Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | [T]Skin and Accent Problems
1 2 ... 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 ... 1144 1145
Hey! So I'm writing to add to @/Sorai's post because I'm the commissioner of the liquid gold skin and I figured I could maybe try to clear it out with the admins and avoid so much back and forth, if this is ok! This version of this skin was denied for "looking" like blood even though it does not look like blood at all, nor the intention is to look anything gore or circumvent any rules. Admins said they know the intention isn't to look like blood, but it still does? However it shows no guts or anything, the liquid gold is oozing from the dragon because the dragon IS made of gold! A Midas touch inspired skin. [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/d377f3219d4d96db2167e75c37c92907/3a02ac620a4022cb-7a/s400x600/ad1c75c687594712e46194c7d8b4c31a0389eb3d.png[/img] This concept of split section spiral skins is quite old! With each split section being a void. I just started to commission artists because I enjoy the concept. Plus it's been done multiple times before too and the intention is to make it seem the dragon is made of something else instead. Sushi, wood, gears, water, ink, fruit, smoke, glass, glitch and now gold! [skin=5158] [skin=9819] [skin=14406] [skin=34201] [skin=34144] [skin=38317] [skin=38010] [skin=53759] [skin=53760] [skin=56470] [skin=55947] [skin=49075] [skin=49168] [skin=54328] [skin=45002] [skin=55400] [skin=53908] [skin=55481] With the last two having liquid flowing out of the parts just to demonstrate further the dragon is made of it and not trying to depict it's bleeding by any means. It's been done on different breeds too but Spirals are more popular due to the body shape, this should be plenty of examples! I don't know if the original idea (top image) can still be considered but if so, we'd be super thankful! Otherwise Sorai did post a [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/1199521/1135#post_56699645]second version[/url] without the drips coming from the top (which sadly isn't as cool looking) but we are hoping at least that can pass if other forms of liquid have passed before without any problems. Since it's visibly not bleeding, and it's visibly Gold/Water/Ink and it does not show any internal organs or actual blood and gore. It shouldn't be ambiguous for that, even if they were coloured red (the water/gold ones) it would still not look like the dragon is bleeding from any wounds. Those are not wounds in the first place. Again this is by no means trying to circumvent any rules nor look ambiguous, but if we were to change the concept it would defeat the whole purpose of the prompt and not look as nice. Thank you for considering!
Hey! So I'm writing to add to @/Sorai's post because I'm the commissioner of the liquid gold skin and I figured I could maybe try to clear it out with the admins and avoid so much back and forth, if this is ok!

This version of this skin was denied for "looking" like blood even though it does not look like blood at all, nor the intention is to look anything gore or circumvent any rules. Admins said they know the intention isn't to look like blood, but it still does? However it shows no guts or anything, the liquid gold is oozing from the dragon because the dragon IS made of gold! A Midas touch inspired skin.

ad1c75c687594712e46194c7d8b4c31a0389eb3d.png

This concept of split section spiral skins is quite old! With each split section being a void. I just started to commission artists because I enjoy the concept. Plus it's been done multiple times before too and the intention is to make it seem the dragon is made of something else instead. Sushi, wood, gears, water, ink, fruit, smoke, glass, glitch and now gold!

With the last two having liquid flowing out of the parts just to demonstrate further the dragon is made of it and not trying to depict it's bleeding by any means. It's been done on different breeds too but Spirals are more popular due to the body shape, this should be plenty of examples!

I don't know if the original idea (top image) can still be considered but if so, we'd be super thankful! Otherwise Sorai did post a second version without the drips coming from the top (which sadly isn't as cool looking) but we are hoping at least that can pass if other forms of liquid have passed before without any problems.

Since it's visibly not bleeding, and it's visibly Gold/Water/Ink and it does not show any internal organs or actual blood and gore. It shouldn't be ambiguous for that, even if they were coloured red (the water/gold ones) it would still not look like the dragon is bleeding from any wounds. Those are not wounds in the first place.

Again this is by no means trying to circumvent any rules nor look ambiguous, but if we were to change the concept it would defeat the whole purpose of the prompt and not look as nice. Thank you for considering!
Drakengard.gif
Hello, I'm sorry to bring up this particular skin, but I tried to change it up to avoid it looking like cuts and blood. What I've done is color-shifted it to be far more purple, to resemble wine. I also erased what appeared to be scars (in fact, this skin was originally [skin=21665] and it was supposed to be a rainfall effect. I see now that it looked like scars when I made it bright red. [img]https://i.imgur.com/T2ceP7S.png[/img] Would this be more acceptable?
Hello, I'm sorry to bring up this particular skin, but I tried to change it up to avoid it looking like cuts and blood.

What I've done is color-shifted it to be far more purple, to resemble wine. I also erased what appeared to be scars (in fact, this skin was originally and it was supposed to be a rainfall effect. I see now that it looked like scars when I made it bright red.

T2ceP7S.png

Would this be more acceptable?
DbPd1nP.png
Hi @SuburbanSamurai, thank you so much for looking into the problem further! Here is the 750x750 version. [img]https://i.imgur.com/tXCvTwx.png[/img]
Hi @SuburbanSamurai, thank you so much for looking into the problem further! Here is the 750x750 version.

tXCvTwx.png
aWHHcv8.gif x Tidepools bQKtPA9.png

She/Her | | FR time +0

» About Me
»
Wishlist » Avatar
» All Aquatic Items
xx
[quote name="SuburbanSamurai" date="2024-05-02 13:34:33" ] @TinyGryphon Thank you for letting us know. I thought I'd found the solution but I guess not! The engineers should be able to solve the problem though, the skin still exists on the site, they just need to get it to appear in your list. [/quote] It turns out my missing skin wasn't linked/attributed to any FR account from a technical standpoint (must've been some kind of error years ago when I first submitted it x-x), the engineers have now fixed this for me, thank you again for your assistance! ^^
SuburbanSamurai wrote on 2024-05-02 13:34:33:
@TinyGryphon Thank you for letting us know. I thought I'd found the solution but I guess not! The engineers should be able to solve the problem though, the skin still exists on the site, they just need to get it to appear in your list.

It turns out my missing skin wasn't linked/attributed to any FR account from a technical standpoint (must've been some kind of error years ago when I first submitted it x-x), the engineers have now fixed this for me, thank you again for your assistance! ^^
nXzCm1w.png
Hello, I made this post about a week ago and the skin name doesn't seem to have changed.

Not a priority, just letting you know that the change might not have been saved, ty!
Hello, I made this post about a week ago and the skin name doesn't seem to have changed.

Not a priority, just letting you know that the change might not have been saved, ty!
stagsig1.png aaa
aaa
» Autistic
» Dyslexic
» Wishlist
» Art Shop
» Accent Shop
» Ecifircas Pinglist
Hi, long post incoming! I figured I'd give my insight on the issue with the out of bounds checker being [i]very[/i] finicky in some situations. [b]tl;dr: it might depend on the exact resizing algorithm you use[/b] I ran into this initially with [gamedb item=56515] and it took a couple of tries to get it right. This is what I got while first trying to get my skin through the coverage checker. I always make sure to clip everything to the skin base using a mask. [img]https://file.garden/ZY5Y-eL_DFdSLe1O/flightrising/linebreak%20issue/image_1.png[/img] I resize all my skins within either paint.NET or krita, both [b]using the lanczos algorithm[/b] for resizing. I've found this specific algorithm kept my details relatively crisp without it looking noticeably crunchy. However, the coverage checker [b]does not like this algorithm[/b]. It wants you to use the EXACT same resize algorithm that all the art on FR uses. Here's the same skin resized using paint.NET's [b]bicubic algorithm[/b] [img]https://file.garden/ZY5Y-eL_DFdSLe1O/flightrising/linebreak%20issue/image_2.png[/img] It goes through without issue! Even though there's no majorly noticeable difference between the two resizing algorithms, the coverage checker does definitely care about which one you use. Here they are side by side. if staff wants to use these for confirming what I just said, feel free to. [img]https://file.garden/ZY5Y-eL_DFdSLe1O/flightrising/linebreak%20issue/fennec_fox_skin_lanczos.png[/img] lanczos [img]https://file.garden/ZY5Y-eL_DFdSLe1O/flightrising/linebreak%20issue/fennec_fox_skin_bicubic.png[/img] bicubic [url=https://file.garden/ZY5Y-eL_DFdSLe1O/flightrising/linebreak%20issue/fennec_fox_skin.png]Here's the full sized skin as well[/url] just in case (I resize the canvas to 1400x1400 first ^^;;) What I ended up doing is resizing the skin template in clip studio paint (using high accuracy (average colors) as the algorithm. bicubic in CSP is... not the same as in paint.NET), clipping the skin resized with lanczos to that, and then exporting the skin again. This ended up getting my skins through the system at least. I hope this all made sense? It's a very long post and I'm not sure if I got the point across that well. cc @Tidepools and @Brunkori since you both ran into this as well
Hi, long post incoming! I figured I'd give my insight on the issue with the out of bounds checker being very finicky in some situations.

tl;dr: it might depend on the exact resizing algorithm you use

I ran into this initially with Skin: Leap into Spring and it took a couple of tries to get it right.

This is what I got while first trying to get my skin through the coverage checker. I always make sure to clip everything to the skin base using a mask.

image_1.png

I resize all my skins within either paint.NET or krita, both using the lanczos algorithm for resizing. I've found this specific algorithm kept my details relatively crisp without it looking noticeably crunchy.

However, the coverage checker does not like this algorithm. It wants you to use the EXACT same resize algorithm that all the art on FR uses.

Here's the same skin resized using paint.NET's bicubic algorithm

image_2.png

It goes through without issue! Even though there's no majorly noticeable difference between the two resizing algorithms, the coverage checker does definitely care about which one you use.

Here they are side by side. if staff wants to use these for confirming what I just said, feel free to.

fennec_fox_skin_lanczos.png
lanczos

fennec_fox_skin_bicubic.png
bicubic

Here's the full sized skin as well just in case (I resize the canvas to 1400x1400 first ^^;;)

What I ended up doing is resizing the skin template in clip studio paint (using high accuracy (average colors) as the algorithm. bicubic in CSP is... not the same as in paint.NET), clipping the skin resized with lanczos to that, and then exporting the skin again. This ended up getting my skins through the system at least.

I hope this all made sense? It's a very long post and I'm not sure if I got the point across that well.

cc @Tidepools and @Brunkori since you both ran into this as well
Hi! I'm Jake or Rads
lwN7WD5.png FRT+9 | he/him

accent shop
xx Silhouette of a flying dragon
@HexingNeon The name has been fixed. @Reckless Thank you, this design has been submitted back to the site admins for further review. The site admins did cite the issue being that the yellow liquid covering the opening of the sliced away areas leaves the nature of the wounds ambiguous, and showing a hollowed out areas within the slices to indicate they are not bleeding wounds and that there are no internal organs, would be acceptable. (example below) [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/media/This-love-will-end-today-ex.png[/img] In the past, sliced out areas of dragons have been considered acceptable if they show inorganic shapes and patterns that clearly do not resemble internal organs or wounds. @RubyZoisite Thank, this version has been submitted back to the site admins for further review. I believe this change will be good to accept. @nekopallet The name is fixed now. @Radiations Thank you for the info! we will pass this along to the engineers.
@HexingNeon The name has been fixed.

@Reckless Thank you, this design has been submitted back to the site admins for further review. The site admins did cite the issue being that the yellow liquid covering the opening of the sliced away areas leaves the nature of the wounds ambiguous, and showing a hollowed out areas within the slices to indicate they are not bleeding wounds and that there are no internal organs, would be acceptable. (example below)
This-love-will-end-today-ex.png
In the past, sliced out areas of dragons have been considered acceptable if they show inorganic shapes and patterns that clearly do not resemble internal organs or wounds.

@RubyZoisite Thank, this version has been submitted back to the site admins for further review. I believe this change will be good to accept.

@nekopallet The name is fixed now.

@Radiations Thank you for the info! we will pass this along to the engineers.
Thank you!
Thank you!
stagsig1.png aaa
aaa
» Autistic
» Dyslexic
» Wishlist
» Art Shop
» Accent Shop
» Ecifircas Pinglist
Sounds good!
Sounds good!
DbPd1nP.png
Hello! I have a couple requests: Could I get the image for [skin=56551] updated to the one below? The only change is that the shadows on the songbirds are shifted from a green to a warm brown. [img]https://i.ibb.co/HVX9ZPy/icant2.png[/img] Could I get the name of [skin=55827] changed from [b]skin: Celeste[/b] to [b]skin: celeste[/b] And lastly, could I get the icons of these three skins: [skin=56552][skin=56553][skin=56106] Updated to match the icon positioning of these two: [skin=56164][skin=56165] Thank you in advance!
Hello! I have a couple requests:

Could I get the image for updated to the one below? The only change is that the shadows on the songbirds are shifted from a green to a warm brown.

icant2.png

Could I get the name of changed from skin: Celeste to skin: celeste

And lastly, could I get the icons of these three skins:

Updated to match the icon positioning of these two:

Thank you in advance!
1 2 ... 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 ... 1144 1145