, people shouldn't be upset about halos coming back permanently when majority aren't at absurd prices on the AH to begin with. Of course, save the light halo which is near-impossible to obtain unless you get stupid lucky with a joxbox or shell out more gems than you need for even a Wildclaw Breed Change scroll.
It'll only get worse as time goes on. There's no 'economy' to ruin here unless you're stingy about a singular item you've listed at 10x the price of other halos.

People love the halo items. It's agony that all but one are available for apparel plans unless you're rich enough in game to afford it. There's almost no point in bothering trying it on in the dressing room because you're simply never going to get one.

-

In terms of methods, I think that a cycle for those items specifically would be really feasible. Instead of bringing everything in at once, have it that one fest the flank marks return, the next fest the halos replace them, then the next the stands, etc.
This way there's no over-abundance of apparel and you still have to wait for the right apparel to cycle in each fest.
|Art Shop
SZ6yYcj.png
1 2 3