Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | how did you choose your coli dragons?
1 2 3 4 5 6
My first coli team was my progen + the two other adult dragons I had at the time. My progen had/has a very un-optimized mage build thanks to my own newbie fumbling about and so I never bothered to finish leveling her, but I eventually found Culex's guide and finished the other two off.

I leveled a few more 25s once the first mire flyer builds came out but didn't like that playstyle much, so they remained my main coli team up until late last year when I decided to see if any of the new builds were worth trying. (They are still one of my fodder-breeding pairs and good for grinding assorted venues at almost a decade old now).

I tend to level dragons I really like up to 25 eventually just to give them a bit more love (looks at lvl 25 permabab, haha) and it can be a refreshing break from fodder leveling, so I just picked dragons I already had leveled and liked looking at to finally stat and stone. Now I swap between two of my front-pagers for the mire vs ghostlight, and have another ready to try out another alternate build (and a few more dragons on the way up).
My first coli team was my progen + the two other adult dragons I had at the time. My progen had/has a very un-optimized mage build thanks to my own newbie fumbling about and so I never bothered to finish leveling her, but I eventually found Culex's guide and finished the other two off.

I leveled a few more 25s once the first mire flyer builds came out but didn't like that playstyle much, so they remained my main coli team up until late last year when I decided to see if any of the new builds were worth trying. (They are still one of my fodder-breeding pairs and good for grinding assorted venues at almost a decade old now).

I tend to level dragons I really like up to 25 eventually just to give them a bit more love (looks at lvl 25 permabab, haha) and it can be a refreshing break from fodder leveling, so I just picked dragons I already had leveled and liked looking at to finally stat and stone. Now I swap between two of my front-pagers for the mire vs ghostlight, and have another ready to try out another alternate build (and a few more dragons on the way up).
My first coli team was my progens and the first dragon I bought. I didn't know how stats worked in the coliseum and ended up filling them in to match the character of each dragon instead of what would be actually affective in battle. The three of them together, one working as a healer, one as an attacker and one as support and attack when can, actually work decently as a team. However, split them up and they will get decimated pretty quickly in the higher venues.

I decided to make a second team, which consists of two of my progens' kids and one they adopted. This time I followed a guide to stat them in a way that works best for me and they are now my primary team. Two attackers and one healer. I soon found out that I could omit the healer for another attacker as long as they all had Sap. So I replaced the healer with another of my progen's kids and the rest is history.

I do sometimes tie their coliseum prowess to their lore, but not always. That's why you'll see dragons of varying levels scattered throughout my lair and hibden, lol.
My first coli team was my progens and the first dragon I bought. I didn't know how stats worked in the coliseum and ended up filling them in to match the character of each dragon instead of what would be actually affective in battle. The three of them together, one working as a healer, one as an attacker and one as support and attack when can, actually work decently as a team. However, split them up and they will get decimated pretty quickly in the higher venues.

I decided to make a second team, which consists of two of my progens' kids and one they adopted. This time I followed a guide to stat them in a way that works best for me and they are now my primary team. Two attackers and one healer. I soon found out that I could omit the healer for another attacker as long as they all had Sap. So I replaced the healer with another of my progen's kids and the rest is history.

I do sometimes tie their coliseum prowess to their lore, but not always. That's why you'll see dragons of varying levels scattered throughout my lair and hibden, lol.
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
My first set of coli fighters were literally just the oldest dragons in my lair (outside of my progens, which were left exalted for a long time), and they still are, though I've shuffled them around into other venues that best fit their elements.
My first set of coli fighters were literally just the oldest dragons in my lair (outside of my progens, which were left exalted for a long time), and they still are, though I've shuffled them around into other venues that best fit their elements.
83233757.png:Pet The Noodle:83233757.png
i thought they looked cool now i'm stuck w/ a water trainer in the mire
i thought they looked cool now i'm stuck w/ a water trainer in the mire

NN9NPXA.png
P9aWhak.png
OxagJgG.png
WKtl2lb.png
haxorus.gif

t3kr0g.png
they were my three favourites. statted one of my water dragons to be a mire flyer but then found an appropriate guide and picked my fave lightning dragon. my workshop team is just kind of there because they were the only permas i had from the right elements. everyone in my den is just lvl 25 because i like having levelled dragons - if i need them i can use them easily
they were my three favourites. statted one of my water dragons to be a mire flyer but then found an appropriate guide and picked my fave lightning dragon. my workshop team is just kind of there because they were the only permas i had from the right elements. everyone in my den is just lvl 25 because i like having levelled dragons - if i need them i can use them easily
officer, i drop kicked that child in self defense
~
fr +17 • she / her
I like - I train.
I don't like - I don't train.
These are the dragons I'll be staring at for hours on end, I might as well be satisfied with what I'm looking at
I like - I train.
I don't like - I don't train.
These are the dragons I'll be staring at for hours on end, I might as well be satisfied with what I'm looking at
eppAZHY.png qGabqd5.png
I make teams based on dragons that are battle-y lore wise? If this dragon is a fighter in lore, then they're probably gonna get trained.
I make teams based on dragons that are battle-y lore wise? If this dragon is a fighter in lore, then they're probably gonna get trained.
e9cf991a2d55e3d9c7ee30d89fc8ba18454a7e2c.png
I picked the dragons I thought I'd permanently keep. Custom progen was a given, but also because I consider him a leader for my clan.
Turns out some of the dragons I own that are max level I'm not a big fan of anymore. Maybe it's just a random impulse feeling, but I can always train more dergs if it somehow persists.
I picked the dragons I thought I'd permanently keep. Custom progen was a given, but also because I consider him a leader for my clan.
Turns out some of the dragons I own that are max level I'm not a big fan of anymore. Maybe it's just a random impulse feeling, but I can always train more dergs if it somehow persists.
~
~
b249b1dbc50baf6f32da54dfe296327c5ac51d6d.png
~ W Y R M
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
he/himFR+8
~ ~

NAh145F.png
Originally, it was because of lore reasons. My first coli team are a pair of co-captains with the old mentor who brought them up before retiring from their spaceship (and ended up in a different tab to represent this). Coincidentally, all three ended with faceted eyes, so I made it a "rule" that if I want to give a dragon faceted eyes, I will also raise them to Lv 25.

I also have a Lv 25 permababy with glowy eyes, but that's more because I think it's a neat dragon to have. Maybe it's a way to indicate the dragon's powers are overwhelming or something.
Originally, it was because of lore reasons. My first coli team are a pair of co-captains with the old mentor who brought them up before retiring from their spaceship (and ended up in a different tab to represent this). Coincidentally, all three ended with faceted eyes, so I made it a "rule" that if I want to give a dragon faceted eyes, I will also raise them to Lv 25.

I also have a Lv 25 permababy with glowy eyes, but that's more because I think it's a neat dragon to have. Maybe it's a way to indicate the dragon's powers are overwhelming or something.
A tiny cat resting on books bigger than it, surrounded by magic swirls
tincture - fr +15
ey/em/eirs - pings OK
icon dragon

why are you highlighting this
Sentimental reasons, really.

My progens and my first hatched egg are my main team, and the firstborn from my progens is my mire flyer
Sentimental reasons, really.

My progens and my first hatched egg are my main team, and the firstborn from my progens is my mire flyer
1bmIQLP.png
CUqoYIR.png
hvZ3oWr.png
OdNEyUV.png
UedbVG7.png
1 2 3 4 5 6