Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | wide dandelion
1 2
found a very wide dandelion while walking today! feel free to share any wide dandelions you find here as well [img]https://i.ibb.co/3hT560d/IMG-20240506-145502157.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.ibb.co/Z8xf1Ys/IMG-20240506-145450776.jpg[/img] if anyone knows what can cause this, let me know! it looks super cool
found a very wide dandelion while walking today! feel free to share any wide dandelions you find here as well
IMG-20240506-145502157.jpg
IMG-20240506-145450776.jpg
if anyone knows what can cause this, let me know! it looks super cool
MRiyJ.gif FTN2E.gif pkx4F.gif 1Q7YE.gif
rCZem.gif
Ysp75.gif RBTpa.gif mSQXG.gif
@butterlad

Neat! The phenomenoon is called fasciation and can have a variety of different causes. Although usually pretty rare, it is disproportionally common in dandelions. And it's not harmful to the plants, just weird.
@butterlad

Neat! The phenomenoon is called fasciation and can have a variety of different causes. Although usually pretty rare, it is disproportionally common in dandelions. And it's not harmful to the plants, just weird.
[quote name="Xionahri" date="2024-05-06 13:33:03" ] Neat! The phenomenoon is called fasciation and can have a variety of different causes. Although usually pretty rare, it is disproportionally common in dandelions. And it's not harmful to the plants, just weird. [/quote] it's mentioned briefly in the wikipedia article, but this is the same process that makes those ultrawide strawberries you sometimes get in a pack :)
Xionahri wrote on 2024-05-06 13:33:03:

it's mentioned briefly in the wikipedia article, but this is the same process that makes those ultrawide strawberries you sometimes get in a pack :)
hikaru
22 • he/him • eng/jpn • fr+3

click here for a random bird
________
dandeeeeeelion
dandeeeeeelion
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
Wide
Wide
8-BADFBF9-7-B11-4-F4-E-A48-C-0-FD2320-DF1-F8.png
he ate his brother
he ate his brother
gladekeepervMjpzJ8.png
[/url]
Wide Dandelion: [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/ZRnfbgV.png[/img][/center]
Wide Dandelion:
ZRnfbgV.png
E0wjMW6.gif b7tA1j8.gif ljnC76Z.gif]
oh i found one of those once! super cool
oh i found one of those once! super cool
bonsai_selkirie_1_wip_by_auricolor-dawffmd.png
[quote name="whalesbone" date="2024-05-06 15:10:29" ] [quote name="Xionahri" date="2024-05-06 13:33:03" ] Neat! The phenomenoon is called fasciation and can have a variety of different causes. Although usually pretty rare, it is disproportionally common in dandelions. And it's not harmful to the plants, just weird. [/quote] it's mentioned briefly in the wikipedia article, but this is the same process that makes those ultrawide strawberries you sometimes get in a pack :) [/quote] oh the twin strawberries
whalesbone wrote on 2024-05-06 15:10:29:
Xionahri wrote on 2024-05-06 13:33:03:

it's mentioned briefly in the wikipedia article, but this is the same process that makes those ultrawide strawberries you sometimes get in a pack :)
oh the twin strawberries
my colors!
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
I've seen one of these too! It's really weird and cool
I've seen one of these too! It's really weird and cool
[insert clever and witty comment here]

hey, come check out my fandragons :3
xH2YfAb.png C0YtY9S.gif q9EEy5M.png
FObX7rS.png