Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | old images breaking
just came back to being active after almost 2 years and noticed a lot of image assets across the forums seem to have disappeared, especially from older threads :C
is it a new site update causing the error or something with my browser?
just came back to being active after almost 2 years and noticed a lot of image assets across the forums seem to have disappeared, especially from older threads :C
is it a new site update causing the error or something with my browser?
SPACESandeee.gif

Sandeee OHvqVtK.png
» any prns » FR+3
art shopwishlistavatar

there are 3 e's in my name!!!
@Sandeee

Generally it's helpful to include a link to the page/s you see this happening to help diagnose the problem.

However, given that Discord altered their links to expire and then only show on their site, that's likely the case.

Or they could be DeviantArt/st.ash images which are configured to also not work on anything but their site.
@Sandeee

Generally it's helpful to include a link to the page/s you see this happening to help diagnose the problem.

However, given that Discord altered their links to expire and then only show on their site, that's likely the case.

Or they could be DeviantArt/st.ash images which are configured to also not work on anything but their site.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Sandeee

If the image link is from Discord:
Discord introduced an update a while ago that causes any images uploaded to their servers to break when used outside of the app. To retrieve it, take the link of the image and paste it anywhere into Discord, and the image will load. Then download it from there, and upload it to somewhere like Imgur or Filegarden. It'll just expire again if you use the new image URL straight from Discord.

If the image link is from Tumblr:
(This is from an old thread so I don't know if it still applies) - Tumblr images get bounced around between servers and their URL updates accordingly, I think. So when an image is moved to a new server, the original link to it breaks. There's the number "32" in the image URL, and if you edit this to 68 or 66, it should work again. If it doesn't, try going up or down in increments of one until it works.
@Sandeee

If the image link is from Discord:
Discord introduced an update a while ago that causes any images uploaded to their servers to break when used outside of the app. To retrieve it, take the link of the image and paste it anywhere into Discord, and the image will load. Then download it from there, and upload it to somewhere like Imgur or Filegarden. It'll just expire again if you use the new image URL straight from Discord.

If the image link is from Tumblr:
(This is from an old thread so I don't know if it still applies) - Tumblr images get bounced around between servers and their URL updates accordingly, I think. So when an image is moved to a new server, the original link to it breaks. There's the number "32" in the image URL, and if you edit this to 68 or 66, it should work again. If it doesn't, try going up or down in increments of one until it works.
forum%20banner%201.png forum%20banner%20extra.png forum%20banner%202.png
I've had a very similar issue with my dragon art hosted from **********. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what, but I can't seem to get any images from ********** to actually work anymore.
I've had a very similar issue with my dragon art hosted from **********. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what, but I can't seem to get any images from ********** to actually work anymore.
@StellarShadows
considering the whole thing is censored, I'm guessing that would be why since as far as the front end coding is aware you're just posting a bunch of asterisks in place of part of the link
@StellarShadows
considering the whole thing is censored, I'm guessing that would be why since as far as the front end coding is aware you're just posting a bunch of asterisks in place of part of the link
unknown.png
@StellarShadows Seeing as the name of that site is starred out in your post, it's probably blocked by FR, so that's why it doesn't work. You might want to try a different one.
@StellarShadows Seeing as the name of that site is starred out in your post, it's probably blocked by FR, so that's why it doesn't work. You might want to try a different one.
fzww6al.png
@chatoyant
@SkyBlaze

... I didn't even notice that. Gee whiz, alrighty.

Thank you!!
@chatoyant
@SkyBlaze

... I didn't even notice that. Gee whiz, alrighty.

Thank you!!