Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dusthide Check-in, one month later!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
i still don't really care that much about them tbh, they're not the worst but i just wish they didn't have such flat faces
i still don't really care that much about them tbh, they're not the worst but i just wish they didn't have such flat faces
she doesnt even know
basic math--->
XSQWCA5.gif 3CzZFT6.png
- she/her
- please ping
in reply+quote
klfGHc7.png67-E654-DE-BBB7-441-C-BAE1-F4-EDB05-BC922.png
I don't really own a lot (...or any?) of them but I think I like them a lot more than I did when I first saw them ! Both the hatchling and the male poses are very sweet, the female is okay but ultimately not my thing, and while I wish their genes were a little wilder, they have some nice option for really colorful dragons. They were not the kind of designs I really wanted out of the game, but they're nice to have regardless ^^.
I don't really own a lot (...or any?) of them but I think I like them a lot more than I did when I first saw them ! Both the hatchling and the male poses are very sweet, the female is okay but ultimately not my thing, and while I wish their genes were a little wilder, they have some nice option for really colorful dragons. They were not the kind of designs I really wanted out of the game, but they're nice to have regardless ^^.
tumblr_inline_pawby3qPs91rbjkvp_540.png
Theyre pretty mid; I scooped some to get some sick skins but I dont think Im going further with the breed
Theyre pretty mid; I scooped some to get some sick skins but I dont think Im going further with the breed
Same for me now as release - they're about mid range for me within Ancients. Not my favourite, but not the worst either :3

I think actually seeing what people are doing with them & gene combos always helps me to get a feel for any new breed & Dusties are no different here.

The baldness bothered me a bit at first, but now I don't really notice it as much & I have a few pairs planned plus my Stock The Pond pair of Dusthide because I really love some of their exclusive genes ^^
Same for me now as release - they're about mid range for me within Ancients. Not my favourite, but not the worst either :3

I think actually seeing what people are doing with them & gene combos always helps me to get a feel for any new breed & Dusties are no different here.

The baldness bothered me a bit at first, but now I don't really notice it as much & I have a few pairs planned plus my Stock The Pond pair of Dusthide because I really love some of their exclusive genes ^^
972ee6408be03363898b64bb29e640034b1310b4.png7667dd2c536ecd719b369737ff16de5f7adb05d1.pnge6cfb360af67b7bc3881ae209414f2ca128d5b19.png
I really like them! I've yet to get a few myself (I still have the clan bound eggs in my hoard funnily enough), but from what I've seen they've got a lot of great genes!
I really like them! I've yet to get a few myself (I still have the clan bound eggs in my hoard funnily enough), but from what I've seen they've got a lot of great genes!
~
~
b249b1dbc50baf6f32da54dfe296327c5ac51d6d.png
~ W Y R M
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
he/himFR+8
~ ~

NAh145F.png
I like them, but since they're canonically on the smaller side and I like BIG breeds, I won't be having a ton of them. That said, I do have some plans for a few more Dusties to be added to my lair.

Literally the only complaint I had about them was that they released before Light or Wind got their Ancients, and it felt unfair for Earth to take the slot when they had the most recent Modern.
I like them, but since they're canonically on the smaller side and I like BIG breeds, I won't be having a ton of them. That said, I do have some plans for a few more Dusties to be added to my lair.

Literally the only complaint I had about them was that they released before Light or Wind got their Ancients, and it felt unfair for Earth to take the slot when they had the most recent Modern.
qiTymVx.png zbfZPyc.png
They’re pretty neat!

I don’t have any yet, but that’s mostly because it takes me awhile to integrate new ancients into my lair. (i’ve only just gotten sandsurges mostly set up lol)

Love spore tho. 10/10 gene. It will be hard to not have every single dusty I get have it
They’re pretty neat!

I don’t have any yet, but that’s mostly because it takes me awhile to integrate new ancients into my lair. (i’ve only just gotten sandsurges mostly set up lol)

Love spore tho. 10/10 gene. It will be hard to not have every single dusty I get have it
Q7oWmMw.png dvMS65X.pnguAFkb59.pngjaogUTu.pngTkQY47D.pngWVbICeQ.pngiwOM9O6.pngGoVqS9e.png7elPyMO.pngi8eD0Ym.pngYQDTO.gif
I'd like em a lot better if I could get Blossom finally(this is a joke).

More seriously, I find them very cute! I also love the lore tidbit that they enjoy battling for fun, as a shonen manga fan that kind of thing appeals to me hahaha. The lore for my pair is gonna be that they were prizefighters who kept meeting in the finals of tournaments.

I'm not really the person to ask about dragon breeds because I don't love or hate any breed, I'm basically very chill about it.
I'd like em a lot better if I could get Blossom finally(this is a joke).

More seriously, I find them very cute! I also love the lore tidbit that they enjoy battling for fun, as a shonen manga fan that kind of thing appeals to me hahaha. The lore for my pair is gonna be that they were prizefighters who kept meeting in the finals of tournaments.

I'm not really the person to ask about dragon breeds because I don't love or hate any breed, I'm basically very chill about it.
7eb73ea7ba19f787490a57822f0ee4885760d03e.png
I think I actually like them even less tbh. I've never hated them but they just feel like they have nothing to offer me. Like I've seen some good ones by now but nothing that actually fits my personal tastes.

They are kinda cute but the way the tips of their heads connect to the back of their necks looks unnatural, their eyes still kinda creep me out and they still look incomplete to me without a line-breaking tert. And then there's the genes - I never liked Undertides much either but even at launch their incredible gene selection was enough to compensate but I really can't say the same for Dusthides. I do still think a gene expansion could salvage them for me but for now I have to pass on them.
I think I actually like them even less tbh. I've never hated them but they just feel like they have nothing to offer me. Like I've seen some good ones by now but nothing that actually fits my personal tastes.

They are kinda cute but the way the tips of their heads connect to the back of their necks looks unnatural, their eyes still kinda creep me out and they still look incomplete to me without a line-breaking tert. And then there's the genes - I never liked Undertides much either but even at launch their incredible gene selection was enough to compensate but I really can't say the same for Dusthides. I do still think a gene expansion could salvage them for me but for now I have to pass on them.
Someday, I will have a full, fleshed-out forum signature.

But today is not that day.

Current avatar dragon: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/88842114
I love them honestly. I think literally the only thing I don't like is that the female pose doesn't line up correctly with the Earthshaker's Domain scene, or a lot of scenes in general with how high they sit in the image, but that's such a small gripe. Otherwise I absolutely adore the lil' armadillos!
I love them honestly. I think literally the only thing I don't like is that the female pose doesn't line up correctly with the Earthshaker's Domain scene, or a lot of scenes in general with how high they sit in the image, but that's such a small gripe. Otherwise I absolutely adore the lil' armadillos!
6wR17En.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10