Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | XXX vs. XYX vs. XXY vs. XYY
1 2 3 4 5
I think I like XYY best in terms of doubles but it really depends on the colors/dragon :D
I think I like XYY best in terms of doubles but it really depends on the colors/dragon :D
wofr_by_epicdragon99-da5ra91.png
Nothing better than a cool matching XYZ, especially if it's an unexpected combo.

Doubles are cool as well, I think I prefer XXY, to have the tert stand out the most.

I tend to avoid XXX's unless going for a very specific vibe or for heavily accented colors.
Nothing better than a cool matching XYZ, especially if it's an unexpected combo.

Doubles are cool as well, I think I prefer XXY, to have the tert stand out the most.

I tend to avoid XXX's unless going for a very specific vibe or for heavily accented colors.
AKycsdA.gifmvTU5Wo.gifVPWDUwE.gif
XXY and XYY are great, but I dont really like XYX, I feel like tert is harder to scry when it is the same as primal.

EDIT: XXX are just... not fun.
XXY and XYY are great, but I dont really like XYX, I feel like tert is harder to scry when it is the same as primal.

EDIT: XXX are just... not fun.
tumblr_o0esauQ9Hj1tfzajgo1_500.png
They're all pretty bad imo, but if I had to pick one I'd go with XYX. Or XYY. There's a lot that can be done when the Secondary and Primary have strong contrasts, it doesn't really matter if the tertiary is a repeat. You can always keep it Basic too, that way it won't show up at all.

XXX is unsalvageable to me and XXY only works with a few genes/colors that already have strong accents, so honestly, it's XYZ all the way for me :)

(i say, as if i don't have a lot of doubles since they're so much easier to find lmao)
They're all pretty bad imo, but if I had to pick one I'd go with XYX. Or XYY. There's a lot that can be done when the Secondary and Primary have strong contrasts, it doesn't really matter if the tertiary is a repeat. You can always keep it Basic too, that way it won't show up at all.

XXX is unsalvageable to me and XXY only works with a few genes/colors that already have strong accents, so honestly, it's XYZ all the way for me :)

(i say, as if i don't have a lot of doubles since they're so much easier to find lmao)
tumblr_inline_pawby3qPs91rbjkvp_540.png
i prefer xyz overall but when it comes to doubles i really like XYXs! having the sec break it up a bit while also having the prim as an accent colour through the tert just looks really nice
i prefer xyz overall but when it comes to doubles i really like XYXs! having the sec break it up a bit while also having the prim as an accent colour through the tert just looks really nice
she doesnt even know
basic math--->
XSQWCA5.gif 3CzZFT6.png
- she/her
- please ping
in reply+quote
klfGHc7.png67-E654-DE-BBB7-441-C-BAE1-F4-EDB05-BC922.png
Out of those, I usually favour XXY, but it does depend partially on the dragon.
Out of those, I usually favour XXY, but it does depend partially on the dragon.
frostbite_by_worryingsquarewave-d8a2x4y.gif
XXX, XXY and XYY.
XXX, XXY and XYY.
I prefer XYZs above all else, because color variety and the fun challenge of making them cohesive, but of any doubles/triples, XYY is my preferred option, since it's got the most room for playing around with and looking like not a double.
I prefer XYZs above all else, because color variety and the fun challenge of making them cohesive, but of any doubles/triples, XYY is my preferred option, since it's got the most room for playing around with and looking like not a double.
A pink recolor of the hydrena watertoy. Click here to see my current avatar dragon!
My username is W1F1N1GHTM4R3, there are no vowels (only numbers), so if you don't think you can spell it properly, just copy+paste it please!

Current Project: pjsekai fandragon outfits
XXX because im a perfectionist >: )
XXX because im a perfectionist >: )
Emerald • she/her • FR+2 • breeding challengebuying green dragons
23518.png12944.png13405.png1015.png12196.png
XYZs and XYYs. I particularly like XYYs with really simple outfits and genes.
XYZs and XYYs. I particularly like XYYs with really simple outfits and genes.
Flare
Dragon-obsessed gamer nerd
cHa0MYt.png
bYt72YT.png
kHBaXec.png
mlHpBMC.png
yVyFLUa.png
TOKiyyz.pngmXaaw6K.png
o9yS1eq.png
DogHOvc.png
1 2 3 4 5