Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | what is the spiney whale importance?
okay okay so in the rng thread i saw quite a few mentions of the spiney whale.... why the spiny whale? it's a redrock cove monster (level 15)... why the spiney whale? is there some sacred lore that i'm missing out on? it's not a hibden item?
okay okay so in the rng thread i saw quite a few mentions of the spiney whale.... why the spiny whale? it's a redrock cove monster (level 15)... why the spiney whale? is there some sacred lore that i'm missing out on? it's not a hibden item?
wishlist
he/kit
xenogender
trans
transmasc

arospec
rosboy
gay
ace

catgender
Adorable Arcane Hatchery! you should listen to them... NOW!!! Coatl Swirls! semi-verbal
autistic
bird dad
please ping!!!
FR+2
it's a boss monster that looks cool, and even though it's not the hibden one, it's still 120g LAH
it's a boss monster that looks cool, and even though it's not the hibden one, it's still 120g LAH
eNC9ZRF.jpeg
The spiney whale is a boss familiar, which means not only is it a much stronger opponent, it shows up more rarely (also competing with the other boss mob which is its color variant), and I'm fairly certain its drop rate is lower than other familiars (though this could be artificial, simply feeling much lower because of how less likely you are to encounter and defeat the mob that drops it).
Hope that answers your question!
The spiney whale is a boss familiar, which means not only is it a much stronger opponent, it shows up more rarely (also competing with the other boss mob which is its color variant), and I'm fairly certain its drop rate is lower than other familiars (though this could be artificial, simply feeling much lower because of how less likely you are to encounter and defeat the mob that drops it).
Hope that answers your question!
its a boss! they're rarer because boss encounters are less common, and harder to win, meaning their familiars typically require more time grinding than non-bosses (unless you get lucky and drop one in your 2nd encounter, like i did with a stone borer. heh.)
its a boss! they're rarer because boss encounters are less common, and harder to win, meaning their familiars typically require more time grinding than non-bosses (unless you get lucky and drop one in your 2nd encounter, like i did with a stone borer. heh.)
puppy! :3c

ezgif-4-3fe551c58c.gif
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
genderless.png
she-it-pup.png
autistic-1.png
FR-time-19.png
daeb6df-1b7c633f-bfb3-4010-8bef-b9b82880da92.gif
xxxxxxxxxx
ezgif-4-005202d4be.png
ezgif-4-585f0a6e2b.gif
coli-quest.png
wishlist-1.png
fav-dragon.png
xxxxxezgif-4-58858066a1.gif
My thread mentioned, hello.

In the thread, I got the Deeprealm Hunter, which has its value increased because it's needed for the Hibernal Den with a Hydra from Volcanic Vents. LAH for that whale seems to be around 270-280g.

Its counterpart, Spiney Whale, is what the others' are mentioning.
My thread mentioned, hello.

In the thread, I got the Deeprealm Hunter, which has its value increased because it's needed for the Hibernal Den with a Hydra from Volcanic Vents. LAH for that whale seems to be around 270-280g.

Its counterpart, Spiney Whale, is what the others' are mentioning.
A bottle of Dasani (water)
Please drink water.

Step away if things get heated.