Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Dragon Cave Hub
1 2 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369
Why does this happen? This happened a couple of days ago this week and I'm wondering why and how so many mint dragons just attacked the abandoned page? So many click sites are still full of mint dragons because of this [img]https://i.imgur.com/W7Copp7.jpeg[/img]
Why does this happen? This happened a couple of days ago this week and I'm wondering why and how so many mint dragons just attacked the abandoned page? So many click sites are still full of mint dragons because of this
W7Copp7.jpeg
@AcidDrinker I heard there was a St Patrick's day breeeding event, I got a similar screeenshot lol [img]https://forums.dragcave.net/uploads/monthly_2024_03/image.png.62270397eae94809191934776c65be8f.png[/img]
@AcidDrinker

I heard there was a St Patrick's day breeeding event, I got a similar screeenshot lol

image.png.62270397eae94809191934776c65be8f.png
3cfd76cef7c18c67807bba6438d0d1c0eea46682.png Stilll don't know what to put here...

Skin Shop

Wishlist!
Click on my children
[
Question..

I picked up my scroll after not playing for years. Is there a spreadsheet or something out there I can use to figure out what eggs I'm missing?
Question..

I picked up my scroll after not playing for years. Is there a spreadsheet or something out there I can use to figure out what eggs I'm missing?
Bonsai.png
[quote name="Elwine" date="2024-05-04 06:39:49" ] Question.. I picked up my scroll after not playing for years. Is there a spreadsheet or something out there I can use to figure out what eggs I'm missing? [/quote] I would suggest these two sites: [url=https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Dragon_Rarity_Guide] ONE[/url] [url=https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Egg/Identification_guide]TWO[/url]
Elwine wrote on 2024-05-04 06:39:49:
Question..

I would suggest these two sites:

ONE

TWO
I was hoping for something more like this, but thank you :)

I was hoping for something more like this, but thank you :)

Bonsai.png
I just started this game and I’m freaking out bc apparently they can die??
How many views/clicks do I need to hatch my eggs?

It seems quite different from FR despite them both being dragon petsims. FR feels so much more polished and modern, if that makes any sense.
I just started this game and I’m freaking out bc apparently they can die??
How many views/clicks do I need to hatch my eggs?

It seems quite different from FR despite them both being dragon petsims. FR feels so much more polished and modern, if that makes any sense.
2xvYPbw.png

» Astro

- Skin Shop
- Adopt Shop

» FR +1

- Pings recommended!
» Exalt Lair
- My name is Lightehouse.
- Formerly Astromanian.
i0phQ2L.gif
@Astromanian There are a few ways they can die.

If their timer reaches 0 (either as an egg or hatchling), they will die.
If they gain too many views too quickly, they can get sick - which can lead to death.
You can kill them though use of certain breed specific actions (Vampire Bite and Green Earthquake both have high kill chances for eggs!)
You can manually kill them - though sometimes these actions fail and an egg will either hatch or a hatchling will simply dodge the attempt.

'How many views/clicks' doesn't have a definitive answer - it varies based on a lot of things, such as breed and time remaining. Some breeds require higher numbers, while the numbers required tend to diminish as the egg/hatchling gets older. You can have two identical eggs with identical birth times and one may hatch at 2000 views and the other at 1500.

That said, it's pretty easy to get them hatched safely! A lot of players utilize click sites - I use Allure of Neglected Dragons (linked in the first post) and Silvi's Lair, but you really only need one. The click sites allow your eggs to collect views and clicks, and in exchange, you can easily provide views to others by just being on the page for a while - they automatically shuffle new dragons and eggs in on a timer usually.

As a general rule, never add anything to any click sites until it's at 6 days remaining / 5 days remaining if you incubated it. That gives everything a solid 24 hours to exist before you add it anywhere; if you add them right away, they're much more likely to get sick. 24 hours is usually plenty of time to protect your egg. Also, keeping in mind that eggs can't hatch until their timers reach 4 days / hatchlings can't grow until their timers reach 4 days, you still have plenty of time for them to collect the required number of views.

If you grab from the AP (abandoned page), the timers are usually much lower. AP eggs can often be picked up with less than 4 days remaining, in which case, you can add them to click sites right away and they should hatch within a few hours.

Some things to note, though - if you have a RARE egg (Gold, Silver, Guardian of Nature) it's actually generally safer to just fog the egg until it's below 4 days and then pop it into a click site that has an ER (AoND and Silvis both offer this) because otherwise what might happen is that people will see a rare egg, say 'wow I don't like that someone else has that and I don't,' and try to kill the egg by overloading it with views. If you wait until it reaches ER status / is below the 4 day hatching requirement, it's less likely that anyone can kill it - especially if you fog it right after it hatches and then wait the timer down again before putting it back into a click site. It's best to only let rare things accumulate views when you're able to check in on it regularly - so that if it gets sick, you can fog it before it dies.

Also, be advised that the site anniversary is coming up this month - on the 21st I believe. There is usually a huge release, and sometimes new features added - always be extra careful of adding things to hatcheries around holidays and releases, just because traffic is higher on the click sites and your eggs will gain views much faster than normal.

As for the differences? Yeah, they're fundamentally very different beasts - FR is more of a pet site, with feeding and customization mechanics. DC is more of a sprite collection and breeding game - outside of holiday events, it doesn't really have games or anything. They're both similar in that the goal is really just to figure out what sort of fun you want to have, and then you just go off and do that. I don't get really into breeding - I'm just a 'check in once or twice a week to hatch and collect things and then peace out for several days' player.
@Astromanian There are a few ways they can die.

If their timer reaches 0 (either as an egg or hatchling), they will die.
If they gain too many views too quickly, they can get sick - which can lead to death.
You can kill them though use of certain breed specific actions (Vampire Bite and Green Earthquake both have high kill chances for eggs!)
You can manually kill them - though sometimes these actions fail and an egg will either hatch or a hatchling will simply dodge the attempt.

'How many views/clicks' doesn't have a definitive answer - it varies based on a lot of things, such as breed and time remaining. Some breeds require higher numbers, while the numbers required tend to diminish as the egg/hatchling gets older. You can have two identical eggs with identical birth times and one may hatch at 2000 views and the other at 1500.

That said, it's pretty easy to get them hatched safely! A lot of players utilize click sites - I use Allure of Neglected Dragons (linked in the first post) and Silvi's Lair, but you really only need one. The click sites allow your eggs to collect views and clicks, and in exchange, you can easily provide views to others by just being on the page for a while - they automatically shuffle new dragons and eggs in on a timer usually.

As a general rule, never add anything to any click sites until it's at 6 days remaining / 5 days remaining if you incubated it. That gives everything a solid 24 hours to exist before you add it anywhere; if you add them right away, they're much more likely to get sick. 24 hours is usually plenty of time to protect your egg. Also, keeping in mind that eggs can't hatch until their timers reach 4 days / hatchlings can't grow until their timers reach 4 days, you still have plenty of time for them to collect the required number of views.

If you grab from the AP (abandoned page), the timers are usually much lower. AP eggs can often be picked up with less than 4 days remaining, in which case, you can add them to click sites right away and they should hatch within a few hours.

Some things to note, though - if you have a RARE egg (Gold, Silver, Guardian of Nature) it's actually generally safer to just fog the egg until it's below 4 days and then pop it into a click site that has an ER (AoND and Silvis both offer this) because otherwise what might happen is that people will see a rare egg, say 'wow I don't like that someone else has that and I don't,' and try to kill the egg by overloading it with views. If you wait until it reaches ER status / is below the 4 day hatching requirement, it's less likely that anyone can kill it - especially if you fog it right after it hatches and then wait the timer down again before putting it back into a click site. It's best to only let rare things accumulate views when you're able to check in on it regularly - so that if it gets sick, you can fog it before it dies.

Also, be advised that the site anniversary is coming up this month - on the 21st I believe. There is usually a huge release, and sometimes new features added - always be extra careful of adding things to hatcheries around holidays and releases, just because traffic is higher on the click sites and your eggs will gain views much faster than normal.

As for the differences? Yeah, they're fundamentally very different beasts - FR is more of a pet site, with feeding and customization mechanics. DC is more of a sprite collection and breeding game - outside of holiday events, it doesn't really have games or anything. They're both similar in that the goal is really just to figure out what sort of fun you want to have, and then you just go off and do that. I don't get really into breeding - I'm just a 'check in once or twice a week to hatch and collect things and then peace out for several days' player.
SFixrnH.pngIeBhKII.png Tf2WhDq.pngnJ9aapY.png
Oh man I haven't played the game in ages
Are gold/silver, vampire and prize dragons still smth people like?
(And dragons with alts and thuweds in their lineage?)
X5sBV.gif
[quote name="MinosPhrime" date="2024-05-14 05:58:58" ] Oh man I haven't played the game in ages Are gold/silver, vampire and prize dragons still smth people like? (And dragons with alts and thuweds in their lineage?) [/quote] tbh all I tend to hunt for these days are salts and codes, so I'd say yeah, those are still things people like. Also strat xenowyrms are the Biggie...
MinosPhrime wrote on 2024-05-14 05:58:58:

tbh all I tend to hunt for these days are salts and codes, so I'd say yeah, those are still things people like. Also strat xenowyrms are the Biggie...
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
New eggs for DC's birthday! o/
New eggs for DC's birthday! o/
tumblr_petjqu6l6D1uz135no8_500.gif
1 2 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369