Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Magic Water...Magic Lava?
1 2
According to the lore, Tidelord's magic allows non-water dragons to breathe underwater! Do you think there might be something similar for the fire territory? Could the lava and magma be enchanted to not harm non-fire dragons? Let's push someone into some lava or magma find out!
According to the lore, Tidelord's magic allows non-water dragons to breathe underwater! Do you think there might be something similar for the fire territory? Could the lava and magma be enchanted to not harm non-fire dragons? Let's push someone into some lava or magma find out!
YOauEPv.gif[/url I never knew Flight Rising had a forum for the longest time. Now that I do, so far it's awesome.
In my lore there's magic you can use to endure or ignore the most horrible effects of any of the elemental habitats, so it's not just "Any dragon can touch the Soup" it's "If you're touching the soup you better be prepared" mostly for angst purposes as well as I just think it'd be a shame if you couldn't throw dragons into the soup for lore purposes.

In the Site's lore I think it would be hilarious to have a Wind Spiral be the first to figure it out while following their friend into a magma flow while neither notice until a group of dragons see them both chilling hours later in a magma pool
In my lore there's magic you can use to endure or ignore the most horrible effects of any of the elemental habitats, so it's not just "Any dragon can touch the Soup" it's "If you're touching the soup you better be prepared" mostly for angst purposes as well as I just think it'd be a shame if you couldn't throw dragons into the soup for lore purposes.

In the Site's lore I think it would be hilarious to have a Wind Spiral be the first to figure it out while following their friend into a magma flow while neither notice until a group of dragons see them both chilling hours later in a magma pool
wUPafb6.png
RGeeKht.pngdeathseeker_caw_inv_zpsxpt2usp7.gif
*pushes random innocent dragon into a pool of lava* I guess we'll see!
i have NO idea if this counts but... Scorch here is [i]lava*[/i]-resistant, and a Fire element dragon. now we just need to convince Vervain and the other Fire elements to go take a bath in THE MAGMA! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93478310][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/934784/93478310_350.png[/img][/url] [size=1][i]he is lava resistant only, not fire resistant...*[/i][/size]
i have NO idea if this counts but... Scorch here is lava*-resistant, and a Fire element dragon. now we just need to convince Vervain and the other Fire elements to go take a bath in THE MAGMA!

93478310_350.png

he is lava resistant only, not fire resistant...*
NcRl9aq.png
considering a lava flow revived the dead banescales, i think it's safe to say that fire dragons are lava-resistant, and it probably isn't a stretch to think that the flamecaller's blessing can't extend that resistance to other dergs
considering a lava flow revived the dead banescales, i think it's safe to say that fire dragons are lava-resistant, and it probably isn't a stretch to think that the flamecaller's blessing can't extend that resistance to other dergs
eNC9ZRF.jpeg
forbidden hot tub
forbidden hot tub
WBsJuD1.png
i'm bugs
she/they/rot/.com
forum pings make me go ":)"
[quote name="corndog" date="2024-05-12 10:54:33" ] considering a lava flow revived the dead banescales, i think it's safe to say that fire dragons are lava-resistant, and it probably isn't a stretch to think that the flamecaller's blessing can't extend that resistance to other dergs [/quote] Well no...the dead banescale are still dead, the lava flow opened up a pocket that held the last clutch of banescale [i]eggs[/i] that were then hatched. This is why the current generation of banescale don't have the previous connection to their own culture they once had. All they know was the last song sung to them in while in the egg. But yeah I do agree fire dragons probably do have some degree of fire/lava/heat resistance and really powerful magic users probably can extend it to others. (Related wind dragons can also go underwater unassisted and likely could extend their powers to others as well.)
corndog wrote on 2024-05-12 10:54:33:

Well no...the dead banescale are still dead, the lava flow opened up a pocket that held the last clutch of banescale eggs that were then hatched. This is why the current generation of banescale don't have the previous connection to their own culture they once had. All they know was the last song sung to them in while in the egg.

But yeah I do agree fire dragons probably do have some degree of fire/lava/heat resistance and really powerful magic users probably can extend it to others. (Related wind dragons can also go underwater unassisted and likely could extend their powers to others as well.)
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
[quote name="Yappinbeast" date="2024-05-11 16:56:18" ]Let's push someone into some lava or magma find out! [/quote] ...are you sure you didn't get lost from the Starfall Isles on your way to buy a bag of Mana Thiefs or something bc that is such an Arcane thing to say :') My take on it is that Fire dragons in general are highly resistant to all heat; Fire Coatls are basically immune; and Banescales actually derive energy from extreme heat, as seen with the lava reviving them. I don't think a region-wide effect like the one that the Tidelord's magic keeps in place (it's how we know he's still alive!) would be at play here, though. Hot territory is hot. But as with most elemental hazards, experienced magic users can probably give themselves and/or others protection against it, especially if they're Fire dragons to begin with. Makes me wonder what kind of abilities or defences magic users of other elements could share with dragons of a different one [emoji=special eyes size=1] Wind dragons can give lost dragons help in finding their way home? Lightning could give you a little jolt of energy so you can GET BACK TO WORK?! Earth will give you a magical peptalk when you're feeling down, get that rock solid foundation of confidence back to baseline? ETA: [quote name="Halszkaraptor" date="2024-05-12 17:10:08" ] Well no...the dead banescale are still dead, the lava flow opened up a pocket that held the last clutch of banescale [i]eggs[/i] that were then hatched. This is why the current generation of banescale don't have the previous connection to their own culture they once had. All they know was the last song sung to them in while in the egg. [/quote] RIGHT. Forgot how the lore of our own Ancient went. SHAME, SELF. SHAME. RING THAT SHAME BELL.
Yappinbeast wrote on 2024-05-11 16:56:18:
Let's push someone into some lava or magma find out!
...are you sure you didn't get lost from the Starfall Isles on your way to buy a bag of Mana Thiefs or something bc that is such an Arcane thing to say :')

My take on it is that Fire dragons in general are highly resistant to all heat; Fire Coatls are basically immune; and Banescales actually derive energy from extreme heat, as seen with the lava reviving them.

I don't think a region-wide effect like the one that the Tidelord's magic keeps in place (it's how we know he's still alive!) would be at play here, though. Hot territory is hot. But as with most elemental hazards, experienced magic users can probably give themselves and/or others protection against it, especially if they're Fire dragons to begin with.

Makes me wonder what kind of abilities or defences magic users of other elements could share with dragons of a different one
Wind dragons can give lost dragons help in finding their way home?
Lightning could give you a little jolt of energy so you can GET BACK TO WORK?!
Earth will give you a magical peptalk when you're feeling down, get that rock solid foundation of confidence back to baseline?

ETA:
Halszkaraptor wrote on 2024-05-12 17:10:08:
Well no...the dead banescale are still dead, the lava flow opened up a pocket that held the last clutch of banescale eggs that were then hatched. This is why the current generation of banescale don't have the previous connection to their own culture they once had. All they know was the last song sung to them in while in the egg.

RIGHT. Forgot how the lore of our own Ancient went. SHAME, SELF. SHAME. RING THAT SHAME BELL.
~~ Call me Beato!
MUYNhfy.png
v2PJF9u.png
Aswnqzl.png

FObX7rS.png
7UXlQKU.gif
WyzHFF3.gif glnLzx2.gif WyzHFF3.gif wtae0IEm_o.pngxb40JV1.png
This is absolutely how I think it goes! I like the idea of fire guardians swimming around in lava to relax. It’s cozy. :)

And then I also like the idea that a dragon of any element could “lend” some of their magic to another dragon in a protective ward, to help protect the other element dragons who visit. It would be a little more complicated than that (for example there’s not a lot of saving a nature dragon who falls into plague goop) but this would align with that well
This is absolutely how I think it goes! I like the idea of fire guardians swimming around in lava to relax. It’s cozy. :)

And then I also like the idea that a dragon of any element could “lend” some of their magic to another dragon in a protective ward, to help protect the other element dragons who visit. It would be a little more complicated than that (for example there’s not a lot of saving a nature dragon who falls into plague goop) but this would align with that well
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Old Artblog
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Artfight
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Fandomstuck OCs
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Outdated Wishlist
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Fandragons
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Credit!
|
|
|
|
@ me with a zero
not an o!
[quote name="Guitar" date="2024-05-12 01:05:57" ] *pushes random innocent dragon into a pool of lava* I guess we'll see! [/quote] mmmm barbeque
Guitar wrote on 2024-05-12 01:05:57:
mmmm barbeque
my colors!
my cool ids interest check
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
1 2