Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WATERDOM] Library in the Sky [CLOSED]
1 2 ... 75 76 77 78 79 ... 86 87
[quote]What's your favorite book written before 2000?[/quote] My favorite book from before 2000 is Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler! It's one of my most favorite books of all time and I think about it at least weekly. [b]Daily reading:[/b] I finished the Red Tent! It was so wonderful. There was a beautiful scene at the end where the main character gets to see all of her aunts and her mother in a half-dream at the end of her life. It was a much more moving scene than I can describe in this post!
Quote:
What's your favorite book written before 2000?
My favorite book from before 2000 is Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler! It's one of my most favorite books of all time and I think about it at least weekly.

Daily reading: I finished the Red Tent! It was so wonderful. There was a beautiful scene at the end where the main character gets to see all of her aunts and her mother in a half-dream at the end of her life. It was a much more moving scene than I can describe in this post!
dptB3DX.gif jIH8Pvr.gif AEaZBjW.gif kbDmrOP.gif 4yzc4mr.gif
Daily Reading
Dalaran was such a beaty, he lowkey regretted having stayed up so late, having choosing to make camp and not rest in a village. Cause now he was all dirty and sweaty when he came to dalaran. How sad he got, thinking that he can't visit Jaina in the future since he is a outsider. And sparks fly...semms these two have a cursh on eachother.

So now Arthas is 14 years old. Having more skill now as a fighter. But not just that, Muradin is teaching him all kinds of ways to fight. Just because he is training to became a paladin that doesn't mea that he shouldn't know how to fight in otherways too. And today in a sparring match Arthas managed to defeat his teacher, making Muradin surronder. Wow thats a new thing to him. He learned really well under Muradin

Does manga count too ? Cause I don't think I read that many older books... So ehm dragon ball is pretty sweet to me.
Daily Reading
Dalaran was such a beaty, he lowkey regretted having stayed up so late, having choosing to make camp and not rest in a village. Cause now he was all dirty and sweaty when he came to dalaran. How sad he got, thinking that he can't visit Jaina in the future since he is a outsider. And sparks fly...semms these two have a cursh on eachother.

So now Arthas is 14 years old. Having more skill now as a fighter. But not just that, Muradin is teaching him all kinds of ways to fight. Just because he is training to became a paladin that doesn't mea that he shouldn't know how to fight in otherways too. And today in a sparring match Arthas managed to defeat his teacher, making Muradin surronder. Wow thats a new thing to him. He learned really well under Muradin

Does manga count too ? Cause I don't think I read that many older books... So ehm dragon ball is pretty sweet to me.
Check out my Gummi Worm Subspecie
Gummi-Worm-Emote-3.png Gummi-Worm-Emote-2.png
Continued my Legend of Drizzt/Forgotten Realms fic reading spree.

If I have to pick just one, I'm going to say Lord of the Rings.
Continued my Legend of Drizzt/Forgotten Realms fic reading spree.

If I have to pick just one, I'm going to say Lord of the Rings.
QotD: Tamora Pierce's books were written before 2000 which... makes me feel old, so I'll go with those ones!

For daily reading, I'm chipping away at the Howl's Moving Castle fanfic mashup and it's great so far. Really glad I stumbled upon it.
QotD: Tamora Pierce's books were written before 2000 which... makes me feel old, so I'll go with those ones!

For daily reading, I'm chipping away at the Howl's Moving Castle fanfic mashup and it's great so far. Really glad I stumbled upon it.
jt3PpxV.png
I finished Whispers Underground by Ben Aaronovitch (I wasn't kidding about them being quick reads) and got started on another nonfiction book, The Remarkable Life of John Murray Spear, Agitator for the Spirit Land by John Benedict Buescher. I have a friend who collects weird esoterica and she recommended this biography to me after reading it.

Question of the Day: This is a really hard question because I read quite a lot of older books! I'll say And The Rain My Drink by Han Suyin, a novel about the Malayan emergency, because of how much of an influence it's had on me. I picked it up on a whim at a secondhand book stall in my late teens and it really inspired my interest in international fiction. It's the reason I'm trying to read a book from every country in the world!
I finished Whispers Underground by Ben Aaronovitch (I wasn't kidding about them being quick reads) and got started on another nonfiction book, The Remarkable Life of John Murray Spear, Agitator for the Spirit Land by John Benedict Buescher. I have a friend who collects weird esoterica and she recommended this biography to me after reading it.

Question of the Day: This is a really hard question because I read quite a lot of older books! I'll say And The Rain My Drink by Han Suyin, a novel about the Malayan emergency, because of how much of an influence it's had on me. I picked it up on a whim at a secondhand book stall in my late teens and it really inspired my interest in international fiction. It's the reason I'm trying to read a book from every country in the world!
Na5WGHa.png
daily: finished reading skip by sarah burgess! cute art style but honestly not suuper compelling, the plot & characters felt kinda thin to me.

what's your favorite book from before 2000? AH such a huge time period but it probably has to be persuasion by jane austen? it's my favorite book by her and just such a hilarious heartbreaking classic. AND the 1995 movie is amazing
daily: finished reading skip by sarah burgess! cute art style but honestly not suuper compelling, the plot & characters felt kinda thin to me.

what's your favorite book from before 2000? AH such a huge time period but it probably has to be persuasion by jane austen? it's my favorite book by her and just such a hilarious heartbreaking classic. AND the 1995 movie is amazing
pushing things to the centerSlight-Eyewing.pngspace veilspun adopts
old fest skins
dragons for sale
spaceEEEmH1m.png
4/26: Continued Wired For Story by Lisa Cron. This chapter talked about how you have to put your protagonist through suffering and why authors tend to shy away from it. I have also fallen into this trap so a lot of the tips were pretty helpful.

Question: What's your favorite book written before 2000?
I liked the Great Gatsby a lot! The titular character was very interesting, and I liked that the narrator was someone who was not involved in the actual main drama, and was more of a supportive spectator.
4/26: Continued Wired For Story by Lisa Cron. This chapter talked about how you have to put your protagonist through suffering and why authors tend to shy away from it. I have also fallen into this trap so a lot of the tips were pretty helpful.

Question: What's your favorite book written before 2000?
I liked the Great Gatsby a lot! The titular character was very interesting, and I liked that the narrator was someone who was not involved in the actual main drama, and was more of a supportive spectator.
TntJeP6.png M7v69JN.png
Daily reading: Finished Human.4, with a quotation that sums up their final sitch: "We're just another layer of junk in the landfill of upgraded humanity."

Daily question: A look through my lair might give you a clue! It's "Dragonflight" by Anne McCaffrey, and the rest of the trilogy that followed.
Daily reading: Finished Human.4, with a quotation that sums up their final sitch: "We're just another layer of junk in the landfill of upgraded humanity."

Daily question: A look through my lair might give you a clue! It's "Dragonflight" by Anne McCaffrey, and the rest of the trilogy that followed.
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
@coelacats "Parable of the Sower" is that old? I didn't realize; I just read it last July! (And it WAS a good read!)
@coelacats "Parable of the Sower" is that old? I didn't realize; I just read it last July! (And it WAS a good read!)
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
Aaaand yet more Haunting of Hill House. There's no way I'll be able to finish it by tomorrow, but at least I got a decent way in, and most importantly picked up a book for the first time in forever.

Question:

Ah man, gonna have to go with Lord of the Rings yet again. Can't help that Tolkien's work is in my top 3 :')

(also @sunfishe I know I've only remembered to submit like... 4-5 of my posts via the form, just barely remembered to do it now, should I submit all my previous posts again? I posted every day so it should be pretty easy to find that, but... /shrug)
Aaaand yet more Haunting of Hill House. There's no way I'll be able to finish it by tomorrow, but at least I got a decent way in, and most importantly picked up a book for the first time in forever.

Question:

Ah man, gonna have to go with Lord of the Rings yet again. Can't help that Tolkien's work is in my top 3 :')

(also @sunfishe I know I've only remembered to submit like... 4-5 of my posts via the form, just barely remembered to do it now, should I submit all my previous posts again? I posted every day so it should be pretty easy to find that, but... /shrug)
~~ Call me Beato!
MUYNhfy.png
v2PJF9u.png
Aswnqzl.png

FObX7rS.png
7UXlQKU.gif
WyzHFF3.gif glnLzx2.gif WyzHFF3.gif wtae0IEm_o.pngxb40JV1.png
1 2 ... 75 76 77 78 79 ... 86 87