Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | games that made you cry?
Okami and Journey are two games that definitely made me cry, I'll never forget those memories. Every playthrough, both of those will make me tear up at some point. Those soundtracks, man.

There's plenty of other games that are very meaningful to me and also made me emotional, but it's pretty hard to make me actually cry, so I can't think of many others right now. I guess that's why those two stand out so much!

Oh, but another honorary mention does go to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: EOS. I didn’t play it myself, but when I watched my partner play it… sheesh. I know what people meant about it now.
Okami and Journey are two games that definitely made me cry, I'll never forget those memories. Every playthrough, both of those will make me tear up at some point. Those soundtracks, man.

There's plenty of other games that are very meaningful to me and also made me emotional, but it's pretty hard to make me actually cry, so I can't think of many others right now. I guess that's why those two stand out so much!

Oh, but another honorary mention does go to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: EOS. I didn’t play it myself, but when I watched my partner play it… sheesh. I know what people meant about it now.
sEBxtxA.png thDLJf3.png eGiN2Xv.png
Superliminal
Hello, my name is Dr.Glenn Pierce
Superliminal
Hello, my name is Dr.Glenn Pierce
bc9c8507869f3113339dc451b11e787a3cdce193.png
e7d3661fd609c8e0e30ed5683250eec94d379811.png
Shelter 2. yes that one lol.

i bought it years ago, cried the very first time i played it and had to quit. didn't even finish it. i actually recently played it again though and actually finished it and have continued playing it. i am stronger now i guess haha.
Shelter 2. yes that one lol.

i bought it years ago, cried the very first time i played it and had to quit. didn't even finish it. i actually recently played it again though and actually finished it and have continued playing it. i am stronger now i guess haha.
7oyHvos.png
OuP0IWM.png911operator.pngfdUVIfW.pngANZRVK7.pngJ8QoPxT.pngBT1N47G.png
VvgJdjI.png q9EEy5M.pngll0CfnD.png UqlBGwo.png5hF3FGk.pngTW8ViqF.png
4kekx4D.pngSZwTK40.png2SxeZ07.png3CzZFT6.pngYUzmw5z.pngJEtmhoV.png
To The Moon
Finding Paradise
Ori and the Blind Forest (to a lesser extent)
To The Moon
Finding Paradise
Ori and the Blind Forest (to a lesser extent)
"We may have taken a piece of the Hoverview Vale since I cannot seem to put it back in its original position. I'm sorry if this causes any distress."

- Sylphaeri
6216044p.png
Rain World is making me cry rn, not tears of sorrow, but tears of frustration trying to get throuh Unfortunate Development.
(It gives me tears of sorrow for other reasons which I have mentioned here)
Rain World is making me cry rn, not tears of sorrow, but tears of frustration trying to get throuh Unfortunate Development.
(It gives me tears of sorrow for other reasons which I have mentioned here)
KNiDL_Star_Rod_sprite.png 7nrEOpT.png
bYt72YT.png
Zn1clbn.png
9vwqdfK.png
tyEuRXe.png
9R2Unq1.png
CeZAyqc.png
lA1sWNh.png
Collector of gen 1 aethers, imperial enjoyer, old dragon admirer, sprite/nymph adorer
AI bros DNI
KNiDL_Star_Rod_icon.png
Oh goodness

Harvest Moon: Light of Hope.
I finished it after many years of on and off playing, but after playing Tears of the Kingdom I went back and finished it. Got married, had my beautiful daughter, and cured her illness.

At the end the Harvest Goddess comes and tells you that you’ve done so much for the island, your home, that there’s nothing left to be done. You can forge your own path now.. That made me shed tears and cry at night. I will never forget this beautiful game.

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom made me cry not when I first finished it, but many final fights later when I finally heard Zelda’s Lullaby in the Last Catch.. I just choked up so much.

Honorable mention to Fire Emblem: Three Houses (I just got so sad when I saw Jeralt die for the first time. and Pokemon Ultra Moon.

Pokemon Ultra Moon was the first Pokemon game I could call my own. The game left a deep impact on me, but it wasn’t until I made the incredibly difficult decision to transfer most of my beloved Pokemon to HOME to keep them safe. I was really devastated, but I didn’t want them to be kept somewhere potentially insecure. I only didn’t bring over my beloved starter Archer, because he (and I) belong in Alola.

Undertale.
WHY.
It wasn’t the game itself that made me cry, but that one fan song of Finale with lyrics, like “Determination, the power within.

And apparently Frisk sings to His Theme. WHY I WAS CRYIN IN PUBLIC ITS SO GOOD

I havent played Explorers of Time but I desperately want to and Don’t Ever Forget gets me every time
Oh goodness

Harvest Moon: Light of Hope.
I finished it after many years of on and off playing, but after playing Tears of the Kingdom I went back and finished it. Got married, had my beautiful daughter, and cured her illness.

At the end the Harvest Goddess comes and tells you that you’ve done so much for the island, your home, that there’s nothing left to be done. You can forge your own path now.. That made me shed tears and cry at night. I will never forget this beautiful game.

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom made me cry not when I first finished it, but many final fights later when I finally heard Zelda’s Lullaby in the Last Catch.. I just choked up so much.

Honorable mention to Fire Emblem: Three Houses (I just got so sad when I saw Jeralt die for the first time. and Pokemon Ultra Moon.

Pokemon Ultra Moon was the first Pokemon game I could call my own. The game left a deep impact on me, but it wasn’t until I made the incredibly difficult decision to transfer most of my beloved Pokemon to HOME to keep them safe. I was really devastated, but I didn’t want them to be kept somewhere potentially insecure. I only didn’t bring over my beloved starter Archer, because he (and I) belong in Alola.

Undertale.
WHY.
It wasn’t the game itself that made me cry, but that one fan song of Finale with lyrics, like “Determination, the power within.

And apparently Frisk sings to His Theme. WHY I WAS CRYIN IN PUBLIC ITS SO GOOD

I havent played Explorers of Time but I desperately want to and Don’t Ever Forget gets me every time
2xvYPbw.png

» Octavia

- Skin Shop
- Art Shop

» FR +1

- Please always ping me!
teardrop_small.png
The first game I cried at was PMD: Gates to Infinity back in middle school. It was a rented copy and I was so sad at the ending! I really enjoyed the game and I still look at it back fondly.

Another game I cry at (but not to that extent) is Dragon Quest builders 2! I played the demo randomly one day, reason: I forgot, but I enjoyed the game and the story captivated me as well as the characterization of Malroth
The first game I cried at was PMD: Gates to Infinity back in middle school. It was a rented copy and I was so sad at the ending! I really enjoyed the game and I still look at it back fondly.

Another game I cry at (but not to that extent) is Dragon Quest builders 2! I played the demo randomly one day, reason: I forgot, but I enjoyed the game and the story captivated me as well as the characterization of Malroth
Red dead redemption 2 for sure. Great game. Hollow knight too [emoji=guardian sad size=1]
Red dead redemption 2 for sure. Great game.
Hollow knight too
[quote name="stormspecter" date="2024-05-08 02:54:16" ] Okami and Journey are two games that definitely made me cry, I'll never forget those memories. Every playthrough, both of those will make me tear up at some point. Those soundtracks, man. [/quote] Journey totally got me. That feeling of, wait... wait what is happening?? WHAT ARE WE DOING TOGETHER NOW?! OH NO??!? And the soundtrack truly is just one of the best game soundtracks to this day imo. Atmospheric and on point for every scene. :') I was also had by the game "Endling – Extinction is Forever". Truly hated the ending and what it did to my fragile little soul. XD
stormspecter wrote on 2024-05-08 02:54:16:

Journey totally got me. That feeling of, wait... wait what is happening?? WHAT ARE WE DOING TOGETHER NOW?! OH NO??!? And the soundtrack truly is just one of the best game soundtracks to this day imo. Atmospheric and on point for every scene. :')

I was also had by the game "Endling – Extinction is Forever". Truly hated the ending and what it did to my fragile little soul. XD
tumblr_inline_ofoo1lSs6W1tfmvub_100.png        Nature is forever

Eloen · she/her
Please ping me in forums
Lore · For Sale · Avatar
omori.

it ruined my life in the best way possible LOL. i usually do not cry when watching movies or games but Omori GOT ME. it GOT ME and i can't listen to one note on the piano the same way ever again. it sends me back (/lh).

for a hot second i was working to get tear stains off of my drawing tablet because i had been drawing at the time like an innocent fool that did not know what agony was about to be dropped.
omori.

it ruined my life in the best way possible LOL. i usually do not cry when watching movies or games but Omori GOT ME. it GOT ME and i can't listen to one note on the piano the same way ever again. it sends me back (/lh).

for a hot second i was working to get tear stains off of my drawing tablet because i had been drawing at the time like an innocent fool that did not know what agony was about to be dropped.
giphy.gif9hqcHsy.png zoO3i8B.pngY7MOfeL.png4SVfFPD.pnggiphy.gif
UGfQoi6.pngPl6YAjt.png KV5d5h7.png